Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Honda recalls Passports, Pilots and RidgelinesThe hood may open while the vehicle is being driven By James Limbach of ConsumerAffairs December 3, 2021 American Honda Motor Co. is recalling 724,826 model year 2019 Passports, model year 2016-2019 Pilots, and model year 2017-2020 Ridgelines. The hood latch striker may become damaged and separate from the hood, which can result in the hood opening while the vehicle is being driven. A hood that opens while the vehicle is being driven can obstruct the driver's view and increase the risk of a crash. What to do Dealers will either repair the hood latch strikeror replace the hood -- if necessary -- free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed on January 17, 2022. Owners may contact Honda customer service at (888) 234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is PBV. ..... Read More.21 mins ago
- NFP Acquires Connecticut’s Insurance Provider GroupNFP, an insurance broker and consultant that provides property/casualty, corporate benefits, retirement and individual services, acquired the assets of Insurance Provider Group LLC (IPG). The transaction closed on October 6, 2021. Connecticut-based IPG is a property/casualty insurance broker that provides … ..... Read More.32 mins ago
- People Moves: Burns & Wilcox Names Kaufman President; Arturo Adds Tulsian; Robinett Joins NFPDaniel J. Kaufman will become president of wholesale broker Burns & Wilcox in January. He previously served as chief operating officer for Burns & Wilcox, the largest subsidiary of H.W. Kaufman Group. He is only the third president in the … ..... Read More.36 mins ago
- California Judge Weighing in on Legality of Women Board Member LawWhen then-California Gov. Jerry Brown signed the nation’s first law requiring women on boards of publicly traded companies, he suggested it might not survive legal challenges. Three years later, a judge will begin hearing evidence this week in Los Angeles … ..... Read More.52 mins ago
- Data Hacked for 400K Planned Parenthood Patients in CaliforniaThe Los Angeles branch of Planned Parenthood was hit by a data breach involving about 400,000 patients, but there is no indication that the information was used “for fraudulent purposes,” the group said. A hacker installed computer malware between Oct. … ..... Read More.57 mins ago
- Agency in California Opposes Cruise Robotaxi Application, Citing SafetySan Francisco’s public transit operator has challenged an application by Cruise to charge for robotaxi rides, saying on Wednesday promotional videos from the General Motors Co unit show Cruise passengers illegally hopping in and out of vehicles in the middle … ..... Read More.60 mins ago
- Sedgwick Acquires Belgian Engineering Consultancy ABESIM B.V.Sedgwick, a global provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions, announced it has acquired ABESIM B.V. in Belgium. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. The acquisition of ABESIM will enhance Sedgwick’s existing business in Belgium, EFI … ..... Read More.1 hour ago