Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- FAO chief calls for innovative approaches and investments to ensure enough water for every...Scaling up innovation, policies and investments in the NENA's water sector is vital “to prevent water scarcity from setting us back in our ambitious vision of eradicating all forms of malnutrition, sustaining peace and leaving no one behind”, FAO Director-General said at the Land and Water Days in Cairo today. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- FAO and ADEPT partnership focuses on links between migration, agriculture and rural develo...The agreement, signed in Brussels on the side-lines of the high-level event on Food and Agriculture in Times of Crises, marks the beginning of a formal collaboration in the areas of migration and rural development, with a focus on diaspora-related issues and agribusiness. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- New standards to curb the global spread of plant pests and diseasesThe body charged with keeping plant pests and diseases at bay and trade in plants safe adopted new international measures to prevent pests from crossing borders and spreading. The standards, including protocols to block highly invasive pests such as Xylella fastidiosa and the oriental fruit fly, were approved during the Commission on Phytosanitary Measures’ (CPM) annual meeting this week. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- Global Report on Food Crises: acute hunger still affecting over 100 million people worldwi...The Global Report on Food Crises 2019 presented today jointly by the European Union, FAO, and the UN World Food Programme (WFP) finds that around 113 million people in 53 countries experienced acute food insecurity in 2018, compared to 124 million in 2017. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- In a letter to Pope Francis, FAO’s chief stresses how access to water is critical to..."Access to clean water and sanitation is essential for life, and it is the basis for maintaining a healthy life and helping millions of people out of poverty and hunger," Graziano da Silva wrote in a letter to the pontiff on 1 April. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Cyclone Idai: Immediate help for Mozambique’s livestock and fisheries sectors“When the floodwaters recede, it will be crucial that FAO get in fast”, said Olman Serrano, FAO’s Representative in Mozambique and coordinator of the Organization’s response to Tropical Cyclone Idai. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Joint Media Advisory: Launch of Global Report on Food Crises 2019 and High-Level Event on ...The latest numbers on how many people are facing acute hunger worldwide will be revealed on Tuesday, 2 April 2019, in Brussels at the high-level launch of this year’s edition of the Global Report on Food Crises. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago