Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Costco has begun selling gold barsThe membership club is getting in on the gold rush By Mark Huffman of ConsumerAffairs September 29, 2023 People go to Costco for lots of different reasons but to invest money isnt very high on the list. At least, not until now. However, the membership warehouse has begun selling a limited number of one-ounce gold bars and has found an eager market. On Costcos quarterly earnings call this week, Costco Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti confirmed the company is selling the precious metal on its website. But when we load them on the site, theyre typically gone within a few hours, and we limit two per member, Galanti said. Buying gold bars is a lot more expensive than stocking up on toilet paper. The price of gold fluctuates daily but on Wednesday, the gold bars were priced at $1,979.99 per ounce, meaning two would cost nearly $4,000. But in… ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- A New Way to Prevent S.T.I.s: A Pill After SexThe Centers for Disease Control and Prevention plans to recommend a widely used antibiotic, though not for everyone just yet. ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- United Airlines Will Buy 110 Planes From Airbus and BoeingThe airline, which is betting big on strong travel demand, said the new planes will expand its fleet and replace older planes. ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- Instacart will now accept payments via Medicare AdvantageThe delivery giant will now also accept payments viaMedicaid, other programs ..... Read More.8 hours ago
- Retailers still see positive effect from baking at homeSome see pandemic trend continuing to drive sales in the category ..... Read More.8 hours ago
- FDA authorizes Novavax’s updated COVID vaccineMany previously vaccinated Americans will be eligible to get Novavax for the first time. ..... Read More.8 hours ago
- Kroger launches Hispanic-inspired private label brand MercadoThe line consists of over 50 products ..... Read More.8 hours ago