Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Trump uses FBI director as a foil ahead of Election DayWhen the White House opened up a new line of attack Friday on President Donald Trump's hand-picked FBI director, it might have seemed like a precursor to another dismissal. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Trump unveils ‘Platinum Plan’ for Black AmericansPresident Donald Trump unveiled a plan aimed at winning over Black Americans on Friday, less than two months before Election Day, largely expanding upon the existing economic-related initiatives the President established in his first term. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Trump Administration Moves To Allow Logging In Alaska’s Tongass National ForestFor the last two years, the administration has been working to lift the rule prohibiting development in the Tongass, the country's largest national forest.(Image credit: Elissa Nadworny/NPR) ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Donald Trump Jr. Is Recruiting an Election Day “Army”Today Barton Gellman tells me something that I didn’t know: “the consent decree is gone.” Here’s what that means: The 2020 presidential election will be the first in 40 years to take place without a federal judge requiring the Republican National Committee to seek approval in advance for any “ballot security” operations at the polls. In 2018, a federal judge allowed the consent decree to expire, ruling that the plaintiffs had no proof of recent violations by Republicans. The consent decree, by this logic, was not needed, because it worked. The order had its origins in the New Jersey gubernatorial election of 1981. According to the district court’s opinion in Democratic National Committee v. Republican National Committee, the RNC allegedly tried to intimidate voters by hiring off-duty law-enforcement officers as members of a “National Ballot Security Task Force,” some of them armed and carrying two-way radios. According to the plaintiffs,… ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Trump and McConnell Did Something Semi-Sane. It Wasn’t Nuts Enough for Senate RepublicansSenate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has earned a reputation for efficiently pushing through the Trump administration’s nominations, despite often vociferous opposition from the Democrats. This week, however, he moved through two Trump nominees who had more support from the minority party than from his own. The two votes are illustrative of the sorry state of bipartisanship in our nation’s... Source ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Judge Amy Coney Barrett: 5 things to knowAmy Coney Barrett is a noted frontrunner in contention for the Supreme Court seat ..... Read More.1 hour ago