Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers announces red-flag gun legislation after shootings in Texas and ...Gov. Tony Evers rolled out red-flag legislation but the measure will have difficulty gaining traction because of Republican concerns about the idea. ..... Read More.11 mins ago
- Trump’s War on Blue AmericaAcross a growing number of issues, from immigration to taxes to health care, President Donald Trump is harnessing federal power to constrain—and even punish—the blue states outside of his political coalition.One recent move escalated that offensive: Yesterday Trump tweeted that the Environmental Protection Agency will revoke a federal waiver that California received from former President Barack Obama to set its own standards for reducing vehicle emissions, a key contributor to climate change. No previous president has attempted to revoke a waiver granted to California since the state was granted the unique authority to set its own emission rules under the Clean Air Act of 1970. (The EPA is expected to officially announce the decision this morning.)“This is the fight of a lifetime for us,” Mary Nichols, the longtime chair of the California Air Resources Board said at a press conference yesterday morning. “We have to win this and I believe… ..... Read More.21 mins ago
- Trump sues Manhattan district attorney Vance, MazarsU.S. President Donald Trump filed a lawsuit on Thursday against Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance and Trump's longtime accounting firm Mazars, according to records in Manhattan federal court. ..... Read More.22 mins ago
- Why Steve Bullock Refuses to Drop OutFormer Vice President Joe Biden markets himself as the candidate who can actually make government work. Montana Governor Steve Bullock takes that pitch a step further, thinking about what happens if people lose any more faith in the system. I recently asked Bullock if he’s scared of where that leads. Is it anarchy? Is it The Purge?“Is it anarchy?” Bullock replied. “Or is it fascism?”Bullock told me he worries that “if we reelect Donald Trump, America's at a breaking point.” He likes to point out that he’s the only Democrat in this year’s (giant) field who won a state that Trump carried in 2016. He was reelected by Montana voters on the same night they overwhelmingly pulled the lever for Trump. The feeling of those voters, according to Bullock, was, “Finally, somebody is going to clean up Washington D.C.,” referring to Trump. He continued: “We’ve seen what’s happened, and they… ..... Read More.29 mins ago
- A big and scary number (the federal debt) greets drivers on the highway in MilwaukeeA digital “debt clock” that displays a running 14-digit tally of the national debt, at $2 trillion and counting, was erected along I-43 in downtown Milwaukee. ..... Read More.31 mins ago
- Iowa Democrats are trying to replace the virtual caucuses. What are their options?Leaders with the Iowa Democratic Party say they are exploring every possible option to expand access to the 2020 caucuses. Here are possibilities. ..... Read More.31 mins ago