Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
Latest Real News From 140 News Sites Updated Every 15 Minutes.
- Aerostich R-3 One-Piece Suit | Gear ReviewThe author in his Aerostich R-3 suit, which he wears on his daily commute during the cooler months.’Stich. Spacesuit. Moto onesie. Aerostich’s R-3 suit, known for years as the Roadcrafter, goes by many names, but one thing is for sure: it has become an icon of motorcycle apparel. Introduced in 1983 by Andy Goldfine, the founder of Aerostich and the non-profit organization that promotes the annual Ride to Work Day, the Roadcrafter was designed for motorcycle commuting and can be worn over street clothes. Thanks to its two main zippers–one from the neck down to the inside of the left ankle and another down the inside of the right leg–a Roadcrafter, with practice, can be put on and zipped closed in a matter of seconds, and removing it is even easier. Over the years, as word spread about the Roadcrafter’s convenience, versatility and practicality, it became the suit of choice… ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Apple’s Empty Grandstanding About Privacy“We at Apple believe that privacy is a fundamental human right,” Apple CEO Tim Cook said in a privacy-conference keynote last year in Brussels. “But we also recognize that not everyone sees things as we do.” Cook was making an impassioned plea to end the technology industry’s collection and sale of user data. “This is surveillance,” Cook continued. “And these stockpiles of personal data serve only to enrich the companies that collect them.” He called for a comprehensive U.S. data-privacy law, focused on minimizing data collection, securing that data, and informing users about its nature and use.The speech is worth revisiting in light of an emerging fight between Apple and Facebook. Earlier this week, TechCrunch reported that Facebook had been paying people, including teens between 13 and 17 years old, to install a “research” app that extracted huge volumes of personal data from their iPhones—direct messages, photos, emails, and more.… ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- The World-Record Instagram Egg Is Going to Make Someone Very RichLast week, a staffer at Need to Impeach, an organization that advocates for the impeachment of Donald Trump, received an outrageous proposal via email. Jerry Media, the viral marketing agency famous for promoting the ill-fated Fyre Festival, was now working in an unofficial capacity with the anonymous creator of the World Record Egg, and the company was hoping to broker a deal between the nonprofit and the egg.Over the past few weeks, the egg has become an internet phenomenon. On January 13, the account’s first post became the most-liked Instagram photo of all time; by the time Jerry Media approached Need to Impeach, the account had more than 9.4 million followers. Since then, the account has posted a series of photos of the same egg with a progressively larger crack, suggesting something inside. In a slide deck, Jerry Media proposed that the egg crack to reveal the words Impeach Trump… ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Japan donates $8 million to boost food and nutrition security in conflict–ridden YemenJapan has contributed over $8 million (JPY 891,000,000) to back FAO’s work on enhancing food and nutrition security for the most vulnerable households in conflict-ridden Yemen, which is facing the world's largest humanitarian crisis. The two-year project aims to reach about 200 000 conflict-affected Yemenis. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Thousands Say Nike Air Max Sneaker ‘Offensive’ To Muslims, Petition For RecallA Change.org petition says a logo stamped into the sole resembles the word Allah in Arabic and is "blasphemous." ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Foxconn Shifts Focus From Wisconsin Manufacturing PlanRather than a focus on LCD manufacturing, Foxconn wants to create a “technology hub” in Wisconsin. ..... Read More.3 weeks ago