Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- FAO and Centro Agroalimentare Roma to promote the sale of local fresh fruits and vegetable...Supporting local farmers and food producers is crucial to promote sustainable, healthy diets in a context where overweight and obesity rates around the world continue to grow mainly due to the over consumption of highly processed foods. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- FAO to open Partnership and Liaison Office in KuwaitFAO and the Government of Kuwait have agreed that the UN agency will open a Partnership and Liaison Office in the country in order to step up joint efforts to end hunger and poverty, boost nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture in the Near East region. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- FAO Director-General introduces innovation agenda to CouncilFAO Director-General Qu Dongyu vowed to Council day to boost transparency across the Organization and introduced new institutional structures to achieve stronger results in two of his focus areas – innovation and the interests of SIDS, LDCs and LLDCs. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- FAO launches 2020 as the UN’s International Year of Plant HealthThe Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) today launched the United Nations’ International Year of Plant Health (IYPH) for 2020, which aims to raise global awareness on how protecting plant health can help end hunger, reduce poverty, protect the environment, and boost economic development. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Putting Mediterranean and other traditional diets back on the consumer’s platePromoting traditional healthy diets is important for advancing our efforts towards a food system that respects the environment, culture and well-being of people, which is a fundamental element of sustainable development. That was the main message at an event organized today by the Government of Italy with support from FAO. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- Spain’s Horta of Valencia wins recognition on FAO’s global agricultural heritage listA 1,200-year-old farming and fishing site known as the “Horta” (garden) of Valencia has been recognized on the register of Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS), managed by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- Celebrating South-South Cooperation, innovative partnerships for tackling food insecurity ...Through South-South Cooperation, countries across the global South are successfully exchanging technical expertise and building innovative partnerships, which if strengthened, can continue to play a crucial role in the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago