Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Ministers from Near East and North Africa commit to strengthen collaboration on food and agricultureMinisterial declaration adopted by FAO Regional Conference endorses FAO’s COVID-19 Response and Recovery Programme and Hand-in-Hand Initiative to help transform food systems ..... Read More.14 hours ago
- High-level roundtable calls for strengthened collaboration in the Near East and North AfricaMinisters and other representatives of FAO Members in the Near East and North Africa region shared today their concerns and priorities over how to respond to the COVID-19 disruptions and accelerate progress towards sustainable food systems, in a high-level roundtable during the FAO Regional Conference. ..... Read More.15 hours ago
- Near East and North Africa countries discuss responses to COVID-19 and how to transform food systems...FAO Director-General highlights COVID-19 Response and Recovery Programme and calls for enabling multi-sectoral policies, innovation, well targeted investments, and vital agricultural activity ..... Read More.2 days ago
- FAO launches Green Cities Initiative to help transform agri-food systems, end hunger and improve nut...The new initiative aims to improve the livelihoods and well-being of urban and peri-urban populations in at least 100 cities (15 metropolitan, 40 intermediary and 45 small cities) around the world in the next three years. ..... Read More.5 days ago
- Urgent action needed to avert the risk of famine in Burkina Faso, South Sudan and Yemen, FAO Directo...Worldwide, those hardest hit include the urban poor, informal workers and pastoral communities as well as people who are already particularly vulnerable - children, women, the elderly, the sick and people with disabilities," the FAO Director-General said. ..... Read More.6 days ago
- Google and FAO launch new Big Data tool for allAnyone anywhere can access multidimensional maps and statistics showing key climate and environmental trends wherever they are, thanks to a new tool developed by Google and FAO. Earth Map launched today. ..... Read More.6 days ago
- FAO report on food and agriculture indicators underscores lack of progress in achieving the Sustaina...The world was already off track to meet the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030 and the COVID-19 pandemic has made it even harder both to achieve the Goals and to monitor progress where it is being made, according to FAO's new report, “Tracking progress on food and agriculture-related SDG indicators 2020”. ..... Read More.1 week ago