Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Partisan Reaction To Loss Of Ginsburg Shows How Much Else Has Been LostWhile that rancor facing our democracy did not begin with Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death — or even with the Trump presidency — having these events coincide has deepened the shadows on the road ahead.(Image credit: Ariel Zambelich/NPR) ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Step Aside Election 2000: This Year’s Election May Be The Most Litigated YetIn 2000, lawyers and election officials endlessly examined and debated butterfly ballots and hanging chads. Now, the legal arguments are more complex and center on the rules governing mail-in voting. (Image credit: Andrew Harnik/AP) ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Ginsburg Vacancy: Will it Cause White Voters to Move Back to Trump?With fewer than 40 days left before Election Day, Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight gives Joe Biden a 77 percent chance of winning the wresting the presidency away from Donald Trump. In fact, according to calculations by Harry Enten of CNN, “Biden has a better chance (about 45%) of winning 340 electoral votes than Trump has of winning the election (about 25%). Biden’s chance of taking 400 electoral... Source ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- This Voting Season, What’s Keeping You Up At Night?As 2020 unfolds, it may feel like one crisis comes after the next. Morning Edition wants to know how that affects your political decisions in the upcoming election. (Image credit: Katherine Du /NPR) ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Is This How Biden Blows It?Last weekend, Philippe Reines walked over to Ron Klain’s house in Washington, D.C., to hand off his Donald Trump outfit: the suit, the shoes with the lifts, the shirt, the long red tie, the cufflinks. Just in case. When the former Hillary Clinton aide stored the outfit in a bag after playing Trump in debate prep four years ago, a part of him thought it might one day be in her presidential library.Klain ran Clinton’s debate prep, and he’s doing it again this year for Joe Biden. Klain has a rule against discussing the process, but he did tell me that no one is going to be putting on the outfit this year. The former vice president doesn’t like mock debates—he prefers to read research briefings and have a collection of aides fire questions at him.Trump says he isn’t preparing at all ahead of the first debate, which is set… ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- New CDC flap exposes confusion and mismanagement of Trump’s Covid responseNew chaos at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention over revised guidance on the spread of Covid-19 is a fresh sign of mixed messaging that long plagued the White House's failed pandemic response. ..... Read More.2 hours ago