Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Bad sex scenesAs more and more people listen to podcasts, how can podcast makers make money from what they do? ..... Read More.18 mins ago
- Major sponsor pulls support from Alaska’s Iditarod raceThe world's most famous sled dog race has lost a major backer, and Alaska race officials are blaming animal rights organizations for pressuring corporate sponsors like Wells Fargo outside the state. ..... Read More.33 mins ago
- Instagram Tests Direct Response Ads in StoriesInstagram is testing direct response ads inside its Stories section, allowing sign-up and app-install pitches, among other salesy formats.On Wednesday, Instagram served an ad in Stories from SumUp, an e-payment device company, that prompted people to swipe up to sign up for its service.Until now, Instagram Stories ads have only offered broad "reach" objectives for branding purposes and not more targeted marketing goals. It's experimenting with ads encouraging app installation, sign-ups on websites and other goals that are already part of the main Instagram ad offering, according to people familiar with the testing. Instagram Stories will eventually accomodate all the same marketing objectives that are available from buying ads in the main feed, they said. Continue reading at AdAge.com ..... Read More.34 mins ago
- How food stamp cuts could ripple through the economyA proposal to curtail the nation's food stamp program would pinch families struggling to pay for groceries and ripple through other areas of the economy, including supermarkets and discounters, as people shuffle their budgets. ..... Read More.36 mins ago
- Passenger: airline was warned about disruptive man at gateA woman on a flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu says passengers complained to American Airlines employees before takeoff that they were afraid of the passenger whose disruptive behavior prompted bomb-threat procedures and military fighter jets to escort the plane. ..... Read More.40 mins ago
- Interactive experiences a big part of casinos’ futuresGambling experts say that offering gamblers interactive experiences is going to be a big part of the future for casinos in the United States and around the world. ..... Read More.46 mins ago