Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- As more go hungry and malnutrition persists, achieving Zero Hunger by 2030 in doubt, UN re...Securing healthy diets for the billions who cannot afford them would save trillions in costs ..... Read More.1 day ago
- AALP Class 18 extended four to six months due to COVIDThe Advanced Agricultural Leadership Program (AALP) curriculum is renowned for its interactive participant seminars, study tours and exposure to world-wide networks. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- Supporting food security in Québec City regionThe Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, announced funding of $27,900 shared between ten organizations in the Québec City area. This funding was made available under the Food Policy for Canada`s Local Food Infrastructure Fund emergency funding, and distributed via partners at the Breakfast Club of Canada. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- Emergency Response: The Governments of Canada and Quebec Join Forces to Help Quebec Fish F...The Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, André Lamontagne, the Minister of Forests, Wildlife and Parks, Pierre Dufour, as well as the federal Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, the Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, are announcing that the Government of Canada and the Government of Quebec will join forces to financially support Quebec fish farmers in the exceptional context created by COVID-19. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- Canada and Ontario Supporting Farmers through Enhanced Insurance ProtectionGovernments increase support for eligible farmers experiencing labour challenges during COVID-19 ..... Read More.3 days ago
- KAP Welcomes MELT Deferral Extension For Class 1 Ag DriversKeystone Agricultural Producers (KAP) has issued the following statement concerning mandatory entry-level training (MELT): On June 26, the provincial government approved a six-month extension of the deferral of mandatory entry-level training (MELT) for Class 1 truck drivers in the agriculture sector, due to the impacts of COVID-19 on driver’s testing and to allow for completion of the requirements after harvest season. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- Manitoba Farmers Continue To Support Canadian Foodgrains BankClose to 40 grow projects are underway this year in Manitoba for the Canadian Foodgrains Bank. Regional Rep Gordon Janzen says overall the crops are looking good. ..... Read More.3 days ago