Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
Latest Real News From 140 News Sites Updated Every 15 Minutes.
- Hiding secret anti-Trump messages in resignation letters is latest political crazeLike a page ripped out of a really bad spy novel, Trump critics appear to be slipping secret messages in their resignation letters. But put away that decoder ring: the code has been cracked. ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Controversial female rabbinic students ‘strip searched’ by Western Wall securi...Four women from Hebrew Union College were reportedly "strip searched" by security before they were allowed into the Western Wall Plaza, an incident one group called "an intimidation tactic" -- but some officials maintain the women were trying to smuggle items into the plaza. ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- LETTERS: Italo Balbo’s honorable name being questioned unfairlyIt seems like Italo Balbo just became residual shrapnel from the barrage of bullets the rest of the country is firing over what to do with the approximate 1,500 Confederate place names and other symbols in public spaces. Italian Americans and others throughout Chicagoland are wondering why the memory of Italo Balbo’s remarkable accomplishments is being swept up into the national wave of removing the past. SEND LETTERS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your neighborhood or hometown and a phone number for verification purposes. Eighty-four years ago, General Balbo’s air armada landed at Chicago’s Century of Progress Exhibit, marking the first mass flight of planes crossing the North Atlantic. The transatlantic crossing was rightly recognized as one of the most important and best executed aeronautical achievements of that time, having made a valuable contribution toward the future realization of routine intercontinental air travel and to technological progress. The day of Balbo’s… ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Florida Domestic Insurer Sawgrass Mutual Insurance to ‘Wind Down’ Insurance OperationsJust a day after being downgraded by ratings agency Demotech, Florida-based insurer Sawgrass Mutual Insurance Company has revealed it is under administrative supervision by the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation. According to an amended consent order for administrative supervision dated … ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Are alt-weeklies dying or just moving online?In 2009, the Association of Alternative Newsmedia had 135 alt-weeklies in its membership, according to Pew Research Center. In 2015, that group had 117 members. This year, it has 108. Unlike many of former members, The Village Voice isn't closing. But the alt-weekly made news Tuesday when it announced plans to discontinue its print edition after […] ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- The best, the worst and the most disappointing of summer 2017 moviesAll that's left to do is crown the champions of summer movies, from best new star and biggest surprise to most bitter disappointment. ..... Read More.4 hours ago