Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Trump changes plans, won’t head to Florida if government shuts downPresident Donald Trump won't head to his posh Florida resort Friday if lawmakers can't avert the looming government shutdown set to take effect at midnight, a White House spokesperson said Friday morning. ..... Read More.10 hours ago
- Freedom Caucus chair wants to work with Trump on term limitsHouse Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) said during an interview on The Hill's Power Politics podcast that one cure for what ails Congress could be term limit"I think we need to really start talking abo ..... Read More.10 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court candidates spar over 'rule of law' commentsSupreme Court candidate Rebecca Dallet laid into an opponents for using “all this rhetoric about rule of law garbage,” prompting pushback from her rival. ..... Read More.10 hours ago
- Indianapolis Union Leader Takes Stock Of What’s Changed During Trump’s First Y...A year ago, Indianapolis union leader Chuck Jones feuded with President Trump over his promise to save jobs at the Carrier plant in town. NPR's Kelly McEvers speaks with Jones to take stock of what's changed when it comes to American manufacturing during the first year of the Trump administration. ..... Read More.10 hours ago
- With Hours Left, Congress Still Trying To Reach An Agreement To Fund The GovernmentGovernment funding runs out at midnight unless Congress can come to an agreement on spending, immigration and potentially other issues. ..... Read More.10 hours ago
- Where Each Party Stands As Government Shutdown LoomsAs the government faces a potential shutdown, NPR's Mary Louise Kelly talks with David Brooks of The New York Times and Mathhew Yglesias of Vox about where the parties stand divided on issues contributing to the debate. ..... Read More.10 hours ago