Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Fall Armyworm likely to spread from India to other parts of Asia with South East Asia and ...Fall Armyworm could threaten the food security and livelihoods of millions of small-scale farmers in Asia as the invasive crop-eating pest is highly likely to spread further from India, with South East Asia and South China most at risk, FAO warned today. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- Healthy soils are essential to achieve Zero Hunger, peace and prosperityGraziano da Silva stressed the importance of sustainable soil management as an "essential part of the Zero Hunger equation" in a world where more than 815 million people are suffering from hunger and malnutrition. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- A violet chair to give indigenous women a seat at the tableFAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva has urged countries to unite behind a campaign to promote indigenous women’s rights and encourage their participation in policy discussions to achieve the Sustainable Development Goal of Zero Hunger. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Helping farmers helps peaceFAO's new corporate framework (Corporate Framework to support sustainable peace in the context of Agenda 2030) allowing the agency to transform its engagements in conflict-affected situations into strategic and evidence-based approaches geared to supporting sustainable peace, is now operational. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- FAO Food Price Index posts sharp drop in JulyGlobal agricultural food commodity prices fell sharply in July, as all the major traded items posted notable declines, led by dairy and sugar. The FAO Food Price Index averaged 168.8 points, 3.7 percent below their June level, the biggest monthly drop since late last year. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- FAO sounds alarm on overlooked emergencies where humanitarian aid is urgently neededWithout adequate funding, new challenges such as droughts, floods, lean seasons or conflicts in crisis-affected countries could push millions of people into acute hunger and food insecurity, jeopardizing their well-being, lives and future, FAO warned in a new report published today. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- Acting early to prevent humanitarian emergenciesIntervening early in countries predicted to be hit by natural disasters can prevent threats from becoming humanitarian emergencies, or can mitigate their impacts, according to a new report released by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)today. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago