Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Manchin says 14th Amendment ouster should be ‘consideration’ for Sens. Hawley, CruzWest Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin said Friday that removing Republican Sens. Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz from office over their objections to the 2020 presidential election results should absolutely be "a consideration." ..... Read More.25 mins ago
- Unprecedented Number Of Troops Descend On Washington, D.C., For Biden’s InaugurationUp to 25,000 National Guard troops are expected to be in place by Wednesday, as the nation prepares for an inauguration unlike any in the country's history.(Image credit: Liz Lynch/Getty Images) ..... Read More.54 mins ago
- Migrant caravan demands Biden administration ‘honors its commitments’A migrant caravan moving from Honduras toward the U.S. border is calling on the incoming Biden administration to honor what it says are "commitments" to the migrants moving north, amid fears of a surge at the border when President-elect Joe Biden enters office. ..... Read More.56 mins ago
- The Attacks on Biden’s Civil Rights Division Nominee Have Already StartedOn January 6, the fateful day that insurrectionists stormed the Capitol, President-elect Joe Biden announced his nominees to lead the Department of Justice. That is perhaps why the news of those nominees hasn’t gotten the attention they usually garner. But that was also the day we learned that Democrats won the two Georgia run-off elections, giving them a bare majority in the Senate. Source ..... Read More.57 mins ago
- Trump Administration Executes Federal Inmate Days Before Biden Takes OfficeDustin Higgs, who was sentenced to death for his role in a triple murder, was executed Saturday morning, becoming the final person executed by the Trump administration, just four days before Joe Biden takes office. Last month, Higgs appealed to President Trump for clemency, arguing that he should be spared because he did not actually pull the trigger in the murder of three women in 1996. The shooter “was tried separately and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of release,” Higgs’ lawyers argued. “It is arbitrary and inequitable to punish Mr. Higgs more severely than the actual killer.” Since the Justice Department revived capital punishment at the federal level in 2019, 13 prisoners, including Higgs, have been executed. In the days preceding his death, two other federal death row prisoners, Corey Johnson and Lisa Montgomery, were also executed. Before the Trump administration reinstituted the death penalty, it had… ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Davenport police officer involved in ambush says Condition of the State recognition was an honorGov. Kim Reynolds publicly recognized the three Davenport police officers involved in the incident, all of whom attended her address in person. ..... Read More.1 hour ago