Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- FAO hails partnership potential with civil society“We need all of civil society to play an active role”, the Director-General told the annual Forum of the Civil Society and Indigenous Peoples’ Mechanism (CSM), a vehicle for the participation of non-governmental actors in policy formulation at the Committee on World Food Security (CFS). “FAO is here to help you.” ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Norway, FAO will boost transparency and accessibility of global forest informationInformation on the world’s forests will be more transparent and easy-to-use than ever in the coming years, thanks to a $3 million grant to FAO from Norway, which aims to improve global statistics on forest resources and their changes. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Feeding people and protecting our planet should go hand in handGreen agriculture has a vast potential to transform the agricultural sector in a way that enables access for everyone to nutritious food and at the same time ensures conservation of crucial natural resources, FAO Director-General Qu Dongyu said today at the International Agro-Industrial Forum in Moscow. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- Cotton sustainability is key for rural developmentManaging trade policy and climate risks are critical to supporting the more than 25 million farmers who grow cotton, FAO Director-General Qu Dongyu and other experts gathered at the World trade Organization for a World Cotton Day event emphasized. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- FAO and partners intensify efforts to help countries combat banana disease threatFAO has launched an emergency project under its Technical Cooperation Programme to help countries in Latin America and the Caribbean fight the spread of Fusarium wilt (TR4), a fungal plant disease that can wipe out the banana crops upon which the livelihoods of millions of people depend. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- FAO Food Price Index holds steadyThe FAO Food Price Index, which tracks monthly changes in the international prices of commonly-traded food commodities, averaged 170 points in September, virtually unchanged from August and 3.3 percent higher than in the same month in 2018. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Activist from Burundi receives top forestry awardBurundian forestry activist Leonidas Nzigiyimpa was awarded the 2019 Wangari Maathai ‘Forest Champion' Award in recognition of his passionate commitment and outstanding contribution to improving forests and the lives of indigenous peoples, women and youth in his country. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago