Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Merger Talks of Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank Roil EmotionsA proposed deal is meeting resistance from labor, regulators and some shareholders. But there is also political momentum in Germany for a tie-up. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- DealBook: Socialist! Capitalist! Economic Systems as Weapons in a War of WordsThe economist Joseph Stiglitz discusses Bernie Sanders, social policy and how we define ourselves — and one another. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Work Friend: The Wages of Being a Woman at WorkLet’s just say they’re a little low. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Worth the risk? It’s not easy to put a value on a cathedralRebuilding Notre Dame, the 800-year-old Paris cathedral devastated by fire this week, will cost billions of dollars as architects, historians and artisans work to preserve the medieval landmark. ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- National Enquirer sold to US magazine distributorThe tabloid has been embroiled in recent high-profile scandals involving Donald Trump and Jeff Bezos. ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Trucker Sued His Former Company, Won, And Got Only $35 For His TroubleA trucker who sued his former employer over unpaid wages won the case in court. Unfortunately for the driver, the judge awarded him a judgement of just $35. Joe Lehman was a truck driver for Postle Aluminum, a subsidiary of Thor Industries, an RV manufacturer. According to the court filings, Lehman was owed wages for working through his 30-minute break. He claims to have missed out on around $3,543 over a period of about a year and a half Lehman used his driver’s logs to prove to the court that he was in fact working during that time. He supplied five daily driving logs as proof. Unfortunately for Lehman, the judge ruled that since only those five days could be accounted for, the company would only have to pay him for those five days. At a rate of $7 for each half-hour break, that came out to $35.… ..... Read More.5 hours ago