Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- WGL Shuts DownAdams Radio Group ceased operations of Sports “1250 The Ticket” WGL Fort Wayne IN last Monday. WGL was the only AM holding of Adams without an active FM translator and carried the national Fox Sports Radio lineup around the clock. A statement on the station’s website about the suspension of operations notes, “We regret to inform you that we will be discontinuing FOX Sports on WGL AM 1250 effective Monday, March, 22. With the current situation, we must devote all of our efforts to our larger signal stations. Thank you very much for listening.” The STA filed with the FCC adds, “As an AM radio station, WGL has been unable to generate sufficient financial resources to sustain operations. A situation that been made even more difficult as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. WGL must suspend operations to allow management time to review options for a… ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Forbes: New Podcast Listeners Are Coming From Radio, Not MusicThe post Forbes: New Podcast Listeners Are Coming From Radio, Not Music appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- New York Times: Community Radio Fights to Stay Live (and Weird) Despite CoronavirusThe post New York Times: Community Radio Fights to Stay Live (and Weird) Despite Coronavirus appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Street Soldiers: The Latest In The COVID-19 Epidemic & Possible VaccineTags: Hot 97, Video Click link above for story ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- How is this possible? Woman Enjoys Eating Raw MeatThis woman has been eating raw meat since she was a child and her mother and grandmother also enjoy... Click link above for story ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- FCC Report 3/29: How To Handle Political Ad Rates During PandemicThe FCC has issued a notice on how to determine lowest unit charge for political advertising during the COVED-19 pandemic. Under the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, broadcast licensees must charge legally qualified candidates who use their facilities in connection with their campaigns no more than the lowest unit charge for the same class and time during the same period.1 The lowest unit charge requirement is applicable during the 45 days preceding a primary or primary runoff election, and during the 60 days preceding a general or special election. The National Association of Broadcasters and a number of broadcast station group owners have informed the Commission staff that, because of current financial difficulties arising from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, many commercial customers are cancelling their advertising contracts with broadcast radio and television stations, in whole or significant part. To fill excess inventory and build goodwill, broadcasters… ..... Read More.8 hours ago