Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Latin America and the Caribbean are “pillar for world food security”Addressing the Third Hemispheric Meeting of Ministers and Secretaries of Agriculture of the Americas, the Director-General hailed the region’s contribution to preventing the COVID-19 health crisis from becoming a food crisis. “Now you need to be the architects of recovery, a recovery with transformation." ..... Read More.9 hours ago
- Fight against fall armyworm: good progress, more efforts neededThe Director-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, QU Dongyu, today hailed progress in the fight against one of the most destructive pests jeopardizing food security across vast regions of the globe – while urging renewed drive and scaling up of efforts. ..... Read More.23 hours ago
- FAO and the African Union Commission launch a guide to help countries enter Africa’s new singl...The Framework for Boosting Intra-African Trade in Agricultural Commodities and Services is a blueprint for expanding agricultural trade between African countries and aims to unlock the potential of the agricultural sector to contribute to sustainable and inclusive growth for Africa. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- Food Coalition gains momentum as food security is featured on the G20 agendaWorsening hunger levels and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic called for a fresh approach and a strengthened commitment to global action ahead of the Group of 20 (G20) to prevent a food crisis, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the Italian Government. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- FAO Director-General QU Dongyu designates European Space Agency astronaut Thomas Pesquet FAO Goodwil...European Space Agency (ESA) astronaut Thomas Pesquet was named Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Goodwill Ambassador today, the International Day of Human Space Flight. ..... Read More.5 days ago
- Signs of hope in East Africa, as control campaign tames locust upsurgeIn this Q&A interview, FAO Senior Desert Locust Forecaster Keith Cressman and Cyril Ferrand, Manager of FAO’s Desert Locust response in East Africa, discuss progress made in containing the threat posed by the voracious pest in East Africa. ..... Read More.5 days ago
- FAO’s flagship Hand-In-Hand initiative aimed at eradicating poverty and hunger builds momentumFAO Director-General QU Dongyu launched the Hand-in-Hand (HIH) Initiative in late 2019 shortly after taking office at the helm of the Rome-based UN agency. ..... Read More.7 days ago