Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Achieving sustainable agriculture requires an integrated approachSustainability is a “varied and complex” concept and applying it to the world’s food and farming systems requires working in integrated and multidisciplinary way, FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva said at the launch of Sustainable Food and Agriculture: An Integrated Approach. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- EU provides €5.9 million for FAO-led efforts to strengthen Yemen’s capacity to mon...Accurate, comprehensive data/information on threats to livelihoods and households' food security status are critical to effectively target humanitarian assistance to where and when it is most needed. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- FAO and Italy’s FICO Foundation step up efforts to tackle malnutrition and food wasteFICO Foundation and FAO are joining forces to help raise public awareness, particularly among young people, on good nutrition practices, healthy diets and the need to curb food waste. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Japan donates $8 million to boost food and nutrition security in conflict–ridden YemenJapan has contributed over $8 million (JPY 891,000,000) to back FAO’s work on enhancing food and nutrition security for the most vulnerable households in conflict-ridden Yemen, which is facing the world's largest humanitarian crisis. The two-year project aims to reach about 200 000 conflict-affected Yemenis. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- FAO and France Médias Monde strengthen their partnershipFMM’s three channels (RFI, France 24, Monte Carlo Doualiya), that regularly produce features and reports on themes related to food and agriculture and global health challenges, have recently broadcast, via their digital and TV platforms, FAO video spots. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Africa Center for Climate and Sustainable Development inaugurated in RomeA major focus on boosting the agricultural sectors in Africa is needed to ensure a better future for the continent’s youth who, if given the chance, can be the drivers of development, FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva said while inaugurating the Africa Center for Climate and Sustainable Development. ..... Read More.4 weeks ago
- Conflict-driven hunger worsensThe situation in the eight places in the world with the highest number of people in need of emergency food support shows that the link between conflict and hunger remains all too persistent and deadly, according to a new report released today by FAO and WFP for the UN Security Council. ..... Read More.4 weeks ago