Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- VA Releases Rules For Law That Would Increase Access To Private CareThe Department of Veterans Affairs released rules for a law that changes how the VA pays for outside, private care. Critics say the move is a stealth effort to privatize the VA. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Week In Politics: New N.C. Election And Emergency Border DeclarationNPR's Ari Shapiro talks with E.J. Dionne of The Washington Post and Tiana Lowe of the Washington Examiner about House lawmakers' plan to vote on legislation to block President Trump's national emergency declaration and a new election in North Carolina's House race. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- 16 States File Lawsuit Against Trump’s National Emergency DeclarationA U.S. District judge in Oakland, Calif., will hear a lawsuit filed this week by 16 Democratic attorneys general against the Trump administration's national emergency declaration. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- President Trump Ends Another Round Of Trade Negotiations With ChinaPresident Trump met with the vice premier of China on Friday, capping another round of high-stakes trade negotiations. The countries face a self-imposed deadline next week to strike a deal. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Trump administration bans abortion referrals at U.S.-funded clinicsThe Trump administration said on Friday that taxpayer-funded family planning clinics which primarily serve low-income Americans will no longer be able to refer patients for abortions, a move that critics vowed to challenge in court. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ordered staffer to clean comb after she used it to eat saladDemocratic presidential candidate Amy Klobuchar faced fresh accusations Friday of belittling staffers, with a new report relaying a bizarre account of how she allegedly berated a staff member who failed to bring her a fork with her salad. ..... Read More.2 hours ago