Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Louisiana Seeks to Clarify Named Storm/Hurricane Deductible LawThe Louisiana Department of Insurance has issued an advisory letter to property/casualty insurers operating in the state that seeks to clarify the interpretation and application of state law regarding policy deductibles in relation to named storms/hurricanes/subtropical storms. Advisory Letter No. … ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Sea Level Rise Puts $117.5B at Risk from Chronic FloodingThose interested in risk management are starting to take climate change a bit more seriously. The evidence is anecdotal, but for that proof one can just ask Phil Renaud, executive director for the Risk Institute at Ohio State University, a … ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Arthur J. Gallagher Buys Marchetti, Robertson & Brickell Insurance and Bonding AgencyIllinois-based Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. has acquired Marchetti, Robertson & Brickell Insurance and Bonding Agency Inc., with offices in Ridgeland, Mississippi, and Kansas City, Missouri. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Founded in 1953, Marchetti, Robertson & Brickell … ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Artist Sues NRA for Using Chicago’s ‘Bean’ Sculpture in videoThe artist behind Chicago’s famous bean-shaped sculpture has filed a federal lawsuit accusing the National Rifle Association of copyright infringement by using an image of his work in a video advertisement last year. Anish Kapoor’s lawsuit filed in the U.S. … ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Legislative Audit: Kansas Wildfire Response Underfunded, UnderstaffedA legislative audit says Kansas’ wildlife suppression system is underfunded and understaffed and operates with a fragmented leadership. The Topeka Capital-Journal reports the audit was ordered after wildfires in 2016 and 2017 burned more than 800,000 acres in Kansas, causing … ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Feds Fine Texas Cancer Center $4.3M for Data BreachesFederal health officials have ordered the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to pay a $4.3 million fine for failing to secure health records stemming from data breaches. The Houston Chronicle reports the U.S. Department of Health and Human … ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- How to manage your hay fever this summerAfter a Met Office warning about unusually high pollen levels, here are some top tips for sufferers. ..... Read More.4 hours ago