Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- UN agencies warn that COVID-19 and worsening inequalities will fuel malnutrition for billions in Asi...The report ‘Asia and the Pacific Regional Overview of Food Security and Nutrition 2020: Maternal and Child Diets at the Heart of Improving Nutrition' is jointly published by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, the United Nations Children's Fund, the World Food Programme and the World Health Organization. ..... Read More.1 day ago
- Innovation to counter food supply-chain disruptions and spur recoveryInnovative solutions in agri-food systems helped contain disruptions in food supply chains during the COVID-19 pandemic, and more of both will be required as the crisis continues and the work of recovery begins to “build back better and build back greener”, FAO’s Director-General QU Dongyu said today. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- East Africa’s locust “air force” could be grounded, as another wave of the scourge...A locust fighting force assembled by countries in East Africa to combat an invasion of the crop-devouring pest is at risk of seeing its activities grind to a halt as funding to sustain its operations dries up, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) warned today. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- Eradication of Peste des petits ruminants disease in sightGlobally, the number of outbreaks of Peste des petits ruminants (PPR), also known as sheep and goat plague, fell by two-thirds in recent years, showing the commitment of the international community to combatting this highly contagious animal disease and raising hopes for meeting the goal of global eradication by 2030. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- One Planet – FAO’s work on biodiversity, One Health and climateMaria Helena Semedo, FAO Deputy-Director General, explains FAO’s work on biodiversity, and on protecting our planet, including combating climate change. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Small towns are bigger than we thinkSmall cities and towns and the rural areas they influence –defined as their catchment areas– play an outsized role in the way people pursue their livelihoods, says “Global mapping of urban-rural catchment areas reveals unequal access to services”, a new FAO paper published by PNAS. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- FAO Director-General stresses crucial role of biodiversity in combating zoonotic diseasesThe Director-General welcomed the establishment by France and Germany of a High Expert Council on One Health and the PREZODE initiative, saying it embodies a “global collaborative approach that could play a leading role in the science that drives our decisions and actions at every level.” ..... Read More.1 week ago