Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Chicago to Partner with Gallagher in Overhaul of City’s Workers’ Comp ProgramChicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot said the city will partner with Gallagher Bassett, an international public sector claims administrator, as well as Gallagher Global Brokerage Risk Program Administrators, to overhaul and professionalize Chicago’s workers’ compensation program after an independent audit … ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- Michigan’s High Street Insurance Names Tuitas Sr. Partner, CFOHigh Street Insurance Partners (High Street), a Michigan-based provider of commercial insurance, personal lines and employee benefits services, has appointed Dave Tuitas as senior partner and chief financial officer. Tuit joins a management team led by High Street executives Scott … ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- Overcoming Dearth of Data Remains Key to Cyber Insurance Underwriting, Say ExpertsWhile there are “huge opportunities” on the horizon for the cyber insurance industry, cyber insurance underwriters still face the challenge of not having enough historical data to work with. “It’s really scary to underwrite something when you just don’t know … ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- D&O Insurance Costs Soar as Investors Run to Court Over IPOsCompanies going public in the United States face insurance costs that have increased as much as 200% in the last three years to cover their executives against lawsuits alleging they misled investors. A rise in securities class-action cases involving initial … ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- Supreme Court Returns Gay Wedding, Religion Rights Case to StateThe U.S. Supreme Court ordered reconsideration of a $135,000 award against an Oregon bakery that refused to make a cake for a same-sex wedding in a case that revived a fractious debate over religious rights and equal treatment. After more … ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- Court Relieves Insurers of $65 Million Payment Linked to Stanford Ponzi SchemeA federal appeals court on Monday threw out a settlement requiring insurers to pay $65 million to a court-appointed receiver for companies once run by Allen Stanford, the Texas financier serving a 110-year prison term for running a large Ponzi … ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- Former Tenn. Insurance Head McPeak Joins Greenberg Traurig Law Firm in NashvilleFormer Tennessee Insurance Commissioner Julie Mix McPeak, who stepped down as the head of the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance Commissioner last month, will join the global law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A., in the firm’s Insurance Regulatory and Transactions … ..... Read More.7 hours ago