Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- South Carolina Joins Growing List of States to Sue Opioid DistributorsThe South Carolina Attorney General’s office has filed a lawsuit against major opioid distribution companies, claiming the businesses are partially responsible for the opioid crisis. News outlets report Attorney General Alan Wilson filed the lawsuit last week against Cardinal, McKesson … ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Georgia-Based Colonial Pipeline Sues Contractor Over Alabama SpillGeorgia-based Colonial Pipeline Co. has sued an Alabama contractor over a spill that threatened gasoline supplies along the East Coast three years ago. The pipeline operator contends faulty work by the Birmingham-based Ceco Pipeline Services caused a crack that spilled … ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Liberty Specialty Markets Adds Goodliffe in Chicago as Sr. Underwriting OfficerLiberty Specialty Markets (LSM), part of Liberty Mutual Insurance, has appointed James Goodliffe to the role of senior underwriting officer within its Financial Risk Solutions (FRS) Multi-Buyer Trade Credit practice. He is based in Chicago. Goodliffe will be responsible for … ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Iowa’s Hy-Vee Grocery Warns of Security Problem With Credit Card ReadersAn Iowa-based grocery store chain is warning customers about what it says is a security incident involving payment card systems. Hy-Vee said in a news release that it launched an investigation after it detected unauthorized activity on some of its … ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Texas A&M Forest Service Activates Airtanker Base to Help Combat WildfiresIn response to rising wildfire activity across the state, the Texas A&M Forest Service is opening the Austin Airtanker Base at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. Significant fire activity has increased recently, particularly in northwest Texas, Central Texas and the Cross Timbers … ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- West Lane Hospital patients ‘at high risk of avoidable harm’Two patients died in two months at the Middlesbrough centre, which has been rated inadequate. ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- High blood pressure in mid-30s may pose risk to brain healthPeople in their mid-30s need to watch their blood pressure to protect brain health in later life. ..... Read More.9 hours ago