Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Nadia Murad joins FAO’s efforts to end hungerThe Yazidi human rights activist and 2018 Nobel Peace Laureate Nadia Murad today joined FAO’s efforts to tackle the twin problems of hunger and violence by becoming a new member of FAO's Nobel Peace Laureates Alliance for Food Security and Peace. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Humanitarian assistance continues to prevent a massive human catastrophe in Yemen but it i...As many as 20 million Yemenis are food insecure in the world’s worst humanitarian crisis. Already, 15.9 million people wake up hungry, according to the latest Integrated food security Phase Classification (IPC) analysis, which is released today by FAO, UNICEF, WFP and humanitarian partners. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Innovation and joint action needed to achieve sustainable agriculture and food systemsNo country alone will be able to overcome all the challenges we face fully, so we must act globally. Nobody must be left behind,” FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva said in closing remarks to the FAO Council. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- FAO Food Price Index declines in NovemberThe FAO Food Price Index averaged 160.1 points for the month of November, down 1.3 percent from October and 8.5 percent from a year earlier. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- Russia’s PhosAgro donates $1.2 million to improve sustainable soil management in Africa,...The contribution will help farmers to enhance their capacities in soil condition assessment and informed decision-making regarding sustainable soil management, particularly soil fertility, as well as facilitate knowledge exchange among farmers. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- Increased soil contamination puts food safety and food security at riskUrgent action is needed to address soil pollution and contain the multiple threats it poses to global food safety and food security, said FAO today marking World Soil Day. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- FAO Director-General calls for transformative changes to our food systemsFAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today called on countries to urgently address all forms of malnutrition, during his opening address to FAO’s Council, the organization’s executive body. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago