Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- The biodiversity that is crucial for our food and agriculture is disappearing by the dayThe first-ever report of its kind presents mounting and worrying evidence that the biodiversity that underpins our food systems is disappearing - putting the future of our food, livelihoods, health and environment under severe threat. ..... Read More.1 day ago
- Increasing number of people face severe food shortages in South SudanNearly 7 million people in South Sudan could face acute food insecurity at the height of this lean season (May-July), three United Nations agencies warned today, urging for scaled-up humanitarian assistance and better access to humanitarian relief. ..... Read More.1 day ago
- Tackling food insecurity at the urban level – turning global commitments into local ...FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today urged cities around the world to redouble efforts to turn global commitments on food security, nutrition and climate change, into local realities. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- Right to healthy food should be a key dimension for Zero Hunger, says FAO DGThe right to food requires a new approach that encompasses a right to healthy diets, the UN Food and Agriculture Organization Director-General José Graziano da Silva has stressed during a lecture at UCLA Law School. ..... Read More.6 days ago
- FAO sounds alarm on Desert Locust outbreak in northeast Africa and Saudi Arabia triggered ...The UN agency called on all the affected countries to step up vigilance and control measures to contain the destructive infestations and protect crops from the world's most dangerous migratory pest. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Pope Francis calls for technological innovations to fight poverty and hungerPope Francis today called for advances in innovation and entrepreneurship to transform rural communities and eradicate malnutrition, stating that "science with conscience" was needed to help the world’s poor and hungry. He made the call at the inaugural ceremony of the 42nd IFAD Governing Council hosted at FAO. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- FAO and Saudi Arabia renew fruitful cooperationFAO and Saudi Arabia today agreed to renew their long-standing technical cooperation and to redouble joint efforts to implement the country’s Sustainable Rural Agricultural Development Programme (2019-2025). ..... Read More.1 week ago