Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Texas sets June special election to replace FarentholdTexas GOP Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday set a special election for June 30 to replace former GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold, who resigned earlier this month after sexual harassment allegations and other improper conduct came to light last year. ..... Read More.50 mins ago
- Whistleblowers spoke to lawmakers about VA nomineeLawmakers leading the confirmation hearing for President Donald Trump's pick to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs announced on Tuesday morning that the hearings will be delayed. ..... Read More.51 mins ago
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers calls on Russia to stay out of Latin American electionsA bipartisan group of House members on Tuesday introduced a resolution calling on Russia and other unnamed actors not to interfere in a flurry of Latin-American elections all happening this year.The resolution, int ..... Read More.51 mins ago
- Conservatives exert new control over Supreme CourtThe US Supreme Court offered new evidence on Tuesday that conservatives have exerted control and liberals are not going quietly, in a pair of 5-4 decisions that could explain the remarkably slow pace of decisions this session. ..... Read More.52 mins ago
- Warren demands Labor Dept end practice allowing employers to pay people with disabilities ...Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and six other senators are calling on the Department of Labor to stop allowing employers to pay people with disabilities less than minimum wage.In a ..... Read More.53 mins ago
- White House doctor Jackson to fight for VA job: White House officialWASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump's physician Ronny Jackson will not withdraw as the nominee to head the Veterans Affairs department and will fight allegations about his conduct that surfaced ahead of a Senate confirmation hearing, a White House official said on Tuesday. ..... Read More.55 mins ago