Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- How Green Is Your Cruise?As cruise companies head into their busiest season, they say they have ambitious plans to find cleaner sources of fuel. But critics say the progress is too slow. ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Fire Damages Commercial Buildings in Indiana TownA fire in downtown Columbus destroyed a commercial building containing offices and a photo studio and left three firefighters with minor injuries early Sunday. A passerby discovered the fire and called 911 around midnight. When firefighters arrived within minutes, they … ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- People Moves: Bailey Named Chair of Aon UK Ltd. Board; AXA XL Promotes Casby to Head of Upstream Ene...Bailey Named Chair of Aon UK Ltd. Board Aon plc, a leading global professional services firm, today announced that it has named Marshall Bailey as non-executive chair of the Aon UK Limited Board, effective Jan. 31, 2023. Bailey replaces Simon … ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Dr. Agus on the launch of new Paramount+ show “The Checkup: With Dr. David Agus”CBS News Medical Contributor Dr. David Agus joins “CBS Mornings” to discuss the launch of his new Paramount+ show "The Checkup: With Dr. David Agus." Some of the entertainment world's biggest celebrities sit down with Agus to share their own health struggles. ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Hospital closure leaves patients scrambling, owners collect millionsPrivate equity is piling into healthcare, snapping up everything from local doctors' offices, to specialty clinics, even hospices. A CBS News investigation looked at these deals and found the owners of one for-profit company made millions, before some of their community hospitals shut down, leaving patients scrambling for care. ..... Read More.6 hours ago
- End of restriction on gay blood donors to face key federal vote next yearA panel of federal health advisers will likely vote on a recommendation in the spring, potentially ending a controversial policy that's persisted for decades. ..... Read More.6 hours ago
- Number of smokers drops as vaping rises, data showsData shows 13.3% of people smoked cigarettes in 2021 - down from 20.2% in 2011, while 7.7% vaped. ..... Read More.7 hours ago