Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Glen Mulready, Candidate for Oklahoma Insurance CommissionerOklahoma Insurance Commissioner Election 2018 The office of the insurance commissioner in Oklahoma is an elected position. The current commissioner, John D. Doak, is term limited and cannot run again; his successor will be determined in the general election that … ..... Read More.4 mins ago
- Treasury Erases ‘Too-Big-to-Fail’ Label on PrudentialThe Trump Administration has rescinded the systemically risky – or “too big to fail” – designation for Prudential Financial that placed the financial services giant under extra regulatory scrutiny. The designation of Prudential as a systemically important financial institution (SIFI) … ..... Read More.9 mins ago
- National Safety Board Calls for Standards for Drugged Driving TestsU.S. transportation safety officials are sounding the alarm on drug-impaired driving, calling for state and federal regulators to do more to tackle the growing problem as states grapple with prescription drug abuse and adopt a more permissive stance on marijuana. … ..... Read More.9 mins ago
- Cavignac & Associates in California Names White Human Resources Risk AdvisorSan Diego, Calif.-based Cavignac & Associates has named Jessica White a human resources risk advisor. White will provide advice to Cavignac & Associates’ clients to help them reduce the frequency and severity of their employee claims. She primarily interacts with … ..... Read More.9 mins ago
- How to Make Self-Driving Cars Safer on Roads with HumansAs the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Congress press for removing safety regulations in order to fast-track the introduction of highly automated vehicles, human factors/ergonomics experts are recommending requiring important testing and driver support. The Human Factors and Ergonomics … ..... Read More.9 mins ago
- EPIC Insurance Brokers Adds Harnetiaux in CaliforniaEPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants has named Kevin Harnetiaux senior vice president and chief operating officer of EPIC’s Sacramento, Cailf. Region, including Gold River, Calif., and Reno, Nev. Harnetiaux joins from the State Fund of California, where he was executive … ..... Read More.9 mins ago
- Regulators, Industry Seek to Keep Florida AOB Abuse In Check After MichaelIn an effort to keep the Florida assignment of benefits (AOB) crisis from further worsening in the state, Florida’s insurance industry, regulators and consumer advocates are on high alert for AOB activity in the wake of Hurricane Michael and working … ..... Read More.28 mins ago