Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- What parents should know about dietary supplements for kids"A pill isn't going to make you do better on a test... A pill won't help you make the varsity team. Food will, exercise will, studying will." ..... Read More.15 hours ago
- Boeing 737 MAX panel will reportedly call for changes in FAA plane certification processThe panel will likely recommend ways to address deficiencies in the process By Sarah D. Young of ConsumerAffairs August 20, 2019 A panel created in the wake of the two deadly Boeing 737 MAX crashes is expected to recommend that the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) change the way it certifies new planes, CNN reports. The international panel, called the Joint Authorities Technical Review (JATR), is in the "final stages of completing their work, sources tell CNN. The team, which consists of both U.S. officials and representatives from aviation agencies from nine other countries, is expected to issue its report on the matter as early as next week. Preventing future problems Since the crashes, officials have been examining the FAA's processes with the goal of ensuring that problems similar to the one that caused two Boeing 737 aircraft to crash within a five month period dont happen again. All Boeing 737… ..... Read More.16 hours ago
- Vitamin D: Add ‘sunshine vitamin’ to flour, study saysOne in five UK adults doesn't get enough of the "sunshine vitamin", especially in winter. ..... Read More.17 hours ago
- Club Car recalls gas utility and transport vehiclesFuel can leak from an improperly-routed fuel line By James Limbach of ConsumerAffairs August 20, 2019 Club Car of Augusta, Ga., is recalling about 1,300 Club Car Gas Carryall 300, Transporter, Villager Vehicles, Streetrod Lux and Streetrod Vintage Vehicles sold in the U.S., and Canada. Under continuous operations with low speed idling periods and a full gas tank, the fuel vent can allow fuel to leak, posing a fire hazard. The firm has received two reports of fuel leaks. No injuries have been reported. This recall involves 2019 utility and transport vehicles, which vary in size, models and colors and are used for short-distance transportation. The recalled vehicles can be identified by the model and serial numbers. Serial numbers are above and to the right of the accelerator pedal. The model number is the first two letters of the serial number. Recalled models and serial numbers include: Model… ..... Read More.17 hours ago
- State attorneys general to reportedly launch antitrust probe into Big TechProbes from federal and state officials could be impactful for consumers By Gary Guthrie of ConsumerAffairs August 20, 2019 The big squeeze on Big Tech continues. A contingent of state attorneys general is perched to launch a joint antitrust investigation into Big Tech. In the wake of Congress showdown with the industry, the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reports that the AGs offensive could launch as soon as September. Despite the lack of a formal announcement from the National Association of Attorneys General, the WSJ noted that the groups bipartisan make-up gives the probe added moxie. That additional vigor could help shelter Republican officials from being quizzed about whether their actions are driven by political fears over how online platforms handle conservative speech. The attorneys general involved have concerns over the control of personal data by large tech companies and will hold them accountable for anticompetitive practices that endanger privacy and… ..... Read More.18 hours ago
- JLT’s Adams Joins Everest Insurance to Lead Its Bermuda OperationEverest Insurance said Kyle Adams has joined to lead the its Bermuda operations. In this role, Adams will focus on establishing and growing Everest’s Bermuda Insurance operations. Adams comes to Everest with 20 years of experience, including a decade operating … ..... Read More.18 hours ago
- Parade of Probes Underway to Pin Blame for Britain’s BlackoutThe lightning strike that triggered Britain’s biggest blackout in more than a decade has also spawned a flurry of investigations by groups ranging from the government to railway operators. National Grid Plc’s preliminary report published by the regulator Ofgem on … ..... Read More.18 hours ago