Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Stress during pregnancy could affect baby’s brain development, study findsFinding ways to lower stress during pregnancy are key By Kristen Dalli of ConsumerAffairs November 24, 2020 Managing stress during pregnancy is important for countless reasons. Recent studies have found that heightened stress while pregnant can affect everything from newborns behavior to their overall well-being. Now, a new study conducted by researchers from the University of Edinburgh found that high levels of stress during pregnancy can affect infants brain development. Stress produces the hormone cortisol, and the researchers found that higher levels of cortisol can have an effect on brain development. Our findings are a call to action to detect and support pregnant women who need extra help during pregnancy as this could be an effective way of promoting healthy brain development in their babies, said researcher James Boardman. Concerns related to heightened stress To better understand how stress during pregnancy can affect newborns brain development, the researchers had 78… ..... Read More.40 mins ago
- Here’s what people are shopping for on ‘Black Friday week’Consumers wishlists appear to be top-heavy with electronics By Mark Huffman of ConsumerAffairs November 24, 2020 This year, thanks to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Black Friday has been extended from just one day to most of the month of November. Deals are increasing this week as the official kickoff to the holiday shopping season approaches. According to BestBlackFriday.com, most retailers are staging week-long sales promotions that lack the OMG doorbuster deals from previous years. But the savings are there, especially when it comes to technology and gadgets. The iPhone 12 is reportedly high on many peoples gift lists this year. Other tech items consumers say they want to find under the tree are video game consoles, which got a workout as people spent a lot more time at home during the pandemic. BestBlackFridays survey of consumers about what tech gifts they valued most found that 17 percent asked for… ..... Read More.40 mins ago
- Covid: The new lockdown rules for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern IrelandEngland will move to a tougher version of tiered coronavirus restrictions when lockdown ends next week. ..... Read More.41 mins ago
- IRS urges taxpayers to get head start on 2020 tax preparationsThere are a number of changes, so planning in advance can save time and stress By Gary Guthrie of ConsumerAffairs November 24, 2020 Its still 2020 and theres plenty of time before the next April 15 Tax Day, but the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is encouraging taxpayers to take necessary actions now to facilitate a timely and accurate filing of federal tax returns in 2021. The IRS knows what a crazy year 2020 has been because of the pandemic, and its certainly been a part of that craziness due to changing tax deadlines and extensions. Its basic reason for urging taxpayers to move ahead now is that there are several changes in forms that many filers will have to address. The agency says it may also help people discover potentially overlooked deductions or credits. Changes to start preparing for Unemployment, gig economy, or refund interest income: On top of the… ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Bitcoin value soars above $19,000The digital token is inching closer to breaking a 2017 record By Sarah D. Young of ConsumerAffairs November 24, 2020 Amid the turmoil and uncertainty of 2020, Bitcoin has rallied to levels not seen in several years. The volatile digital coin broke $19,000 on Tuesday, up 166 percent year-to-date. Bitcoins recent gains pushed it closer to its first record high of almost $20,000, which it hit in December 2017 before falling to as low as $3,122 the following year. Industry analysts say Bitcoins bull run this year was set in motion for a variety of reasons, all of which stem from the pandemic. The coin has seen adoption from traditional investors and major players like PayPal and Square, which in turn bolstered the coins acceptance on a larger scale. In October, Square purchased $50 million worth of the currency. The company said at the time that it sees in Bitcoin… ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Covid: Addenbrooke’s Hospital nurse speaks of ‘tired’ staffHospital staff speak of "tired" colleagues while they tackle the second wave of coronavirus. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Polaris recalls RZR ROVsThe vehicles clutch can fail, posing an injury hazard. By James Limbach of ConsumerAffairs November 24, 2020 Polaris of Medina, Minn., is recalling about 19,000 model year 2020-2021RZR ROVs sold in the U.S. and Canada. The vehicles clutch can fail, posing an injury hazard. The firm has received 136 reports of clutch failure, including eight reports of debris and clutch component ejection that damaged nearby parts of the vehicle. No injuries have been reported. This recall involves model year 2020 RZR PRO XP and RZR PRO XP 4, and model year 2021 RZR PRO XP, RZR PRO XP 4, RZR Turbo S, RZR Turbo S 4, RZR XP Turbo and RZR XP 4 Turbo recreational off-highway vehicles. The two or four-seat vehicles were sold in the following colors: Black, blue, gray, lime (green), sand (light brown), orange, red, titanium (silver) and white. POLARIS is stamped on the front grille… ..... Read More.2 hours ago