Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- World Environment Day 2020: Healthy ecosystems are fundamental for preventing global disea...A better understanding of the role of ecosystems and biodiversity in addressing diseases and other threats to people’s lives, health, and livelihoods will enable us to overcome the COVID-19 challenges and prevent the re-emergence of such devastating outbreaks in the future. This was the key take-away from the virtual celebration of World Environment Day 2020, organized by FAO today. ..... Read More.1 day ago
- Why has COVID-19 turned into a structural crisis in the Pacific?Eriko Hibi, FAO Sub-Regional Coordinator for the Pacific and Representative to thirteen Pacific States discusses COVID-19 pandemic’s impact in the Pacific, and plans to rebuild. ..... Read More.1 day ago
- Thirty countries will benefit as Global Environment Facility funds FAO-led projectsAll projects were climate-proofed and will be executed in partnership with and co-financed by the governments of Albania, Algeria, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Georgia, Guinea, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Madagascar, Mauritania, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Nicaragua, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Tuvalu, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, and Yemen. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- FAO Food Price Index falls to 17-month lowThe FAO Food Price Index, which tracks international prices of the most commonly-traded food commodities, averaged 162.5 points in May, 1.9 percent below the previous month and marking its lowest reading since December 2018. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- FAO Director-General appeals to donors to scale up response and ease plight of farmers and...The Director-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, QU Dongyu, has appealed to donors for $100 million in urgent aid to ease the plight of desperate farmers, herders, fishers and their families in Yemen. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- FAO, GAIN and Johns Hopkins Alliance for a Healthier World launch new online dashboard to ...The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition, and The Johns Hopkins Alliance for a Healthier World today launched a new easy-to-navigate online tool designed to help decision makers understand their food systems, identify their levers of change, and decide which ones to pull. ..... Read More.5 days ago
- Using innovation to deliver in Somalia despite COVID-19FAO Representative in Somalia Etienne Peterschmitt discusses COVID-19 and its impacts on vulnerable groups and the UN agency’s work. ..... Read More.1 week ago