Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Coronavirus: What are social distancing and self-isolation?Everybody should be avoiding non-essential contact, and you should stay at home wherever possible. ..... Read More.13 hours ago
- Coronavirus NHS workers ‘told to close our eyes if patient coughs’There's huge anxiety in the NHS over coronavirus and the lack of protective equipment, Dr Guddi Singh says. ..... Read More.14 hours ago
- Coronavirus: Gove defends not joining EU ventilator schemeThe cabinet minister says that the UK has not been disadvantaged by the government's decision not to join. ..... Read More.15 hours ago
- Coronavirus: Things will get worse, PM warns in letter to BritonsWriting to all UK households, Boris Johnson says measures to combat coronavirus could get tougher. ..... Read More.1 day ago
- Washington Commissioner Asks Insurers to Extend Coverage to Delivery Drivers’ Personal V...Washington Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler is asking insurers doing business in the state to immediately extend automobile insurance coverage for personal delivery drivers to aid people temporarily assigned this duty during the COVID-19 pandemic. Kreidler said his office would expedite … ..... Read More.2 days ago
- Google Chrome hack generated fake update to compromise users’ devicesAntivirus developers are scrambling to find a fix, but Google is also offering assistance worried computer users By Gary Guthrie of ConsumerAffairs March 27, 2020 One would never think that an antivirus software company in Russia of all places would be coming to the rescue of the United States biggest tech company, Google. But believe it or not, its true. Virus analysts at Moscow-based Doctor Web found that cybercrooks had found an open backdoor in a recent Google Chrome update and were able to squeeze through that hole and ravage online news blogs and corporate pages that were built using WordPress content management system (CMS). If the victims fall for the trick and install the "updates," they'll actually be installing TeamViewer, a legitimate remote-desktop tool that gives the hackers real-time remote control of your computer, says Paul Wagenseil, a security expert at TomsGuide. They'll also install a script that makes… ..... Read More.2 days ago
- McDonald’s temporarily removes all-day breakfast from menusThe change is one of several the company has made to limit the spread of the coronavirus By Sarah D. Young of ConsumerAffairs March 27, 2020 In an effort to streamline operations in the midst of the coronavirus crisis, McDonalds is temporarily doing away with its all-day breakfast menu. The restaurant chain said its breakfast menu will be disappearing from menus over the next few weeks, but it will be brought back as soon as possible. To simplify operations in our kitchens and for our crew, and ensure the best possible experience for our customers, we are working with our franchisees and local restaurants to focus on serving our most popular choices and will begin temporarily removing some items from the menu over the next few weeks, Bill Garrett, the senior vice president of McDonalds U.S. operations, said in a statement. Garrett added that McDonalds will regularly evaluate the situation… ..... Read More.2 days ago