Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Feds propose ban on infant inclined sleepers as reported death toll risesPediatricians have long urged parents not to use these products By Mark Huffman of ConsumerAffairs October 18, 2019 The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is proposing a new rule that would virtually eliminate the sale of inclined sleepers, an infant bed that allows babies to sleep at a 30-degree angle. The American Academy of Pediatrics emphatically states that babies should sleep on flat surfaces, and now theres mounting evidence that these inverted sleepers can be deadly. A study conducted for the CPSC found that babies have died in inclined sleepers despite pediatricians warnings over the years that the devices were not safe. The study suggests CPSC staff had failed to understand the risks and instead relied on assurances from industry sources that the devices were safe. Erin Mannen, assistant professor of orthopedic surgery at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, led the study and found that the design… ..... Read More.13 hours ago
- Green Beret uses theater to cope with the trauma of war"Last Out" is inspired by the 23 years one man spent in the Army. For him, writing the play was a form of therapy. ..... Read More.14 hours ago
- Toyota completes safety recall involving Takata airbag inflatorsMore than 900k vehicles are involved By James Limbach of ConsumerAffairs October 18, 2019 Toyota is conducting the final phase of the safety recall involving Takata airbag inflators. The recall involves approximately, 928,000 including: Model year 2003-2013 Corollas, Model year 2009-2010 Corolla Matrixs, Model year 2008-2012 Scion xBs, Model year 2002-2007 Sequoias, Model year 2011-2013 Siennas, Model year 2010-2016 4Runners, Model year 2004-2005 RAV4s, Model year 2003-2006 Tundras, Model year 2007-2012 Yaris, Model year 2007-2012 Year Lexus ES 350s, Model year 2010-2017 Lexus GX 460s, Model year 2006-2012 Lexus IS 250/IS 350s, Model year 2010-2015 Lexus IS 250C/IS 350Cs, Model year 2008-2009 Lexus IS Fs and Model year 2002-2010 Lexus SC 430s. The recalled vehicles were repaired under a previous Takata airbag inflator recall with non-desiccated phase stabilized ammonium nitrate front passenger or driver airbag inflators produced by Takata, because final remedy inflators were not yet available. This is… ..... Read More.14 hours ago
- Louisiana could become first state without access to abortionCBS News has learned Louisiana could become the first state in the country without access to abortion as soon as next year. The Supreme Court will consider a challenge to Louisiana's so-called Unsafe Abortion Protection Act. The decision could end abortion services at Louisiana's last remaining clinics. Kate Smith reports. ..... Read More.14 hours ago
- Louisiana could become the first state without an abortion clinic next yearLouisiana could become the first state not to have legal abortion access since the procedure was legalized in 1973 ..... Read More.15 hours ago
- Fat found in overweight people’s lungsThe findings could explain why being overweight or obese increases asthma risk, researchers say. ..... Read More.24 hours ago
- ‘Mumps’ outbreak among south Wales university studentsPublic Health Wales says it is investigating at least 28 suspected cases among students. ..... Read More.1 day ago