Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Idaho Insurance Agent Fined $46K for Submitting Unauthorized ApplicationsThe Idaho Department of Insurance revoked the insurance producer license of Bryce Joseph Vance for violations of the Idaho Insurance Code and imposed an administrative penalty of $46,000. Vance was charged and admitted to violations of Idaho Code, Title 41, … ..... Read More.12 mins ago
- Tesla Model 3 earns IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+ awardThe safety group put alternative power vehicles through the paces By Mark Huffman of ConsumerAffairs September 19, 2019 The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has named the Tesla Model 3 as one of its TOP SAFETY PICK+ choices for 2019, the brands first such recognition. The Model 3 is the least expensive of Teslas three models. Its price starts at $35,000, while the Model X starts at around $81,000 and the Model S starts at around $75,000. IIHS made a point of reviewing and testing vehicles with alternative power sources, including the Audi e-tron, the only other plug-in to earn a TOP SAFETY PICK+ designation. The electric Chevrolet Bolt missed the cut because the glare from its headlights subtracted too many points. "Vehicles with alternative powertrains have come into their own," IIHS Chief Research Officer David Zuby says. "There's no need to trade away safety for a lower… ..... Read More.12 mins ago
- Hand hygiene is key to preventing the fluBut researchers say its going to take more than just hand sanitizer By Kristen Dalli of ConsumerAffairs September 19, 2019 With colder months on the way, there will be more chances for infections to spread. Before flu season is fully underway, its a great time to think about what we all can do to prevent the highly contagious virus. A new study has revealed that hand sanitizer alone isnt completely effective in killing the bacteria that spreads the flu from person-to-person. Researchers say more drastic measures need to be taken to help stop the infection. The physical properties of mucus protect the virus from inactivation, said researcher Dr. Ryohei Hirose. Until the mucus has completely dried, infectious [influenza A virus] can remain on the hands and fingers, even after appropriate antiseptic hand rubbing. Keeping hands clean Based on previous studies, the researchers learned that ethanol-based disinfectants (EBDs) like hand sanitizer… ..... Read More.16 mins ago
- Employees who focus solely on their own goals may achieve lessThose who prioritize their own personal success can clash with others in the workplace By Kristen Dalli of ConsumerAffairs September 19, 2019 Virtually any employer would agree that its important for employees to have personal goals, but a new study conducted by researchers from San Diego State University found that zeroing in on those goals -- and those goals only -- isnt always great for the workplace. The researchers found that when employees adopt the mindset that their goals are more important than any other outcome, it can take a toll on workplace attitudes, relationships, and overall employee performance. Employees with Machiavellian personalities tend to not trust others; show a willingness to engage in amoral behavior; and exhibit a desire to maintain interpersonal control, said researcher Dr. Gabi Eissa. They tend to believe that a coworkers success is risky, so they become motivated to see others lose. Oftentimes, they feel… ..... Read More.32 mins ago
- Group Says FEMA’s Flood Home Buyouts Take Too LongFor those who want to move out of a flood zone, the wait time for a home buyout can stretch five years or more, according to the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), which analyzed nearly 30 years of data from … ..... Read More.60 mins ago
- Surgeon’s patients were ‘deliberately misled’Tribunal finds eye surgeon Bobby Qureshi was "dishonest" with vulnerable patients. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Lloyd’s to Open Miami Office to Expand Its Latin American and Caribbean BusinessLloyd’s plans to set up an office in Miami to support business development in the Latin American and Caribbean markets. “Latin America is a key market for Lloyd’s, with premium close to US$1.5 billion,” said Daniel Revilla, regional head, Latin … ..... Read More.2 hours ago