Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- FAO and Korea Telecom team up to advance digital agricultural innovationThe Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and Korea Telecom (KT) today agreed to work together to create more opportunities for youth to engage in smart farming and other forms of agricultural innovation and entrepreneurship. ..... Read More.7 days ago
- Renewing solidarity to tackle Africa’s hunger and poverty challengesThis was FAO's message at the opening today of a ASTF Round Table of Contributors in Malabo that has brought together heads of states and government, ministers and other representatives of the development community to recapitalize the Fund and launch a more ambitious second phase. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Treasuring the cultural and heritage dimensions of the Mediterranean dietFAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today warned about the important cultural, social, environmental and heritage loss linked to the erosion of sustainable local diets, including the Mediterranean diet. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- The food systems of the future must provide healthy and sustainable diets for allThe food systems of the future must deliver healthy and quality food for all whilst preserving the environment, FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva said today as he called for a transformation of food systems to improve people’s diets. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- More scientific research is needed to ensure policies that enable access to healthy diets ...The FAO chief's remarks came on the first day of the Future of Food international symposium, which included a roundtable with representatives of academia, and also the signing by FAO of partnership agreements with seven universities and research institutions. ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Food prices rise amid weak production outlook for maizeGlobal food prices rose for the fifth consecutive month in May, pushed up by rising prices of cheese and maize due to adverse weather conditions. The FAO Food Price Index averaged 172.4 points in May, up 1.2 percent from the previous month while still 1.9 percent below its level in May 2018. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- Food safety is everyone’s businessThe first ever celebration of the United Nations World Food Safety Day, to be marked globally on 7 June, aims to strengthen efforts to ensure that the food we eat is safe. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago