Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Greensill Capital’s Funding Crisis Could Lead to Losses for Insurers, Banks: AnalysisLONDON – A funding crisis at Greensill Capital could spill over to some of its high-risk borrowers and lead to losses for insurers and banks that have done business with the UK-based supply chain finance firm if its clients default, … ..... Read More.53 mins ago
- Insurers Don’t Have Capacity to Handle Systemic Pandemic Risk: Generali CEOMILAN – Europe’s insurance industry doesn’t have the capacity to deal with the systemic risk of a pandemic and more protection needs to be put in place through private-public partnerships, the head of Italian insurer Generali said on Thursday. Speaking … ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- London-Based Broker Costero Holdings Acquires Mar Risk ServicesCostero Holdings, a privately held London-based brokerage, has acquired the independent broker Mar Risk Services Ltd. (MarRS), effective March 1, 2021. Headquartered in London, MarRS offers insurance advice and access to leading insurance providers both in Lloyd’s and international markets. … ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Coronavirus: Who should be shielding and why?More people have been added to the clinically extremely vulnerable list in England. Why? ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Zurich Promotes Signorelli to CEO of Commercial InsuranceZurich Insurance Group has appointed Sierra Signorelli, currently group chief underwriting officer, to the role of chief executive officer for Commercial Insurance and as a member of the executive committee with immediate effect. Signorelli succeeds James Shea, who has decided … ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Covid: When will I get the vaccine?Two approved Covid vaccines are being rolled out across the UK. So when might you get one? ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Aviva Sells Italian Businesses to Allianz and CNP in 2 Deals Totaling $1.1 BillionAviva Plc has exited its Italian businesses in a pair of deals totaling 873 million euros ($1.1 billion) as the UK insurer continues to pivot to its core markets. CNP Assurances and Allianz SE bought the London-based firm’s Italian life … ..... Read More.3 hours ago