Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Shutdown begins as budget office sends memo to governmentWhite House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney sent agencies a memo on Saturday directing government agencies to conduct an "orderly shutdown" after the Senate failed to reach a deal to fund the government."Agencies sho ..... Read More.30 mins ago
- Trump and Schumer came close to a deal. Then it fell apartAfter his morning television shows had ended and as the deadline to fund the government loomed, President Donald Trump placed a call to the man in Washington he believed held all the cards: Sen. Chuck Schumer. ..... Read More.43 mins ago
- Schumer says he offered to discuss border wall as part of Trump dealSenate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said early Saturday that he agreed to discuss the U.S.-Mexico border wall as part of negotiations with President Trump, but wasn't able to win him over."During the me ..... Read More.56 mins ago
- U.S. government shutdown begins as spending bill fails in SenateWASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government officially shut down at midnight on Friday after Democrats and Republicans failed to reach a last-minute deal to fund its operations, divided in a bitter dispute over immigration and border security. ..... Read More.60 mins ago
- What happens next?In the final moments leading up to Friday's midnight deadline, Senate Republicans and Democrats were unable to agree on a stopgap funding measure to continue government services. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Pence warns of ‘dangerous consequences’ for national defense amid shutdownVice President Pence warned of "dangerous consequences" for the country's defense amid the government shutdown on Saturday after the Senate failed on Friday to reach a deal to fund the government."Democratic leader ..... Read More.1 hour ago