Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Here’s Soylent’s New Product. It’s Food.The Silicon Valley food-drink of choice is now a ‘complete nutrition platform.’ The beverage plot thickens. ..... Read More.15 hours ago
- Reviewers say the screen on the Samsung Galaxy Fold keeps breakingSamsung is promising a thorough inspection on its landmark $2,000 foldable phone By Amy Martyn of ConsumerAffairs April 18, 2019 Less than a week before the worlds first foldable tablet is scheduled to hit store shelves and retail for a cool $2,000, journalists who received the phone early for review say that the screen is already breaking. Tech reviewers from the Verge, Bloomberg, and CNBC are all reporting that the screen on the Samsung Galaxy Fold has cracked or broken after one day of use. The Verge noted that the other incidents seemed to be caused by people removing a protective layer on the screen that they did not realize was not supposed to be removed. But the Verge didnt remove the protective layer and still noticed a bulge protruding from the back of the phone after one day of use, causing distortion problems on the screen. Samsung released a… ..... Read More.16 hours ago
- Airline Warns of Measles After Flight Attendant Falls IllThe woman is in a coma after contracting the disease, and passengers on a flight from J.F.K. to Tel Aviv are told to watch for symptoms. ..... Read More.16 hours ago
- Flight attendant in coma after contracting measlesThe 43-year-old woman, who was seemingly healthy before getting measles, has now been in a coma for 10 days ..... Read More.16 hours ago
- Adding routine ultrasounds at the end of pregnancy yields multiple benefitsResearchers found it can improve health for mothers and their babies By Kristen Dalli of ConsumerAffairs April 18, 2019 Health is at the forefront of expectant mothers minds -- both their own and their babies. According to a new study, researchers have found a simple way to ensure expectant mothers are in good health in the later stages of pregnancy. Researchers have found that incorporating additional ultrasounds at 36 weeks of pregnancy can benefit a mother and her babys health, and potentially save money down the line. The added scan can prevent the need for an emergency C-section and also detect if a baby is breech, two conditions that typically arent detectable until a woman is at the hospital ready to give birth; either one could come with health complications. Safety first To see how added ultrasounds would be beneficial, the researchers performed them on nearly 4,000 women who were… ..... Read More.16 hours ago
- Study uncovers new links between vitamin D and immune system healthResearchers say levels of the vitamin could predict the likelihood of developing an autoimmune disease By Kristen Dalli of ConsumerAffairs April 18, 2019 Health experts have long lauded vitamin D as being beneficial to the body, causing many consumers to buy it up in huge amounts. Now, a new study has uncovered its effects on the immune system. According to researchers from the University of Edinburgh, vitamin D was found to be critical in influencing certain cells in the immune system, and it could explain why some people are susceptible to autoimmune diseases. Low vitamin D status has long [been] implicated as a significant risk factor for the development of several autoimmune diseases, said researcher Richard Mellanby. Our study reveals one way in which vitamin D metabolites can dramatically influence the immune system. Whats at risk To see how vitamin D affects the immune system, the researchers looked at cells… ..... Read More.16 hours ago
- Island Insurance in Hawaii Names Tanoue Vice President, General CounselIsland Insurance Company Ltd. in Hawaii has named Michael Tanoue vice president and general counsel. In this Tanoue is responsible for strategic initiatives, policy management, legal strategy, compliance and regulatory filings. He has nearly 35 years of legal experience, most … ..... Read More.17 hours ago