Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- PETER RABBIT™ teams up with the United Nations, FAO and the UN Foundation on Global campaign to mo...Joining forces with the United Nations (UN) and FAO to enlist more food heroes, Sony Pictures’ PETER RABBIT 2: THE RUNAWAY will have its characters join the awareness-raising campaign that asks us all to be food heroes. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- Global food trade is buoyant, as are pricesGlobal food trade is poised for a resilient year ahead even as international food commodity prices are set to remain high amid supply and demand uncertainties, according to FAO's Food Outlook, released today. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- UN agencies concerned by looming famine in northern Ethiopia, call for urgent life-saving action to ...The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and UNICEF call for urgent action to address the dramatic acute food insecurity in northern Ethiopia. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- Child labour in agriculture is on the rise again, with further deterioration foreseen due to COVID-1...The plea was made by the FAO Director General QU Dongyu at a 109th International Labour Conference high-level event, co-organised by UNICEF, and the International Labour Organization (ILO) to mark World Day Against Child Labour on 12 June. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- New G20 Garden plants green future in Rome’s ancient heartEvocatively sited in the Parco dell'Appia Antica - an archeologically rich expanse connecting modern Rome to its sylvan past - the space features installations showcasing the "Global Goals," a set of interconnected policy benchmarks that include ending poverty, eradicating hunger and creating sustainable cities. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- Off-farm activities are a growing share of food-system greenhouse gas emissionsA new FAO report, published in Environmental Resource Letters, “Greenhouse Gas Emissions from the Food System: Building the Evidence Base”, estimates that food-system emissions amounted to 16 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide or equivalents (CO2eq) in 2018, an 8 percent increase since 1990. ..... Read More.6 days ago
- Ambitious $104 million program targets land degradation in Africa and Central Asian countriesFunded by the Global Environment Facility and led by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the Sustainable Forest Management Impact Program on Dryland Sustainable Landscapes helps pave the way for initiatives linked to the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration. The Program will be implemented in partnership with the International Union for the Conservation of Nature, the World Bank, and the World Wildlife Fund. ..... Read More.6 days ago