Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Sites in Iran and Italy designated FAO globally important agricultural heritage sitesTraditional grape cultivation systems in Iran and Soave vineyards in Italy were formally recognised today as Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems, for their unique ways to produce grape and grape-based products using traditional practices and knowledge while preserving biodiversity and ecosystems. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Nuclear technologies support food, agriculture and the SDGsInnovation and technology are critical tools in achieving FAO’s vision of a world free from hunger and malnutrition, Deputy Director-General Maria Helena Semedo said in an address to the Ministerial Conference on Nuclear Science and Technology atthe International Atomic Energy Agency. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Treasuring trees to make cities greener and healthierForests and green spaces can help create more resilient and sustainable cities, and address the challenges of an increasing urban population, is the message FAO delivered today to participants of the first World Forum on Urban Forests. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Nations urged to accelerate efforts to wipe out hunger and malnutritionChild stunting is a major problem and nearly two billion still suffer from hidden hunger or a deficiency of important nutrients. This also includes people who are overweight or obese," said FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva in a video message to the confrence. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Farmers grappling with Afghanistan drought urgently need seed and animal feed supportA new drought response plan will help 1.4 million of the most vulnerable drought-affected people in Afghanistan during the coming winter season and into April next year, FAO announced today on the sidelines of the Geneva Conference on Afghanistan. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Mediterranean forest area on the rise but increasingly in jeopardyThe Mediterranean forest area has increased by two percent between 2010 and 2015, resulting in a rise of 1.8 million hectares – about the size of Slovenia, says a new FAO-Plan Bleu report - The State of Mediterranean Forests. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Food diversity expresses cultural heritage and is key for healthy dietsThe FAO Director-General made the remarks in his acceptance speech for the Artusi Prize 2018, awarded to him by the Town of Forlimpopoli for contributions made in the fight against hunger. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago