Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- White House and FedEx move to address baby formula shortagePresident Biden says the government is ready to provide further assistance if needed By Gary Guthrie of ConsumerAffairs May 27, 2022 The baby formula shortage is getting some much-needed relief thanks to the White House and FedEx. The assistance ispart of the Operation Fly Formula effort, a Biden administration initiative that isdesigned to get as much baby formula on store shelves as soon as possible. Its been a busy week for FedExs network of long-haul pilots and express truck drivers. On Sunday, the company delivered its first airlift of formula 114 pallets of Gerber Good Start Extensive HA that was flown in from Ramstein Air Base in Germany. On Wednesday, another FedEx plane flew from Germany with an additional 100,000 pounds or about1 million 8-ounce bottles of Gerber formula. The shipment was offloaded and moved onto FedEx Express trucks for transport to a Nestle distribution center in Pennsylvania. FedEx stated… ..... Read More.10 hours ago
- People’s Trust, Southern Fidelity Stop Writing New Business in FloridaTwo more property insurers, including two of Florida’s larger carriers, did not wait around to see what help the just-concluded special session of the Legislature may provide, and have stopped new business in the state. People’s Trust, once listed as … ..... Read More.10 hours ago
- Candy and snacks made with Jif peanut butter now being recalledAmericans urged not to eat an array of sandwiches, treats and snacks after salmonella sickens 16 people in 12 states. ..... Read More.10 hours ago
- Ford recalls model year 2022 Mustangs with forward-facing cameraThe forward-facing camera is misaligned By James Limbach of ConsumerAffairs May 27, 2022 Ford Motor Company is recalling 22 model year 2022 Mustangs with an Image Processing Module A (IPMA) or forward-facing camera. The camera is misaligned to the vehicleand not functioning as intended. A front-facing camera that is not functioning properly may restrict or disable certain features including Pre-Collision Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keeping System, Driver Alert, and Auto High Beam Control, increasing the risk of a crash. What to do Dealers will realign the front-facing camera free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed on May 30, 2022. Owners may contact Ford customer service at (866) 436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 22S34. ..... Read More.10 hours ago
- Consumers and producers are equally responsible for global packaging waste, researchers sayThe U.S. is one of the top three global suppliers of waste By Kristen Dalli of ConsumerAffairs May 27, 2022 A new study conducted by researchers from the University of Illinois College of Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences explored patterns related to plastic packaging waste around the world. Ultimately, they learned that both consumers and producers of goods are responsible for the burden of plastic waste that exists globally. We wanted to follow the plastic packaging waste embedded in the global supply chain, said researcher Sandy Dallerba. This work allows us to conclude that the problem is a responsibility shared between economic agents, from the producers and their intermediaries to the retail stores and their consumers. Food wrapping contributes to a lot of pollution For the study, the researchers analyzed data from the World Bank and EXIOBASE. The latter platform tracks plastic packaging waste around the world based on global… ..... Read More.10 hours ago
- Teen suicide: Risk factors, warning signs and preventionResources for teens and parents offering important information and support ..... Read More.11 hours ago
- Blaze Burns 3 Large Buildings in Alaska VillageFirefighters have contained a blaze in the southwest Alaska village of Kasigluk that burned three buildings, including a school building, according to the Alaska Division of Forestry. Air tankers and smokejumpers responded to the fire, which the division said Thursday … ..... Read More.11 hours ago