Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- G20 Agriculture Ministers: Agri-food systems are key to reducing inequalities, says FAO Director-Gen...Leaders of the G20 countries must continue to support the smooth functioning of global agri-food systems, which faces ongoing challenges from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, FAO Director-General QU Dongyu said in remarks opening the G20 Agriculture Ministers’ Meeting in Florence, Italy. ..... Read More.8 hours ago
- Voices of the Global South for cooperation towards agrifood systems transformationHosted by FAO, this year’s celebration focused on making voices from the Global South heard on their challenges, approaches and plans for agri-food systems transformation. ..... Read More.19 hours ago
- New educational itinerary on the Sustainable Development Goals launched at Rome’s G20 GardenThe Director-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, QU Dongyu, and Italian Minister of Education, Patrizio Bianchi, today inaugurated a new educational itinerary on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the G20 Green Garden in Rome. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- FAO ready to follow up on the UN Food System Summit and transform Agri-Food Systems TogetherQU Dongyu, Director-General, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations ..... Read More.3 days ago
- UN report calls for repurposing of $470 billion of agricultural support that distorts prices and ste...A multi-billion-dollar opportunity: Repurposing agricultural support to transform food systems, launched by FAO, UNDP and UNEP finds that 87 percent of public agricultural producer supports, or $470 billion, is price distorting and environmentally and socially harmful. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- Afghanistan: FAO appeals for $36 million to urgently save rural livelihoods and avoid massive displa...Director-General QU Dongyu stresses that time is of the essence in address to UN High-level Ministerial Meeting on the Humanitarian Situation in Afghanistan ..... Read More.5 days ago
- FAO calls for a greater focus on heading off food crises before they strikeActing before shocks hit, instead of after disaster unfolds, is a more cost-effective humani-tarian approach, agency tells UN General Assembly event ..... Read More.1 week ago