Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- FAO report cites 41 countries needing external assistance for foodSome 41 countries, including 31 in Africa, are in need of external assistance for food, with conflict and adverse weather conditions - particularly rainfall shortages in Africa - acutely affecting food availability and access, according to FAO's latest Crop Prospects and Food Situation report. ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- Italy and FAO advance awareness on the benefits of Mediterranean dietAccess for all to healthy diets such as the Mediterranean diet is critical for achieving the Agenda 2030, and such diets must be protected and promoted. That was the main message at an event today organized by the Government of Italy with support from FAO aimed at deepening understanding of the Mediterranean diet and raising awareness on how it can help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- United Arab Emirates and FAO team up to boost resilience in LiberiaThe United Arab Emirates have agreed to provide $4 million in funding to foster rural development in Liberia in partnership with FAO. The contribution, agreed earlier this week, comes from the UAE’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, aims to support 1 500 rural women in three counties. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- World food prices dip in AugustThe FAO Food Price Index, which tracks monthly changes in the international prices of commonly traded food commodities, averaged 169.8 points in August 2019, down 1.1 percent from July while still up 1.1 percent from its August 2018 level. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- Rains improve harvests in Syria but families still struggle to surviveFavourable rains in Syria’s agricultural areas, coupled with improved overall security, have boosted harvests compared to last year, but higher food prices are putting more strain on many Syrians, a new United Nations report has found. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- Mechanization powers the way to Africa’s sustainable developmentAgriculture is crucial to Africa’s development but needs increased mechanization to boost economic productivity, reduce harvest and post-harvest losses and meet growing demand for food. This is one of the messages that has emerged during the seventh Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD7). ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- UNIDO-FAO to promote green opportunities to accelerate youth employment in Africa’s agri...On the sidelines of the seventh Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD7), UNIDO, FAO and the African Union launched the Flagship Initiative to Accelerate Youth Employment in Agriculture and Agribusiness in Africa. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago