Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Global food prices rise in JulyThe Food and Agriculture Organization’s Food Price Index averaged 94.2 points in July, a 1.2 percent increase from June and nearly 1.0 percent higher than July 2019. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- FAO-led global COVID-19 Food Coalition gains momentumThe initiative, launched by the Government of Italy and led by FAO, is gaining momentum, as more countries are joining the initiative in an effort to tackle medium and long-term adverse impacts of the current pandemic on food systems and agriculture. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- IKEA Foundation contributes $3.5 million to support FAO’s work with refugees and hos...Many of the refugees have been present in the countries for long periods of time; some have fled past conflicts in neighboring countries such as Somalia, South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Burundi, Rwanda, and Eritrea, but others have been forced from their homes by famine or environmental events such as droughts and floods. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- FAO unveils platform to help accelerate action on reducing food loss and wasteThe Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) today unveiled a comprehensive platform to help the global community step up action to reduce food loss and waste as the UN agency and partners call for increased efforts and gear up for the International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste – to be marked for the first time on 29 September 2020. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- Kenya beats back desert locust upsurge for now, but East Africa remains at riskQ&A with Cyril Ferrand, FAO’s Resilience Team Leader for East Africa ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- FAO and Russian Federation sign Contribution Agreement to ramp up fight against desert loc...The $10 million agreement was signed today by FAO Deputy Director-General Beth Bechdol and Ambassador and Permanent Representative of the Russian Federation to the Rome-based UN Agencies Victor Vasiliev during a virtual ceremony. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- United Kingdom supports FAO’s desert locust-fighting efforts with £ 17 million cont...The funds come via the United Kingdom's Department for International Development (DFID) and are in addition to a previous contribution of £ 8 million donated earlier this year for the desert locust appeal. The contribution from the United Kingdom will scale up ongoing efforts in East Africa, Yemen and Southwest Asia. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago