Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
Latest Real News From 140 News Sites Updated Every 15 Minutes.
- When Kids Realize Their Whole Life Is Already OnlineFor several months, Cara has been working up the courage to approach her mom about what she saw on Instagram. Not long ago, the 11-year-old—who, like all the other kids in this story, is referred to by a pseudonym—discovered that her mom had been posting photos of her, without prior approval, for much of her life. “I’ve wanted to bring it up. It’s weird seeing myself up there, and sometimes there’s pics I don’t like of myself,” she said.Like most other modern kids, Cara grew up immersed in social media. Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube were all founded before she was born; Instagram has been around since she was a toddler. While many kids may not yet have accounts themselves, their parents, schools, sports teams, and organizations have been curating an online presence for them since birth. The shock of realizing that details about your life—or, in some cases, an entire… ..... Read More.4 weeks ago
- Tackling food insecurity at the urban level – turning global commitments into local ...FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today urged cities around the world to redouble efforts to turn global commitments on food security, nutrition and climate change, into local realities. ..... Read More.4 weeks ago
- The Gun Violence That’s a Bigger Threat to Kids Than School ShootingsGun violence has killed nearly 1,200 children in the United States since the school massacre in Parkland, Florida, one year ago. Few of these deaths became the focus of the nation’s attention. Maybe that’s because these killings were so mundane, so normal, in the 21st-century United States.A few weeks after the Parkland shooting, a 17-year-old high-school student in Birmingham, Alabama, named Courtlin Arrington, who’d long dreamed of becoming a nurse, was shot and killed in class, just months before she was to graduate. In July, three siblings—the oldest of whom was 6—were, according to news reports, murdered along with their mother by their father, who used the same gun to kill himself. A few months after that, a 17-year-old budding entrepreneur in Dayton, Ohio, named Lashonda Sharreice Childs was allegedly murdered by her ex-boyfriend. Just days before her death, according to local news media, Childs had written in a Facebook… ..... Read More.4 weeks ago
- Motorist seriously wounded when man fires at his girlfriend and missesA 44-year-old man was seriously wounded Friday on West Mitchell Street when a man fires at his girlfriend and misses. ..... Read More.2 months ago
- Former Congressman David Obey Enters OctogenarianismGARYTALK.COM – David Obey celebrated his 80th birthday October 3rd, 2018. For those of you who may not remember Dave, he was a United States Congressman, representing the Wisconsin 7th Congressional District in the United States House of Representatives from 1969 to 2011. Obey (OH-Bee) was preceded by Melvin Laird, who resigned to take on […] ..... Read More.5 months ago
- Candice Bergen Dated Donald Trump When 18GARYTALK.COM – It was great to see Candice Bergen on “The Late Show” with Steven Colbert recently (Wednesday, September 26, 2018). She was there to promote her return to television and CBS’s iconic “Murphy Brown” sitcom. She spent most of the time reminiscing about more than the old version of the show. A lot of […] ..... Read More.6 months ago