Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Basketball Game Boosts Spirits After Kan. WildfiresIn rural communities, Friday night football or Saturday night basketball at the local high school draws people together to cheer for their favorite team. ..... Read More.55 mins ago
- Record U.S. Stockpiles Keeping Oil Prices LowOil dropped as U.S. crude supplies rose to an all-time high while investors await a meeting between OPEC and its allies that may signal whether they’ll extend output curbs. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Oklahoma Family Overwhelmed After Support From Wildfires ArrivesRusty and Jennifer Colten live and ranch in Harper County, Ok. Jennifer’s great grandparents homesteaded in the Oklahoma panhandle and the land has been with the family ever since. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Oil Falls Amid Record U.S. Stockpiles, Upcoming Producer TalksOil Falls Amid Record U.S. Stockpiles, Upcoming Producer Talks ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Illinois Farmland Values Mark Second Year of DeclineFarmland values across Illinois seem to ‘be finding their footing’ as prices paid for ag properties in 2016 moved downward a second year from historic highs reached just a couple years ago. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Large Family Farms: Few in Number, Big OutputFarm Management News Byline: Chuck Abbott A quarter century ago, small farms generated 46% of U.S. agricultural production. Today, the powerhouse of production is the large family farm with more than $1 million a year in gross cash farm income (GCFI). They represented 2.9% of the U.S. farm total in 2015 but were responsible for 42% of ag output, say USDA economists James MacDonald and Robert Hoppe. When all types of ownership are considered, there were 65,000 farms with $1 million or more GCFI. Some 90% were family owned. The remaining 6,300 farms included 1,760 corporations. Almost all of the rest were partnerships, cooperatives, or operated by managers on behalf of trusts, estates, families, or institutions. Most of the corporate farms had 10 or fewer shareholders. “Large corporations play important roles in setting… ..... Read More.9 hours ago
- Wastewater an opportunity being flushed awayFAO today marked World Water Day by highlighting the opportunity that treated wastewater represents for agriculture, and improved food security and nutrition. ..... Read More.2 days ago