Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Louisiana Accuses Alabama Agency, Owner of Fraudulent Marketing, SubmissionsThe Louisiana Department of Insurance (LDI) has issued a cease and desist order to a Birmingham, Ala., insurance agency, Senior Care Services LLC, alleging the company uses false or misrepresentative facts and information such as submitting fraudulent applications for insurance … ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Budweiser offers consumers free beer if they get vaccinated against COVID-19Consumers can enter now through May 15 to get a free round courtesy of the beer maker By Sarah D. Young of ConsumerAffairs April 16, 2021 Budweiser has announced that its offering free beer to consumers who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. On Thursday, the company posted a commercial called Reunited with Buds to YouTube. In the ad, which features the beer brands popular Clydesdales, Budweiser said consumers can get one of its beers for free if they show proof of vaccination at the website ABeerOnBud.com. Budweiser said consumers can show proof of vaccination in one of three ways: a photo of their "I Got Vaccinated" sticker; an uploaded photo of the "band aid" on their shot site; or an uploaded selfie showing that they were vaccinated at a vaccination location. U.S. residents can enter the giveaway now through May 15, or while supplies last. The giveaway excludes residents of… ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Coronavirus update: Will you need a vaccine booster shot? Drug companies decided not to work togethe...Cases are on the rise in 21 states By Mark Huffman of ConsumerAffairs April 16, 2021 Coronavirus (COVID-19) tally as compiled by Johns Hopkins University. (Previous numbers in parentheses.) Total U.S. confirmed cases: 31,499,477 (31,439,683) Total U.S. deaths: 565,318 (564,557) Total global cases: 139,264,407 (138,489,227) Total global deaths: 2,989,590 (2,976,972) Pfizer CEO thinks a vaccine booster may be necessary People fully vaccinated against the coronavirus (COVID-19) with the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine may need a third booster shot within 12 months. Appearing at a CVS Health event earlier this month, Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said that view is part of a growing consensus. A likely scenario is that there will be likely a need for a third dose, somewhere between six and 12 months and then from there, there will be an annual revaccination, but all of that needs to be confirmed. And again, the variants will play a key role,… ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- NICB Supporting Texas Bill Aimed at Curbing Catalytic Converter TheftsThe National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB), is urging Texas legislators to take steps to address the significant increase in catalytic converter thefts across the state. Texas is in the top five of states with the most catalytic converter thefts, the … ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Deaths in Vehicle Crashes Up 38% in South Dakota in 2020The number of traffic crash fatalities in South Dakota rose to 141 last year — an increase of 38% over the previous year. The South Dakota Department of Public Safety said in 2020, there were 132 crashes in which the … ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- South Texas Officials Worried About Flooding Due to Boarder Levee BreachesSouth Texas officials say they are worried about flooding during the hurricane season starting June 1 from breaches in a levee system that remain after border wall construction was halted. Hidalgo County Judge Richard Cortez told Border Report that there … ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Abry Partners Acquires Michigan’s High Street Insurance PartnersAbry Partners (Abry), a Boston-based private equity firm, has acquired High Street Insurance Partners (HSIP), a full-service insurance brokerage, located in Traverse City, Michigan. Abry is acquiring HSIP from Huron Capital (Huron), a Detroit-based lower middle-market private equity platform. HSIP … ..... Read More.5 hours ago