Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Bage Appointed CEO at MAX Insurance in KansasOverland Park, Kansas-based MutualAid eXchange (MAX) has named Dr. Lisa Bage, currently chief operating officer at MAX, as CEO and president effective Feb. 15, 2021. She will succeed current President and CEO David M. Wine, who is retiring following 20 … ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Alera Group Acquires CSNW Benefits in OregonAlera Group has acquired CSNW Benefits in Portland, Ore. The CSNW Benefits team will continue serving clients in their existing roles. Terms of the deal were not announced. CSNW Benefits serves clients throughout the Northwest region, creating employee benefits and … ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Poms & Associates in California Adds Fontelieu and TolandPoms & Associates has added Ed Fontelieu and Jason Toland to the commercial insurance production team. Fontelieu and Toland will work with Poms & Associates clients to deliver risk management solutions. Fontelieu is based in Fresno, Calif. He joins Poms … ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- 2020 Could Make 2021 the Year of Insurance Agency E&O LawsuitsInsurance agents and brokers should prepare for a big agency errors and omissions (E&O) litigation wave to crash their shores in 2021. Agency E&O claims are a lagging indicator, meaning plaintiffs typically only go after agents and brokers after they … ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Why Now May Be the Best Time to Start an Insurance Agency: ViewpointStarting an independent insurance agency, or any business, is a risky proposition. You’re moving from a secure position with a regular income and foreseeable future to a place where uncertainty is the new normal. Some may think that’s truer than … ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Hub Acquires Assets of MPE Employee Benefit Services of MississippiHUB International Limited (Hub), a global insurance broker, has acquired the assets of MPE Employee Benefit Services. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Located in Ridgeland, Miss., MPE Employee Benefit Services is a third-party administrator (TPA) providing administration services … ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- 14 Tanks Burn in Explosion at North Dakota Oil Tank BatteryAuthorities say an explosion at an oil tank battery near New Town, North Dakota, on Jan. 18 sent 14 tanks up in flames and caused oil and brine to spill. No injuries were reported. New Town Fire Chief John DeGroot … ..... Read More.6 hours ago