Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- World food prices slide marginally in JulyThe FAO’s Food Price Index (FPI) averaged 170.9 points in July 2019, slipping 1.1 percent below its level in June but up 2.3 percent from a year earlier. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- FAO Director-General Graziano da Silva hands over helm to Qu Dongyu with call to improve a...Social protection programmes and public policies are fundamental to reducing hunger and the quality of our food – both produced and consumed – must be improved, FAO’s Director-General José Graziano da Silva said today at a handover ceremony marking his last day at the UN agency’s helm. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- FAO Director-General calls for strong measures to combat global obesity pandemicFAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today made his strongest appeal yet for tougher measures to combat the global obesity pandemic, urging a "legally-binding instrument as a global convention to promote healthy diets in remarks given while receiving the Nutrition Inspiration Award". ..... Read More.4 weeks ago
- FAO warns of Desert Locust outbreaks in Yemen and the Horn of AfricaDesert Locust summer breeding, amplified by heavy rains, can pose a serious threat to agricultural production areas of Yemen, Sudan, Eritrea and parts of Ethiopia and northern Somalia during the next three months, FAO warned today. ..... Read More.4 weeks ago
- FAO Director-General meets Queen Letizia of SpainFAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva met Queen Letizia of Spain to discuss joint collaboration in her role as FAO’s Special Ambassador for Nutrition. ..... Read More.4 weeks ago
- FAO Director-General inaugurates the World Sustainable Urban Food Centre (CEMAS)FAO Director General, José Graziano da Silva, today urged cities around the world today to redouble their efforts to promote healthier and more sustainable urban diets and food systems to tackle the increasing levels of overweight and obesity. ..... Read More.1 month ago