Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Sundance Institute Awards Sandbox Fund Grants for Science StorytellingSundance Institute and Sandbox Films announced 12 filmmakers who will be in the next batch to receive support for their projects, along with eight films selected to receive unrestricted and non-recoupable grants totaling $255,000, through the Sandbox Fund. The Sandbox Fund aims to elevate the voices of independent artists working in the realm of science […] ..... Read More.50 mins ago
- The Five Most Memorable Morning Show GuestsMorning shows routinely run on the everyday churn of the news cycle and a never-ending procession of guests reflecting the cultural moods of the moment and – ideally – keeping the conversation lively. And every so often, those guests actually manage to inspire their own headlines by providing moving, shocking, head-scratching and even historic moments. […] ..... Read More.50 mins ago
- Majority of Americans Blame Jan 6th on White Supremacists, Trump and Conservative Media; POLL(Photo by Samuel Corum/Getty Images) According to a new poll from PRRI, the majority of Americans place blame for the capitol riots of January 6th on white supremacist groups, former President Donald Trump, and conservative media outlets, meanwhile, the data shows that strong partisan divides continue to persist. The poll released Wednesday finds that majorities of the American general public believe that all of these factors shoulder a vast amount of responsibility for the actions of rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on January 6th. 59 percent of Americans say white supremacist groups bear responsibility for the riot, while 56 percent say Donald Trump, and 55 percent say conservative media outlets also played a part in inciting by spreading misinformation. However, the poll includes data that points to the current partisan divide of opinions within the American public. Republicans assigned culpability in a drastically different way than most Americans, with… ..... Read More.55 mins ago
- ‘Succession’ Season 3: First Look at Adrien Brody and Alexander Skarsgard in New TrailerWith “Succession” Season 3 inching closer and closer, fans finally get a look at several new characters getting dragged into the Roy family drama in a brand new trailer. Adrien Brody, Alexander Skarsgard and Hope Davis are introduced in the new trailer, released on Friday morning. Their characters find themselves playing key roles in the […] ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Clarence Thomas Warns Supreme Court May Have Become the ‘Most Dangerous’ Branch of Government(Photo by Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images) Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas gave a lecture Thursday, at the University of Notre Dame, warning against the judiciary and individual judges from veering into politics on controversial issues presented to the court. This speech comes after the Supreme Court received intense backlash earlier this month for allowing the controversial Texas abortion law to take effect by refusing to block the law, which bans abortion after six weeks of pregnancy. Thomas spoke to how his upbringing in Georgia and his religious faith played a role in his place on the court, while addressing current issues of race and equality. The Supreme Court justice also did not hold back from voicing his concern for the court wading into controversial political issues. “When we begin to venture into the legislative or executive branch lanes, those of us, particularly in the federal judiciary with lifetime appointments, are asking for… ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Starzplay’s Peter Tortorici Maps Out International Plan for OriginalsAs it forges ahead with expansion into Europe, Starzplay is on the hunt for “edgy” returning scripted series of between six and ten episodes and promises all its partners a decent cut of the IP, according to the platform’s strategy head Peter Tortorici. In his on-demand keynote at Conecta Fiction Friday, the former head of […] ..... Read More.1 hour ago