Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Biden welcomes Japanese Prime Minister as he tries to send ‘clear signal’ to ChinaPresident Joe Biden plans to use his meeting with Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga on Friday to send a signal to China that the countries are united in their opposition to recent aggression against Taiwan as the US seeks to refocus its foreign policy in East Asia. ..... Read More.5 mins ago
- Senate Dems call on Biden to close Guantanamo to advance ‘universal rights’Sen. Majority Whip Dick Durbin, D-Ill., and Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., wrote a letter along with 22 other Democrats to President Biden asking him to shut down the military prison in Guantanamo Bay. ..... Read More.22 mins ago
- Biden won’t raise refugee cap this fiscal year in a reversal on earlier pledgePresident Joe Biden will sign a declaration on Friday to speed refugee admissions to the US but not raise the refugee cap, as he has committed to doing. Instead, he will sign an emergency determination that will cast a wider net of who can arrive to the US under the refugee ceiling currently in place. ..... Read More.22 mins ago
- McFarland: Media knows Russia narrative is ‘lies’ but runs with it anywayFormer Trump deputy national security adviser KT McFarland said the media and Democrats have "flogged" the Russia collusion narrative for years, in response to a report that the intelligence community was backing off an assessment that Russia paid bounties on U.S. troops. ..... Read More.22 mins ago
- Ron Johnson says extent of Biden-China ties still unknown: ‘We haven’t unraveled all tho...Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., said on Friday that President Biden’s approach to dealing with China is still “unknown.” ..... Read More.28 mins ago
- White House press briefing interrupted by flyover for new WWI memorialLow-flying F-22 Raptors momentarily interrupted the White House press briefing on Friday as their roar could be heard and felt in buildings in and around downtown Washington. ..... Read More.49 mins ago