Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- FAO Director-General hails inclusive approach of Committee on World Food SecurityThe 46th session of the CFS appointed a new chair, Thanawat Tiensin of Thailand to preside over its first-ever Multi-Year Programme of Work for 2020-2023, which was approved on Thursday. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- FAO and the Netherland’s FMO partner to improve agriculture financing in developing ...over the next two years, FAO and FMO will work with members of farmers' organizations, staff of SMEs and rural microfinance institutions to improve agri-business management skills, sustainable agro-ecological and processing practices and food loss-reduction techniques. The pilot project of the partnership will be undertaken in Kenya. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- FAO and Danone team up to foster sustainable diets and food systemsThe Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and Danone have agreed to work together to improve global nutrition and food safety knowledge, and promote responsible agricultural value chains for more sustainable food systems. ..... Read More.5 days ago
- World Food Day sees call for bolder action to make healthy and sustainable diets available...At the global World Food Day ceremony today speakers called for bolder and faster action across sectors to make healthy and sustainable diets available and affordable for all. ..... Read More.6 days ago
- Opening ceremony of the 46th Session of the Committee on World Food SecurityInnovative collaboration is needed to reverse rising food insecurity rates and resume progress towards the eradication of hunger by 2030, FAO Director-General Qu Dongyu told delegates gathered here today to open the 46th session of the Committee on World Food Security (CFS). ..... Read More.1 week ago
- EU provides extra €9 million to support FAO’s work promoting nature-friendly agric...In particular, the funding will boost the efforts of countries in the targeted regions to bring about sustainable changes in agricultural policies and practices to conserve and sustainably use biodiversity and natural resources ..... Read More.1 week ago
- A major step forward in reducing food loss and waste is critical to achieve the SDGsA new FAO report launched today by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization provides insights into how much food is lost - as well as where and why - at different stages of the food supply chain, calls for informed decisions for an effective reduction and offers new ways to measure progress. ..... Read More.1 week ago