Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- A battle plan for insuring global food supplies during the COVID-19 crisisThe COVID-19 pandemic has put the world on a crisis footing. Success will entail coherent and robust plans for our food systems. FAO Chief Economist Maximo Torero Cullen outlines a framework for how countries can think about and craft these plans. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- FAO Director-General urges G20 to ensure that food value chains are not disrupted during C...The Director-General of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), QU Dongyu, today urged leaders from the G20 countries to take measures for global food systems to continue to work well, particularly in relation to access to food for the world's poor and most vulnerable during the COVID-19 pandemic. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- FAO hand in hand with Italy in the fight against COVID-19FAO is illuminating its headquarters in Rome with the green-white-red colours of the Italian “Tricolore” flag, as a sign of solidarity with its host country as it grapples with the Covid-19 pandemic. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- UN fast tracks $10 million loan to help scale up FAO action to fight Desert LocustsFAO is further scaling up its activities to fight the Desert Locust upsurge in East Africa thanks to a $10 million loan approved this week by the United Nations' Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF). ..... Read More.1 week ago
- FAO leads the way to clearer peatland mapping and monitoringTo help member states on this complex task, FAO today launched Peatland mapping and monitoring, a practical publication about peatlands and recommendations on how to manage these special ecosystems. The joint work of 35 expert authors from 14 countries highlights experiences from tropical and temperate region. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- Green Climate Fund approves a $119 million climate resilient project for CubaThe Board of the Green Climate Fund today approved a $119 million disbursement for a FAO co-designed project to boost the resilience to climate change of vulnerable rural communities in Cuba. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Traditional farming system in Brazil added to global agricultural heritage listA traditional farming system in the Southern Espinhaço Mountain Range of the Minas Gerais State in Brazil has been recognized as Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS). It is the first time a Brazilian site has won the GIAHS recognition. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago