Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Fauci says Trump agreed not to invoke a strict quarantine after intensive White House disc...Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday that President Donald Trump decided not to impose a strict quarantine on parts of the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut after officials had "very intensive discussions" at the White House with the President last night. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Analysis: Trump wobbles as a wartime PresidentLike his recent predecessors, President Donald Trump sits in the Oval Office at the Resolute Desk. But in battling the coronavirus pandemic, he has been anything but resolute. ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Are We Prepared for COVID-19 Hitting the Southern Hemisphere?I’m not sure I agree with everything Adam Tooze said in his recent interview with Ezra Klein about the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic, but I agree with this: I think the third element is the crisis that is hitting the big emerging markets: the South Africas, the Brazils, the Nigerias, and potentially the Algerians, the Indias, the Indonesias. These are huge countries with big economies, with large American interests in them, and big geopolitical ramifications. And they are in harm’s way. Their currencies are plunging, they have large debts, and they’re going to be hit by the public health crisis on a really epic scale — especially in South Africa, where they have a big immunocompromised HIV[-positive] population. We don’t have a handle yet on whether COVID-19 is seasonal, but at this point it hardly matters. The southern hemisphere is entering fall, which is coronavirus season no matter… ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- D.C. Mayor On Coronavirus Relief PackageNPR's Michel Martin speaks with Muriel Bowser, mayor of Washington, D.C., about the economic stimulus package that was signed into law by President Trump. ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Cuomo: No one is going to treat New York ‘unfairly’ over coronavirusGov. Andrew Cuomo had a message for the nation on Sunday: Although New York has become the epicenter of the Covid-19 outbreak, no one will treat the state "unfairly" over coronavirus. ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- State Department says it’s retrieved over 18,000 US citizens stranded abroad amid co...The US State Department has repatriated more than 18,000 Americans who had been stuck abroad amid the novel coronavirus pandemic. ..... Read More.3 hours ago