Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- HQ Trivia’s co-founder and CEO has died: Monday Wake-Up CallWelcome to Ad Age's Wake-Up Call, our daily roundup of advertising, marketing, media and digital news. Friendly reminder: The deadline for the Ad Age A-List Awards is tomorrow at 5 p.m. EST. (Creativity Awards have until Jan. 8).What people are talking about todayColin Kroll, the co-founder of the HQ Trivia quiz app and the Vine short video platform, was found dead in New York this weekend, news reports say. Kroll, HQ Trivia's CEO, was 34. Bloomberg News reports that police found drugs on the premises and are awaiting a medical examiner's report on what caused his death. There was no HQ Trivia game Sunday night; instead host Scott Rogowsky made brief remarks in Kroll's memory. "Colin, or C.K. as we called him, was a true visionary who changed the game twice -- first with Vine and then with this very app," Rogowsky said. Because Kroll was an animal-lover who often… ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- ‘Suicide doors’ make a comeback in 80th anniversary edition Lincoln Continenta...The company is coming out with an 80th anniversary edition of the Lincoln Continental with a feature that was once regarded as highly controversial. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Prosecco’s bubble shows no sign of burstingProsecco, the fruity sparkling wine made in the northeastern hills of Italy is gaining in global popularity — and producers of Champagne, for so long the dominant bubbly wine, are taking note. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Malaysia files criminal charges against Goldman, ex-bankers in 1MDB probeThis is the first time Goldman Sachs has faced criminal charges in the 1MDB scandal. The bank has consistently denied wrongdoing. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Bloodhound supersonic car project savedThe supersonic vehicle could still race at 1,000mph after an entrepreneur bought the business. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Student loan change adds £12bn to deficitA change in how student loans appear in the public finances will add pressure to cut tuition fees. ..... Read More.2 hours ago