Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Ford Sending $500 to Evacuated Michigan HouseholdsFord Motor Co. will send $500 checks to every household that was evacuated from a southeastern Michigan city because of a gasoline leak from the automaker’s plant into the community’s sewer system, representatives said. The checks would total $600,000 for … ..... Read More.15 mins ago
- Oklahoma Moves Up in Highway Bridge Conditions RankingOklahoma moved from No. 9 in the nation to No. 7 among states with the lowest percentages of structurally deficient bridges on the highway system in 2020, the state’s transportation department reports. Oklahoma was once near the bottom of the … ..... Read More.19 mins ago
- 40 Vehicles Damaged, Destroyed by Fire in Indianapolis Auto YardAbout 40 vehicles have been destroyed or damaged during a fire in an Indianapolis auto yard. The blaze initially was reported about 1:45 a.m. on Sept. 15 as a trash fire, according to the Indianapolis Fire Department. However, the first … ..... Read More.21 mins ago
- Wisconsin Agribusiness Sued for Harassment, Discrimination, RetaliationWisconsin’s largest ginseng producer is facing a federal lawsuit charging the company with subjecting female workers to hostile work environment and firing them for resisting, and for discriminating against employees because of their national origin. The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity … ..... Read More.22 mins ago
- Donelon Doubles Down as State Farm Refuses to Cover Ida Evacuation CostsFor the second time in a week, Louisiana Insurance Commissioner Jim Donelon has said he is considering levying fines against insurance companies that continue to refuse to comply with his emergency directive to cover the temporary living expenses of policyholders … ..... Read More.24 mins ago
- South Carolina Lawyer Who Arranged Own Death Turns Himself in on Insurance FraudA prominent South Carolina lawyer who found the bodies of his wife and son three months ago plans to turn himself in to face charges in a plot to arrange his own death that ended with the shooter only grazing … ..... Read More.25 mins ago
- Women threatened over maternity care billsA debt collection company told some women that future visas for in the UK would be refused if they did not pay. ..... Read More.59 mins ago