Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Consensus, partnerships and teamwork propel FAO to futureA new spirit of consensus, the embracing of partnerships and a new cross-disciplinary teamwork approach to tackling food security challenges are now hallmarks of how the Food and Organization operates, outgoing Director-General Jose Graziano da Silva said at the opening of the UN agency’s biennial conference. ..... Read More.9 hours ago
- Graça Machel calls for disrupting the agricultural sector to achieve Zero HungerConsidering the challenges of migration, the scourge of hunger and malnutrition, and the lack of investment in rural development, there is an immediate need to “change the way we do business”, scale up hunger-ending initiatives, and “disrupt the agricultural sector as whole”. This was Graça Machel’s message to participants at the opening of the 41st Session of the FAO Conference on the challenges and opportunities of reaching Zero Hunger. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- Qu Dongyu of China elected FAO Director-GeneralQu Dongyu of China was elected Director-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) today. Qu Dongyu received a total of 108 votes out of 191 cast, constituting a majority in the first round. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- New Multi-Partner Trust Fund launched to combat Antimicrobial Resistance globallyThe Tripartite – a joint effort by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the World Animal Health Organisation (OIE) and the World Health Organization (WHO), launched the AMR Multi Partner Trust, which is being supported with an initial $5 million from the Government of the Netherlands. ..... Read More.5 days ago
- FAO accelerates global efforts towards lifting rural people out of extreme povertyFAO today launched a new Corporate Framework on Rural Extreme Poverty to accelerate the UN agency’s and its partners’ efforts towards eradicating extreme poverty for all people by 2030 - target 1.1 of Sustainable Development Goal 1 – end poverty ..... Read More.6 days ago
- Unlocking the potential of agricultural innovation to improve farmers’ resilience to dro...On World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought, FAO Director-General emphasized that in order to cope with droughts and to reverse desertification, in addition to geospatial technologies, farmers can also benefit from very simple solutions. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- European Union supports recovery of agricultural livelihoods in northern IraqFarming families in northern Iraq’s Nineveh Governorate will benefit from a European Union contribution of €15 million to FAO to recover agricultural livelihoods. The area, which includes the city of Mosul, was known as the country’s ‘breadbasket’ before conflict caused widespread damage and displacement. ..... Read More.1 week ago