Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- New UN report reveals that hunger in Africa continues to riseThe joint report by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) was launched today in Addis Ababa at an event presided by FAO's Deputy Director-General, Climate and Natural Resources, Maria Helena Semedo. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- International push to improve food safetyGreater international cooperation is needed to prevent unsafe food from causing ill health and hampering progress towards sustainable development, world leaders said at today’s opening session of the First International Food Safety Conference organized by the African Union, FAO and WHO, in Addis Ababa. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- In 2019, FAO aims to provide 32 million people with livelihoods support to keep them on th...As global hunger numbers have continued to rise driven by the proliferation of conflicts and climate-related shocks, FAO is seeking $940 million to save the lives and livelihoods of some of the world’s most food-insecure populations. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- African Union honours FAO’s Director-General for contribution to Zero Hunger vision in A...The African Union (AU) today awarded FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva with a special certificate of recognition for his contribution towards the eradication of hunger in Africa and the sustainable development of the continent’s agriculture sectors. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- FAO Food Price Index rises in JanuaryGlobal food prices began the year on a buoyant note, as the FAO Food Price Index averaged 164.8 points in January 2019, up 1.8 percent from the previous month. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- FAO and Italy’s Unitelma University join forces to promote innovation, international...The agreement was signed today by Roberto Ridolfi, FAO Assistant Director General - Programme Support, and the Rector of the University Unitelma, Antonello Folco Biagini. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- Working together for the sustainable mechanization of farming in AfricaThe Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the African Conservation Tillage (ACT) Network today signed a Memorandum of Understanding to encourage greater access for small-scale farmers to sustainable farm mechanization, such as two-wheeled tractors and other labour-saving machines. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago