Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- New global atlas on using advanced technology to monitor fishing activityA new global atlas – the first-ever of its kind – analyses the opportunities and challenges of using Automatic Identification Systems (AIS) to monitor fishing activity around the globe. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- Increased support for Afghan farmers hit by conflict and natural disastersThe Afghanistan Humanitarian Fund (AHF) has contributed $9.5 million to an FAO-led project that aims to boost the resilience of farmers affected by conflict and natural disasters in 16 of Afghanistan's most food insecure provinces, the two partners announced today. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- FAO and Italy’s National Research Council strengthen iMarine tiesFAO and Italy’s National Research Council (CNR) have agreed to intensify their collaboration in iMarine, a cloud-based community platform to help improve fisheries management ..... Read More.2 days ago
- Need for new vision for fisheries amidst growing concerns over state of oceansFisheries are facing an important crossroad and the world needs a new vision for fisheries in the 21st century. This was FAO-Director General Qu Dongyu’s main message today at the opening of the UN agency’s International Symposium on Fisheries Sustainability. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- New tool to help local crop varieties flourishWith the aim of assuring crop diversity and farmers’ resilience, FAO today published the Voluntary Guidelines for the Conservation and Sustainable Use of Farmers Varieties/Landraces, which advises countries on how to develop national plans to conserve these critical resources. ..... Read More.7 days ago
- Green Climate Fund approves programmes to fight climate change in Chile, Kyrgyzstan and Ne...The Board of the Green Climate Fund (GCF) today approved $161 million in funding to support climate resilient projects in Chile, Kyrgyzstan and Nepal. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- United Nations calls for urgent action to curb the rise in hunger and obesity in Latin Ame...The prevalence of adult obesity in Latin America and the Caribbean has tripled since 1975, affecting one in four adults in a region where hunger has grown once again, reaching 42.5 million people, according to a new United Nations report issued today, the Panorama of Food and Nutritional Security 2019. ..... Read More.1 week ago