Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- The Memo: Trump regains center stage, with ramifications for allThe battlelines have been drawn as the saga of former President Trump and the FBI enters its second week. Democrats are thrilled at the prospect of comeuppance for a figure who, as they see it, has dodged accountability for numerous past misdeeds. Republicans see a former president targeted for partisan reasons. But two bigger questions also demand answers: how the investigation is affecting the political landscape right now, and what kind of impact it will have on November’s midterm elections. First and foremost, Trump is back center stage, not just because of the FBI search on Aug. 8 but because of every new development that has followed — including the assertion from investigators that they found highly classified information at the former president’s Mar-a-Lago estate, and the revelation that he is being scrutinized for at least three possible crimes. Trump’s renewed prominence has all kinds of ramifications. It makes him… ..... Read More.27 mins ago
- Trump surprises some Republicans with endorsementsRep. Byron Donalds (R-Fla.) first heard that he had been endorsed by former President Trump when he looked at his phone. “I got a text message: 'You've been endorsed,’” Donalds told The Hill. The first-term lawmaker was surprised, but not shocked. He has been a supporter of Trump and has a good relationship with him. Republican candidates in contested primaries this year have lobbied hard for Trump's backing, and most who get his blessing have gone on to win the party's nomination. But Trump’s endorsements of incumbents have often come without members seeking them, a key indication that he is running up his primary endorsement success rate by putting his stamp of approval on members almost certain to win their races. Trump touts the success of his endorsement record in Republican primaries, his record serving as a measure of his influence on the party. He recently flaunted his “Perfect Records in Arizona,… ..... Read More.27 mins ago
- Liz Cheney approaches likely primary loss with defianceRep. Liz Cheney may be about to lose her day job. If so, she’s totally OK with that. Cheney, a third-term Wyoming Republican, is charging into Tuesday’s primary in the Cowboy State defiantly embracing the very message that’s sparked the conservative backlash brewing to oust her: Namely, that former President Trump, with his baseless claims of a “stolen” election, poses an existential threat to the country’s democratic foundations and should be barred from holding future office. That argument, combined with Cheney’s national prominence, has made her both the public face of the anti-Trump movement and a pariah in the eyes of the MAGA faithful, including those in ruby-red Wyoming where the former president remains wildly popular. Some recent polls have Cheney’s challenger — an election denier named Harriet Hageman — leading by almost 30 points. The Cheney name has been revered in conservative Wyoming circles for decades; the seat she holds was once… ..... Read More.27 mins ago
- Five things to watch in Alaska, Wyoming primariesTuesday’s primaries in Alaska and Wyoming will help set the tone for November’s general elections, with a number of critical contests at stake. In Wyoming, Rep. Liz Cheney is in a fight for her political life as she faces Harriet Hageman, who has the endorsement of former President Trump, in the state’s Republican House primary. At the same time, incumbent Sen. Lisa Murkowski will also face off for the first time against Trump-backed Kelly Tshibaka and other candidates in Alaska's Republican Senate primary. Tuesday will also test former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) as she seeks to make a comeback to elected office in the state’s special congressional election. Here are five things to watch ahead of Tuesday’s primaries. Can Cheney outperform expectations? Cheney will face a steep climb in Tuesday’s primary against Hageman as polls show the incumbent congresswoman trailing the Trump-backed challenger and as other House Republicans who… ..... Read More.27 mins ago
- Turning On Trump? Laura Ingraham Says ‘Exhausted’ Americans May Be Done With HimThe Fox News host admitted that voters could reject Trump if he runs again. ..... Read More.49 mins ago
- Rep. Liz Cheney fights to keep her seat in Wyoming’s GOP primaryCongresswoman Liz Cheney is facing a likely primary defeat in Wyoming. She has spoken out against former President Donald Trump and is down by 20 points in primary polls. ..... Read More.50 mins ago