Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
Latest Real News From 140 News Sites Updated Every 15 Minutes.
- Duke Energy to Pay $156K Fine for North Carolina Coal Ash PollutionDuke Energy Corp. will pay a $156,000 penalty to for polluting ground and surface waters in North Carolina with potentially toxic coal-ash waste around three power plants, an amount one critic compared to a couple of days salary for the … ..... Read More.6 hours ago
- Tourette's syndrome, OCD challenged 12-year-old girl. 'Radical acceptance' ..."This is Normal" podcast: Jesse Pennington-Cross has Tourette's syndrome and mental health challenges. She's 12, and an advocate for acceptance. ..... Read More.6 hours ago
- Tulsa County Democratic Party Chair to Run for Insurance CommissionerThe chair of the Tulsa County Democratic Party has entered the race to become Oklahoma’s next insurance commissioner. Kimberly Fobbs currently is the only Democrat who has filed to run for the insurance commissioner’s post, according to the Oklahoma Secretary … ..... Read More.6 hours ago
- Q&A with Hawkeyes center James Daniels, offensive line anchor headed for NFL Draft&apo...NFL Draft Analyst: James Daniels is latest in Iowa's impressive lineage of offensive linemen ..... Read More.6 hours ago
- IFPI Global Report: Streaming is the world’s top music revenue sourceStreaming revenue has topped yet another report. The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry has released its Global Music Report 2018, which showed a third consecutive year of increased music sales on the back of streaming growth. The latest report showed an 8.1% rise in 2017 music sales to reach $17.3 billion. Digital sources secured a 54% share of the total, and it is the first year it was responsible for more than half of the global result. Streaming was the largest source of money for the first time in the IFPI’s report, reaching revenue of $5.6 billion. 173 million people are now subscription streaming customers, with 64 million joining in 2017. Ad-supported listeners bring the total global streaming audience to 272 million. Physical sales dipped about 5% to deliver revenue of $5.2 billion. Download revenue fell farther: down 21% to $1.8 billion. The IFPI has long been a vehement… ..... Read More.6 hours ago
- Whole Foods grocery delivery expands, now live in 10 marketsIn February, Amazon announced it would begin to deliver from Whole Foods markets via its Prime Now service, which offers free, two-hour deliveries for purchases over $35 and even faster, one-hour delivery for an upcharge of $7.99. The service was initially available in only four markets – Austin, Cincinnati, Dallas and Virginia Beach, however. Today, Amazon is expanding Whole Foods deliveries to Denver, Sacramento, and San Diego. The choice of Denver as one of the earlier markets to receive the option is interesting, given that the city has been a test market for Walmart’s online grocery efforts for years. In fact, it was the first to offer a grocery pickup option back in 2014. Grocery pickup is now available at over 1,200 Walmart U.S. stores, and Walmart’s grocery delivery is expected to reach 100 markets by year-end. Walmart also announced today it’s now working with DoorDash as a delivery partner in… ..... Read More.6 hours ago
- U.S. Agencies Fueled A National Increase In Anti-Muslim Incidents: ReportAgencies including Customs and Border Patrol instigated 35 percent of anti-Muslim incidents recorded in 2017. ..... Read More.6 hours ago