Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Hunger threatens over half of the population in South SudanSome 6.5 million people in South Sudan – more than half of the population - could be in acute food insecurity at the height of this hunger season (May-July), three United Nations agencies warned today. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- Italy and FAO highlight the importance of the Mediterranean diet for the sustainable manag...The Mediterranean diet is not only healthy for humans, but also for the environment and for biodiversity. This was the main message at an event held today at FAO headquarters with the aim of raising awareness on how the Mediterranean diet can help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Cooperation models for transforming the agricultural sectorThe path to reducing unacceptable hunger levels “lies in our ability to transform the agricultural sector”, FAO Director-General QU Dongyu said today at at “Targeting Hunger: South-South and Triangular cooperation for Transforming Agriculture”, an interactive dialogue held at the United Nations headquarters. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- FAO Director-General says greater action needed to avert a humanitarian crisis as Desert L...FAO Director-General QU Dongyu said today greater and faster action was needed to prevent a humanitarian crisis in East Africa as the Desert Locust upsurge was now affecting seven countries and threatened to spread even further. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- “Team effort” is high road to achieving the Sustainable Development GoalsAchieving the Sustainable Development Goals is a “team effort”, FAO Director-General QU Dongyu said today as he welcomed the 43rd Governing Council of the International Fund for Agricultural Development. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- FAO highlights role of pulses in fighting hunger and achieving healthy diets for allFAO Director-General QU Dongyu today highlighted pulses’ crucial role in addressing food insecurity and achieving healthy and balanced diets for all. He made the remarks at a special ceremony at FAO Headquarters in Rome, in which FAO observed World Pulses Day. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- FAO hails first contribution to promoting digital agriculture through knowledge-sharingChina’s Development Plan for Digital Agriculture and Rural Areas (2019-2025) has bene made available on FAO’s e-agriculture website, in English and Chinese. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago