Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Empowering farmers through innovation is key for sustainable developmentIt is fundamental to support smallholder and family farmers by enhancing their access to innovation for sustainable food systems and to foster sustainable development, FAO Director-General Qu Dongyu said today during a discussion on Enhancing access to innovation in agriculture to achieve the SDGs. ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- FAO and the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation strengthen partnership on food security and ...FAO and the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation today agreed to boost joint efforts aimed at providing food security and sustainable development for present and future generations, in the context of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for Southern Africa’s hu...The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the World Food Programme (WFP) are calling for urgent funding to avert a major hunger crisis and for the international community to step up investment in long-term measures to combat the impact of climate shocks and build the capacity of communities and countries to withstand them. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- More money and brains needed for ocean sustainability“Ocean protection will only succeed if we spend financial and brain power in developing sustainable solutions,” FAO Director-General Qu Dongyu said in a keynote address at the Our Ocean Conference in Oslo. ..... Read More.4 weeks ago
- EU provides €40 million to boost sustainable fisheries and aquaculture in Africa, the Ca...Today the EU, the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) signed a €40 million, five-year programme (FISH4ACP) to boost the development of sustainable fisheries and aquaculture in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific. ..... Read More.4 weeks ago
- FAO and World Union of Wholesale Markets team up to combat food loss and wasteFAO and the World Union of Wholesale Markets (WUWM) have agreed to renew and strengthen their partnership with an eye to globally reducing food loss and waste and assure supplies of healthy and fresh food in an increasingly urbanized world. ..... Read More.1 month ago