Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Google’s Android 10 update enhances and simplifies privacy settingsIts worth a few minutes to find out which apps have permission to track every little detail By Gary Guthrie of ConsumerAffairs July 13, 2020 If youre an Android user and noticed a nudge to do a system upgrade, youre in for some big pluses. After months of working out kinks and ridding the platform of bugs, Google has released the full version of Android 10. And its impressive. When ConsumerAffairs took the new system update for a spin, the first thing that impressed us are the new intuitive features like gesture control that lets users do things without having to click on a button. The update also comes with digital wellbeing tools which might help curb tech addiction or just tell the user that theyve been on their phone a little too much, and now theres a way for parents to help guide their little ones online use and… ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- FDA fast tracks two new vaccine candidatesPositive early data shows the vaccines spur the generation of more antibodies By Sarah D. Young of ConsumerAffairs July 13, 2020 The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted fast track status to two promising coronavirus candidates from Pfizer and BioNTech. The agencys decision was based on encouraging data from early trials in the United States and Germany, which are still being carried out. The two vaccine candidates are called BNT162b1 and BNT162b2, and both are messenger ribonucleic acid (or mRNA) vaccines. The FDAs decision to grant these two COVID-19 vaccine candidates Fast Track designation signifies an important milestone in the efforts to develop a safe and effective vaccine against SARS-CoV-2, said Peter Honig, senior vice president of global regulatory affairs at Pfizer. Honig added that Pfizer will continue working closely with the FDA throughout the clinical development of this program, Project Lightspeed, to evaluate the safety and efficacy… ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- California Labor Commissioner Sues Gig Car Wash for Misclassifying WorkersThe Labor Commissioner’s Office has filed a lawsuit against a gig-economy car wash company in Southern California for violating labor laws by misclassifying employees as independent contractors. Mobile Wash Inc. of Bellflower misclassified at least 100 workers, harming both the … ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Protest Damage Cited by Oregon Authorities Skewed by Mall, Report ShowsThe Portland, Ore. police said earlier this week that ongoing protests had cost businesses in the downtown area $23 million in property damage and lost revenue, but those figures are skewed by just one business, a mall already shut down … ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Florida Shatters Daily COVID Case Record as Disney Parks ReopenFlorida shattered the national record Sunday for the largest single-day increase in positive coronavirus cases in any state since the beginning of the pandemic, adding more than 15,000 cases as its daily average death toll continued to also rise. According … ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Older adults and women have been more active during quarantine, survey findsResearchers are encouraging consumers to keep up with a fitness routine By Kristen Dalli of ConsumerAffairs July 13, 2020 Staying active during quarantine orders can come with countless mental and physical health benefits, and experts are continuing to urge consumers to find ways to be active in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, researchers from Anglia Ruskin University have found two groups in particular that havent been getting enough exercise during this extended time at home: young adults and men. According to their survey, older adults and women are outperforming younger adults and men when it comes to physical activity. Whos still exercising? To get a better gauge of exercise patterns during quarantine, the researchers surveyed over 900 U.K.-based adults beginning in mid-March. The researchers compared these results with a similar survey that was compiled prior to the pandemic. They were surprised to learn that overall activity levels increased… ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Midwest States to Get Federal Help After Disaster Declarations ApprovedAt least three Midwest states – Michigan, Missouri and North Dakota will receive federal help after President Donald Trump approved their requests for federal disaster declarations. Missouri requested a federal disaster declaration for severe storms in early May. Missouri Gov. … ..... Read More.4 hours ago