Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Cornyn rips GAO report that found White House violated law in freezing Ukraine aidSen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, criticized the findings by a government watchdog report that found that the Trump administration had violated federal law in withholding security assistance to Ukraine. ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Murkowski wants to hear from House managers and Trump’s lawyers before deciding on w...Republican Sen. Lisa Murkwoski said Saturday that she wants to hear House Democrats' case against Donald Trump and from the President's lawyers before she decides whether she'll support having additional witnesses at his upcoming Senate trial. ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Graham says Trump hopes to have impeachment over by State of the Union addressSen. Lindsey Graham on Sunday said President Donald Trump hopes to have the Senate impeachment trial "behind him" before he delivers the State of the Union address next month. ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- “Not a Crime”: Republican Senators Try Out Their Impeachment DefensesPresident Donald Trump’s senatorial allies-slash-jurors hit the Sunday news shows to try out their best defenses of him ahead of his impeachment trial, which begins on Tuesday. On ABC’s This Week, Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) disputed the fact that the president has encouraged foreign interference in US elections. “Do you think it was proper to solicit foreign interference in our election?” George Stephanopoulos asked Shelby. “I don’t know if that’s actually been proven. That’s in dispute,” Shelby said. When Stephanopoulos pointed out that Trump has publicly called for foreign election interference, Shelby argued that those statements were only “political.” “They make them all the time…People make them. People do things. Things happen.” Shelby on Trump soliciting foreign interference: "Those are just statements, political"@GStephanopoulos: "So it's OK?" Sen. Shelby: "I didn't say it was OK …" GS: This is the president of the U.S. Shelby: He's "human" and is going… ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Bloomberg to unveil economic justice plan at site of ‘Black Wall Street’ massa...Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg on Sunday is expected to release an economic justice plan during a stop in the Tulsa, Oklahoma, neighborhood that was known as "Black Wall Street" before it was destroyed in a 1921 riot and massacre. ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- How lawyer Alan Dershowitz plans to defend Trump during the impeachment trialAlan Dershowitz, a recent addition to President Donald Trump's legal team, said Sunday that he plans to revive an 1868 argument used during former President Andrew Johnson's impeachment trial when he is arguing on behalf of Trump on the Senate floor. ..... Read More.4 hours ago