Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- $35-million Green Climate Fund grant to FAO will help address climate change impact on far...The five-year RECLIMA project seeks to strengthen resilience of smallholder farmers, who are often on the frontline of climate change impacts, by promoting climate adaptation measures such as the use of seeds tolerant to drought. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- FAO starts distribution of much-needed seeds and tools in cyclone-ravaged MozambiqueFarmers in areas left devastated by Tropical Cyclone Idai in Mozambique have started to receive much-needed agricultural inputs thanks to a joint effort by FAO and Mozambique’s Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security to assist farmers to plant in the impending secondary growing season. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- The Green Climate Fund allocates $25 million to support FAO climate resilience project in ...The five-year project aims to benefit 17 000 vulnerable families, including those from indigenous communities, who depend on forests for their livelihoods, energy and income, by supporting the government’s efforts to safeguard Paraguay's forests. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Sida, FAO and ECOWAS join forces to protect West Africa’s forestsThe Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) have joined forces to protect West Africa’s forests and help safeguard the livelihoods of millions of people who depend on them. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- Combatting all forms of malnutrition and promoting innovation in agriculture top FAO prior...FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva in an opening address today to the organization's executive, the Council, has stressed that FAO will focus over the next two years on promoting nutrition-sensitive food systems and innovation in agriculture. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- FAO guide outlines how to protect forests from invasive insectsTo facilitate adoption of classic biological control, FAO has published a guide that distills information in a clear and concise way to help forest managers in developing countries implement it successfully. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- FAO Food Price Index holds steadyThe FAO Food Price Index held broadly stable in March. FAO also released new figures on the world’s cereal production and inventory levels, reflecting major upward adjustments made on the back of China’s 2017 agricultural census. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago