Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- FAO hails landmark UN resolution that enshrines rights of peasants and rural workersThe Declaration, which the General Assembly adopted on 17 December 2018, aims to protect the rights of all rural populations including peasants, agricultural and rural workers and indigenous peoples, while also recognizing their contribution to sustainable development and biodiversity and the challenges they face. ..... Read More.1 day ago
- FAO and WFO to help farmers drive global agricultural agendaThe World Farmers’ Organisation (WFO) and the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) today reaffirmed their commitment to help farmers become the drivers of the global agricultural agenda. ..... Read More.5 days ago
- FAO urges to scale up response to climate change in agricultural sectorsThe world must scale up the response to climate change, particularly in agricultural sectors, FAO Deputy Director-General Maria Helena Semedo said at the UN Climate Conference today. It will require investing in multi-sectoral policy design, implementation design, people, data, innovations and leadership. ..... Read More.6 days ago
- NASA and FAO launch next-generation geospatial toolSeeing both forests and trees is about to get easier, thanks to a new open-access tool developed by NASA and FAO, with support from the Google Earth Engine Team and the US Government’s SilvaCarbon Program - allowing anyone to track land-use and landscape changes anywhere. ..... Read More.7 days ago
- Unabated climate change will cause more conflict and hungerFAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today warned of increased conflict and hunger if climate change is left unabated. He made the remarks at the Nobel Peace Prize Forum 2018 panel discussion on how to solve the climate crisis, with 2007 Nobel Peace Prize laureate and former US Vice-President Al Gore. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- New report raises hopes for Mediterranean and Black Sea fisheriesAlthough the main commercial fish species in the Mediterranean and Black Sea are still over-fished, pressure has reduced over the past years, raising hopes – for the first time - for the recovery of fish stocks, according to new FAO-GFCM report launched today. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Progress on food security and nutrition stagnates in Europe and Central AsiaMore than 14 million adults, and some 4.7 million children in Europe and Central Asia suffer from severe food insecurity – as defined by the Food Insecurity Experience Scale (FIES) - the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations said in a report released today. ..... Read More.1 week ago