Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Trump Swipes at Greg Abbott for Backing Out of NRA Event After Uvalde Shooting: ‘You Gotta Show Up...Though Donald Trump did not mention Gov. Greg Abbott by name, the former president clearly took a dig at his fellow Republican and Texas governor at a National Rifle Association event on Friday. On Tuesday, an 18-year-old gunman entered Robb Elementary School in Uvalde and began shooting. He locked himself in a classroom while local police waited in a hallway until a tactical unit arrived roughly an hour later. Ultimately, it arrived and acted unilaterally to take out the shooter. By the time it was over, 19 children and two teachers had been murdered. Abbott was supposed to speak at the NRA Leadership Forum in person, but withdrew after Texas experienced its worst school shooting in state history on Tuesday. Instead, he delivered prerecorded remarks to the gathering. Meanwhile, Trump took the stage to chants of “USA! USA!” “I’m honored to be here in the… ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- How the ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Cast Trained to Fly Fighter JetsAudiences coming out of “Top Gun: Maverick” this weekend want to know one thing, are the actors really flying those fighter jets? The answer in short is, yes. Tom Cruise, who returns as “Maverick,” is renowned for doing his own stunt work, and he wanted his stars Miles Teller, Monica Barbaro and Glen Powell to […] ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Border Patrol Agents Acted Unilaterally to Kill Uvalde Gunman After Local Cops Wouldn’t ActBORTAC Agents/Twitter An elite Customs and Border Protection unit killed a school shooter in Texas on Tuesday after agents became frustrated with inaction from local police, according to a report. Nineteen children and two adults were murdered by an 18-year-old man at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde. Evidence has emerged throughout the week the city’s police department was derelict in its duty to end the massacre. The Uvalde Police Department had 19 officers outside of a classroom door where the shooter was, yet they neglected to enter for about an hour. They were waiting on a CPB BORTAC SWAT team, which had investigated a drug stash house near the border, Texas Monthly reported. After speaking with a border patrol official, the outlet noted, The agents immediately responded, arriving at the school just before noon. Bortac (Border Patrol Tactical Unit) is CBP’s’s paramilitary force, an elite group of agents trained to… ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Millions Raised for Children Who Lost Mother in Uvalde Shooting, Father Shortly AfterA GoFundMe that was set up for the four children who lost their mother, teacher Irma Garcia, in the Uvalde elementary school shooting has raised millions of dollars in just a few days. Only days after Garcia died in the horrific shooting which took over 20 lives, her husband Joe passed away from a heart attack. As of Friday afternoon, the page has raised nearly $2.3 million. According to the page, it was set up by Garcia’s cousin, Debra Austin. “She loved her classroom kids and died trying to protect them,” Austin wrote about her cousin. “Please donate anything you can to help her family. 100% of the proceeds will go to the Garcia family for various expenses. Thank you and God bless.” The page was set up on Wednesday and got a major boost from social media shares, including from Bill Pulte, CEO of Pulte Capitol, who tweeted… ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- ‘Stranger Things’ Star David Harbour on Joyce and Hopper’s Future: ‘They Have a Very Complex...SPOILER ALERT: Do not read if you have not yet watched Season 4 of “Stranger Things,” now streaming on Netflix. For those who got used to seeing David Harbour as Jim Hopper, a lazy police officer in Hawkins, Indiana, the new episodes of “Stranger Things” may catch you off guard — and that was his […] ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Why Was Depp-Heard Trial Televised? Critics Call It ‘Single Worst Decision’ for Sexual Violence ...Millions of people have watched Penney Azcarate, the chief judge of the Fairfax County (Va.) Circuit Court, as she has presided over the defamation trial between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard for the last six weeks. Azcarate has maintained a low-key presence, accepting or rejecting evidence and occasionally admonishing witnesses to focus on the question. […] ..... Read More.3 hours ago