Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Need for transformational change to address food security, agriculture and forestry togeth...FAO Director-General QU Dongyu today called for a transformational change aimed at addressing food security, agriculture and forestry together - through a holistic approach. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- South-South and Triangular Cooperation: a “game changer” for world’s mos...This was the message from FAO Director-General, QU Dongyu, when he spoke to the High-Level Forum on South-South Cooperation at the 25th Session of the Conference of Parties (COP25) in Madrid on Wednesday. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- Nature-based solutions to climate change must be scaled up across food systemsHe made his remarks on Wednesday at a special event "Accelerating Action on Nature-Based Solutions Together in 2020" on the sidelines of the UN Climate Change Conference COP25. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- Greater innovation needed to fight climate change, poverty and hungerFAO Director-General QU Dongyu called for greater agricultural innovation to tackle the risks of climate change and reach the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). ..... Read More.3 days ago
- FAO Director-General kicks off International Mountain DayYouth are driving the world’s climate agenda and can help on all fronts, including bolstering mountain ecosystems, FAO Director-General QU Dongyu said today in remarks opening International Mountain Day. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- Three million undernourished people in Asia-Pacific need to be lifted out of hunger every ...Three million undernourished people in Asia and the Pacific must be lifted out of hunger each month from now on, if the region is to meet the SDG 2 Zero Hunger goal by the end of 2030, says a new report released today by four United Nations agencies. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- Innovative solutions needed in agriculture to respond to climate changeFAO Director-General, QU Dongyu, said today innovation was vital to build resilience and competitiveness in agriculture and to meet the urgent challenges presented by climate change. ..... Read More.4 days ago