Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Empowering women and girls is crucial to ensure sustainable food security in the aftermath of COVID-...The event, co-organised by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the World Food Programme (WFP), will focus global attention on the vital role that empowered female farmers, entrepreneurs and leaders need to play so that women can contribute on equal terms to the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, and in creating an environment to eliminate poverty, enhance productivity, and improve food security and nutrition. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- On the frontier of science for food and agricultureCutting-edge technologies enable FAO/IAEA joint “atoms for peace” work to add value to global agricultural research that contributes to food security, food safety and rural development worth billions of dollars annually. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- FAO Food Price Index rises for ninth consecutive month in FebruaryThe FAO Food Price Index, which tracks monthly changes in the international prices of commonly-traded food commodities, averaged 116.0 points in February, 2.4 percent higher than the previous month and up 26.5 percent from a year ago. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- UN World Wildlife Day highlights role of indigenous and local communities’ livelihoods and knowled...For the first-ever virtual celebration of the United Nations’ World Wildlife Day, representatives of UN Member States, UN System organizations, international and non-governmental organizations, Indigenous and Local communities, and youth took part in an online event marking the Day. ..... Read More.5 days ago
- Urgent aid needed to fight humanitarian crisis in Yemen, says FAO Director-GeneralThe Director-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), QU Dongyu, has appealed for urgent aid to fight the humanitarian crisis in Yemen as UN agencies work to prevent a large-scale famine in the country. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Building momentum on the ethical approach towards Artificial Intelligence endorsed by Pope FrancisThe Rome Call for AI Ethics is a document created to support an ethical approach to Artificial Intelligence and promote a sense of shared responsibility among organizations, governments and institutions with the aim of guaranteeing a future in which digital innovation and technological progress are at the service of human ingenuity and creativity. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- FAO’s Investment Centre doubles down on efforts to create more robust and sustainable agri-food sy...Mohamed Manssouri, Director of FAO’s Investment Centre discusses the Centre’s work and expansion plans. ..... Read More.1 week ago