Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Are parents prepared for holiday hangovers?Christmas parties are upon us, but how many parents think about how a hangover will affect their parenting? ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Florida Construction Worker Killed After Being Trapped Under Crane at MarinaAuthorities say a construction worker was killed and another worker injured when a crane toppled at a marina on Florida’s Gulf Coast. Other construction workers attempted to free the trapped employee Thursday when he became caught under the construction crane … ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- FEMA Extends North Carolina Deadline for Florence AidHome and business owners suffering damages from Hurricane Florence are getting a little more time to request federal government aid. Gov. Roy Cooper announced Thursday’s previous deadline to apply for Federal Emergency Management Agency grants or for low-interest small business … ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- Environmentalists Claim 11 Georgia Coal Plants Leaking ChemicalsA study by environmental groups says 11 coal powered plants in Georgia are leaking chemicals into ground water. The Atlanta Journal Constitution reported the Environmental Integrity Project and Earthjustice released the study Thursday that says 10 of the 11 plants … ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- Reuters Special Report: J&J Knew About Asbestos in Baby Powder for DecadesDarlene Coker knew she was dying. She just wanted to know why. She knew that her cancer, mesothelioma, arose in the delicate membrane surrounding her lungs and other organs. She knew it was as rare as it was deadly, a … ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- Fitch Sees U.S. P/C Insurers Reducing Investments in Hedge FundsU.S. property/casualty insurers’ investment position in other alternative investments as reported is concentrated within a few large insurers and is relatively stable as a percentage of invested assets for the last several years. Also, the attraction to alternative investments, including … ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- ‘Why I chose to have my leg amputated’Victoria Snell, who has a prosthetic limb, has just run a 5k race. She explains why she chose to have her leg amputated. ..... Read More.11 hours ago