Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Markets Lap Up News Crumbs from #FJTour17Information-starved grain markets are quickly digesting and reacting to news from the 2017 Farm Journal Midwest Crop Tour. ..... Read More.44 mins ago
- Scout says Markets could be Surprised by Corn Yield ResultsScouts on the eastern leg of the Farm Journal Midwest Crop Tour are rumbling their way to Spencer, Iowa, this evening. Along the way, what’s stood out to Chip Nellinger, with Blue Reef Agri-Marketing, is that ear counts have been way down, especially along the border of Iowa and Illinois. “They’re good-looking ears, just not enough in the field,” Nellinger told Mike Adams, AgriTalk Host, earlier today. What does that mean to Nellinger’s corn yield outlook? “The market is kind of thinking we’ll end in the 166- to 168 bu. area, but in my mind it wouldn’t be a big stretch to come in well under that which would shock the market,” he says. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Northwest Iowa Farmers Battle Down Corn, Lodged SoybeansOn the western leg of the Farm Journal Midwest Crop Tour scouts ran into some apparent weather woes in northwest Iowa corn and soybean fields. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Crop Tour’s Good, Bad and UnforgettableWhat Crop Tour years cling tightest to Chip Flory’s memory? Good, bad and unforgettable, Flory knows there is a meticulous method to the madness of Crop Tour. ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Could Corn, Soybean Yields Be Low Enough To Help Prices?As Farm Journal’s Midwest Crop Tour makes its way across Illinois on Wednesday, scouts are beginning to wonder if yields could be low enough to boost prices. ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Illinois Corn Yield Could Fall Short of NormalAs Farm Journal Midwest Crop Tour scouts make their way farther into Illinois they’re seeing crop stress, but far less than what they saw the past two days. Compared to Indiana and Ohio, Illinois is in pretty good shape, but yield still might fall short of a normal year. ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Scouts See Better Than Expected Crops in IowaThe western leg of the Farm Journal Midwest Crop Tour is spending the majority of their day going east and west. The day began in Crop District 1 in Iowa with hopes of being in Crop District 2 by the end of the day. ..... Read More.4 hours ago