Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Harnessing the power of livestock to drive sustainable developmentA new FAO report highlights the multiple contributions made by the global livestock sector - especially to the lives of millions of poor, animal-dependent small-scale producers in developing countries - but also says that changes in policies and practices are needed in order to optimize those contributions. ..... Read More.1 day ago
- Urgent need to step up efforts to end hunger and malnutrition in all its formsSpeakers at the global World Food Day ceremony in Rome today called for stronger political will and more financial support to end hunger and malnutrition in all its forms, urging the international community to step up its efforts until everyone has enough and quality food. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- No time to lose to reverse negative hunger and malnutrition trendsFailure to eradicate hunger will undermine all the Sustainable Development Goals, meaning “poverty will not be eradicated, natural resources will continue to degrade, and forced migration will continue to rise,” he told delegates gathered in Rome for the Committee on World Food Security (CFS). ..... Read More.3 days ago
- Policies should not stem migration, but maximize its potential and minimize negativesThe State of Food and Agriculture 2018 launched today urges that policies should not stem or accelerate migration but maximize the contribution of rural migration to economic and social development while minimizing the costs. ..... Read More.3 days ago
- Addressing nutrition is primarily a public policy issue"Changing the legal and institutional frameworks is fundamental to change the productive structure and ensure good nutrition for all," he told representatives gathered at the annual forum of the Civil Society Mechanism (MSC) - a vehicle for the participation of non-governmental actors in policy formulation in at the Committee on World Food Security (CFS). ..... Read More.5 days ago
- World Food Day 2018 – multimedia resources and key messagesA package of WFD multimedia feature stories depicting real people’s actions towards Zero Hunger is available for media use, including accompanying photos and video ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Erratic weather and prolonged conflict take toll on Syria’s agricultural outputSyria's wheat production this year fell to 1.2 million tonnes, about two-thirds of the 2017 level and marking a 29-year low, according to the latest Crop and Food Security Assessment Mission (CFSAM) conducted jointly by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP). ..... Read More.1 week ago