Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- San Francisco poised to ban e-cigarette salesThe city board unanimously supported the ban in a preliminary vote last week ..... Read More.13 mins ago
- 10 People at Clark Atlanta University Treated After Chemical Spill in Science BuildingAt least 10 people had to be decontaminated after a worker at a university in Atlanta spilled a chemical, creating a white cloud inside a science building. News outlets report everyone was evacuated Friday from the building at Clark Atlanta … ..... Read More.43 mins ago
- Walmart ups the ante in the grocery delivery contestWith others offering deals to hold on to their piece of the pie, the consumer cant help but win By Gary Guthrie of ConsumerAffairs June 24, 2019 Walmart has decided to amp up its place in the grocery delivery game. And its not just sticking a toe or two in the water, its putting in its whole foot. Walmart is reportedly set to go on two new direct-to-consumer offers: Delivery Unlimited, an unlimited grocery delivery service for $12.95 per month plan, $98/year, or up to $9.95 per order; and InHome, a service in which a Walmart delivery person will come to a consumers home and put their order of fresh products directly in the refrigerator. InHome will be making its debut this fall in Kansas City, Missouri; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and Vero Beach, Florida. In an open letter to employees earlier this month, Walmart President and CEO Doug McMillon announced that… ..... Read More.46 mins ago
- Arkansas River Too High, Fast to Assess Little Rock-Area Flood DamageThe Arkansas River remains too high and fast to assess flood damage in the Little Rock area, officials say. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said the removal of silt and the restoration of the channel for barge traffic are … ..... Read More.58 mins ago
- Louisiana Couple Pleads Guilty in $48M Medical Reimbursement ScamA Louisiana couple has pleaded guilty in a $48 million scheme that targeted a medical reimbursement program, federal prosecutors said on June 21. The U.S. Justice Department, New Orleans-based U.S. Attorney Peter Strasser and other officials outlined the case in … ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Doctors in Missouri Reluctant to Certify Patients for Medical MarijuanaMissourians looking for physicians to certify them to buy medical marijuana when it becomes available next year are running into resistance from doctors who are reluctant to prescribe the substance. Instead, would-be users are turning to pop-up and specialty clinics … ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- 2 More Workers Indicted in Missouri Duck Boat Sinking That Killed 17A federal grand jury has indicted two more employees of a company that owns a duck boat that sank on a Missouri lake last summer, killing 17 people. Curtis Lanham, the general manager at Ride the Ducks Branson, and Charles … ..... Read More.1 hour ago