Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- FAO urges G20 to support farmers, protect the vulnerable and invest in innovationSpeaking at the G20 Leaders' Summit hosted virtually by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qu Dongyu acknowledged the concrete efforts made so far by G20 members to keep food supply chains alive and food trade flowing amid the pandemic, and encouraged countries to continue using trade "to boost farmers' productivity, income and sustainability." ..... Read More.3 days ago
- World leaders join forces to fight the accelerating crisis of antimicrobial resistanceThe heads of the the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE), and the World Health Organization (WHO) today launched the new One Health Global Leaders Group on Antimicrobial Resistance. ..... Read More.5 days ago
- New partnership to boost bamboo and rattan’s contribution to sustainable developmentA new five-year partnership signed today between the International Bamboo and Rattan Organization (INBAR)and FAO aims to scale up the possibilities of bamboo and rattan to reduce rural poverty and increase carbon sequestration. ..... Read More.6 days ago
- Drug-resistant infections threaten to become next pandemicThis World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (18-24 November), the Organization highlights that everyone has a role to play to combat AMR, including stakeholders across the food and agriculture sectors, and rolls out recommendations to curb the spread of AMR. ..... Read More.7 days ago
- Global Climate Fund approves $160 million to support FAO-led projectsFAO has helped Argentina, Guatemala and Sudan obtain $82 million, $66.6 million and $10 million respectively to combat deforestation and boost resilience of the vulnerable communities to climate change. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- FAO’s Food Outlook: Developing countries buoy global food tradeGlobal trade in food products has proven remarkably resilient during the pandemic, with developing countries even managing to increase export revenues, according to FAO's new Food Outlook. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- FAO calls for making agri-food systems and green spaces part of urban plansThe Director-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), QU Dongyu, today called on local governments to make agri-food systems and green spaces part of their plans, policies and actions to make cities more sustainable and inclusive, as well as to create jobs and promote youth engagement, built on a “green industry, a green environment, green products and a green way of lifestyle,” he said. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago