Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Rockefeller Foundation, FAO supporting Africa to halve food lossFood that ‘disappears’ from the food chain after harvest owing to spoilage could feed an estimated 48 million people in Sub-Saharan Africa. A project by FAO, the African Union and the Rockefeller Foundation aims to help countries drastically reduce these post-harvest losses by 2030. ..... Read More.1 day ago
- Bee Vectoring Technologies Targets European Market with First Registration Submission for ...Bee Vectoring Technologies International, Inc (BVT) (TSXV:BEE) announced today that it has submitted registration documents in Switzerland for its proprietary active ingredient, Clonostachys rosea CR-7 for use against fungal diseases in production agriculture ..... Read More.1 day ago
- McCain trialing multi-species cover crop blend for rotation in the Canadian potato provinc...Soil organic matter has become a popular topic of discussion in the past year. In Ontario, a report from late 2016 indicated soil organic matter (SOM) levels in many parts of the province are at 15-year lows, coinciding with increasing interest in the use of cover crops, reduced- or no-till management and longer rotations in the past three to five years. On Prince Edward Island (PEI), the issue of low soil organic matter levels is also a concern. During the 2018 International Potato Technology Expo this past February, soil health was one of the topics for presentation and discussions, as much of a concern among industry stakeholders as it is for growers. ..... Read More.1 day ago
- Sensor solution: growers use irrigation platformA Quebec-based company may have a solution for Canadian producers who irrigate their crops. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- AgriProfit Program and New VideoKnowing your farm’s cost of production can help guide long-term business decisions. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- CanolaPALOOZAA reminder that next week is CanolaPALOOZA, a one-day agronomy event focusing on all things canola. Rick Taillieu is extension manager with the Alberta Canola producers Commission and he joins us on the line with all the details. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- Alberta Federation of Agriculture Summer Council MeetingThe Alberta Federation of Agriculture is hosting its Summer Council Meeting June 26 and 27 in Camrose. Humphrey Banack is a board member and he joins me on the line with the details. ..... Read More.2 days ago