Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Gov. Kim Reynolds explains her decision to suspend surgical abortions in IowaGov. Kim Reynolds discusses the process behind her decision to suspend nonessential surgeries in Iowa amid the coronavirus outbreak, including surgical abortions. ..... Read More.12 mins ago
- White House Extends Social Distancing Guidelines to April 30President Donald Trump, walking back from his earlier aspirations to ease restrictions on Americans by Easter, extended the national social distancing guidelines through April 30, adding that the deadliest spike could hit in two weeks—on Easter weekend. “We know much more now” than when he made the Easter claim, Trump said during a coronavirus task force briefing on Sunday. “By June 1, we’ll be well on our way to recovery,” he added. More than 2,300 people have died in the United States and at least 135,000 have tested positive for COVID-19 as of Sunday afternoon. New York, the hardest hit state with almost 60,000 cases, saw an increase of more than 7,000 cases in just one day. New York City Bill de Blasio told CNN’s Jake Tapper Sunday that “We have enough supplies to get to a week from today with the exception of ventilators. We’re going to need at… ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Trump: U.S. Death Rates Likely To Peak In 2 WeeksPresident Trump says the nation's death rate is likely to peak in two weeks, and he says he's extending his 15-day "stop the spread" guidelines until April 30. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Trump extends federal social distancing guidelines until April 30President Donald Trump said Sunday he would extend his "slow the spread" social distancing guidelines to April 30 as novel coronavirus continues to spread throughout the US. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Trump says coronavirus ‘peak in death rate’ likely in 2 weeks, extends social-...Speaking at the White House coronavirus press briefing on Sunday, President Trump declared that "the peak in death rate" in the coronavirus pandemic "is likely to hit in two weeks," and said the federal government will be extending its social distancing guidelines through April 30. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- The Point: How long will Trump’s poll surge last?The 2020 race, publicly at least, has largely halted as the country battles the coronavirus pandemic. Former Vice President Joe Biden and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders are off the campaign trail. As is President Donald Trump, although his daily coronavirus task force briefings have begun to resemble campaign events. ..... Read More.2 hours ago