Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Mediator: Assailing the White House From Hollywood’s Glass HouseWho do our stars think they’re winning over with political oratory side-by-side with a bacchanalia of self-congratulation? ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Majority Of Money In Airbag Fraud Settlement Slated For Automakers, Not Actual VictimsThe 18-year-old all-state cheerleader was just picking up her little brother from football practice when she got into a fender bender in the parking lot – a minor accident that is almost a rite of passage for thousands of teenagers every year. But this crash was different, because this car had a defective Takata airbag. It exploded violently, sending piercing metal shrapnel everywhere. One of those shards sliced her neck, and she was dead within minutes.Her name is Ashley Parham, and she was the first fatality of the defective Takata airbag. When she was killed, Ashley had just graduated from high school. She had dreamed of being a teacher.If the story of her death is gruesome to read, think of how painful it was for her family to experience. And then think of how they felt when they learned that executives at the company that manufactured the airbag in their… ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- London Stock Exchange Says Its Merger Is Unlikely to Win ApprovalThe exchange said its union with Deutsche Börse was in jeopardy after European regulators demanded the sale of an additional asset. ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Stanley Dearman, Editor Who Sought Justice in 1964 Murders, Dies at 84Mr. Dearman’s editorials helped set the stage for the belated conviction of a former Klansman for organizing the murders of three civil rights workers in Mississippi. ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Protesters Gather to Support the Press, From Fox News to The New York TimesA group marched to the offices of The Times, Fox News, The Wall Street Journal and NBC News to champion press freedom for all organizations, regardless of political leaning. ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Business rates a ‘ticking time bomb’ for small firmsLabour calls for "immediate" relief for companies facing big increases after April's revaluation. ..... Read More.4 hours ago