Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- What’s At Stake for Britain’s Economy as Voters Go to Polls Today?The two main parties in Britain’s election on Thursday offer contrasting plans on spending, tax, the role of the state, trade unions and Brexit. Below is a summary of the main economic policies of Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Conservative Party … ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- North Korean Hackers Found Partnering With Eastern European Cyber CriminalsNorth Korean state-backed hackers appear to be cooperating with Eastern European cybercriminals, a report said on Wednesday, a finding that suggests digital gangsters and state-backed spies are finding common ground online. Mountain View, California-based SentinelOne says that the Lazarus Group … ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Bronze 2019 Best Agency to Work For – East: Chalmers Insurance GroupSteven Cote initially entered the insurance business because of a neighbor, and now as president of Chalmers Insurance Group, he aims to ensure the agency always gives back to its neighboring communities. “Understanding the hard work, collaboration and innovative spirit … ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Drug that prevents half of breast cancers carries on workingAnastrozole is available already, but doctors say substantially more women should be taking it. ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Toyota recalls C-HRs, Corollas and Corolla HybridsCertain seat belts may not properly restrain an occupant in some crashes By James Limbach of ConsumerAffairs December 12, 2019 Toyota is recalling about 9,000 model year 2019- 2020 C-HRs, Corollas, and model year 2020 Corolla Hybrids. The recalled vehicles are equipped with rear seat belt assemblies that have two types of locking mechanisms. One of the locking mechanisms in certain seat belts may not have been assembled correctly, causing an occupant to not be restrained properly in certain crashes -- increasing the risk of injury. What to do Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear seat belt assemblies and replace any affected seat belt assembly with a new one free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in early February 2020. Owners may contact Toyota at (800) 331-4331. ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Court Rules Events After Email Instruction Don’t Erase Claim for Phishing LossA $1.7 million email phishing fraud that included phone calls with a fake lawyer and an intervention by a Wells Fargo fraud investigator is still a fraud and Ironshore Indemnity is liable for the claim, a split panel with the … ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- UAW employees approve a new contract with Fiat ChryslerThe FCA deal completes negotiations with the big three automakers By Mark Huffman of ConsumerAffairs December 12, 2019 United Auto Workers union members at Fiat Chrysler (FCA) have voted to accept a proposed contract with the company, concluding union negotiations with the big three U.S. automakers. FCA was the last to come to terms with the union in negotiations that were about as smooth as Ford experienced and a lot smoother than the negotiations with General Motors, which resulted in a 40-day strike. Every full-time production employee currently at FCA will be at top rate by the end of this four-year agreement, said Cindy Estrada, UAW vice president and director of the UAW FCA Department. All temporary workers now have a defined pathway to full time and top pay as well. The new contract, similar to those signed with Ford and GM, provides a pathway for temporary and full-time… ..... Read More.5 hours ago