Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- April 2021 (4/1 – 4/28) Nielsen Audio Ratings Day 1: KSBJ Surges & Bottleneck In DallasNielsen begins its monthly release of PPM ratings with today’s Day 1 update including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston/Galveston, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Long Island, Riverside/San Bernardino, San Jose, and Middlesex/Somerset/Union. All the numbers can be found at RadioInsight.com/Ratings. iHeartMedia AC “106.7 Lite-FM” WLTW’s lead in New York narrows as it falls 7.1 to 6.3. MediaCo Adult R&B 107.5 WBLS and Audacy Classic Hits 101.1 WCBS-FM both rise 5.8 to 6.1. SBS Spanish Tropical “Mega 97.9” WSKQ slips 5.3 to 5.1 with an additional 1.0 from its stream, while iHeartMedia Classic Rock “Q104.3” WAXQ falls 4.7 to 4.5. Audacy Sports 660 WFAN/101.9 WFAN-FM jumps up 2.4 to 3.1 with an additional 0.8 coming from its stream, while Hot AC “New 102.7” WNEW rises 2.9 to 3.4 Audacy Classic Hits “K-Earth 101” KRTH continues to lead Los Angeles while sliding 6.1 to 5.9. iHeartMedia News/Talk… ..... Read More.14 hours ago
- iHeartMedia Donates Dayton Pair From Aloha Stations TrustiHeartMedia is nearing the end of clearing out its Aloha Stations Trust for divestitures necessitated from its 2007 privatization. iHeart is donating its two Dayton OH market FMs Country “B94.5” WYDB Englewood and Oldies “Big 106.5” WRZX Greenville to Delmarva Educational Association. The deal is structured with iHeartMedia donating the equipment associated with both station’s transmitters while Delmarva will pay iHeartMedia $200,000 to reimburse for costs incurred for the maintenance of the trust and divestiture of the stations. Delmarva will assume the obligations for the WYDB’s tower lease and enter into a sublease for WRZX. iHeartMedia will retain the WRZX call letters and has the right until closing to retain WYDB as well. The deal leaves 1230 WIRO Ironton OH as the last station in the Aloha Stations Trust. WIRO simulcasts “Fox Sports 1420” WZWB Huntington WV. ..... Read More.15 hours ago
- One Morning Fiasco For Two RanchesLKCM Media is merging the morning shows on its two “Ranch” branded Texas/Red Dirt Country stations. “95.9 The Ranch” KFWR Jacksboro/Fort Worth TX co-host Heather Anderson will join current “”The Morning Fiasco” hosts co-hosts Keith James and Carey Dean from “106.9 The Ranch” KRVF Kerens/Corsicana on both stations. The move helps KFWR fill the opening created by the firing of Justin Frazell after his sexual assault arrest in March. ..... Read More.17 hours ago
- Grant Stinchfield Joins KRLA/KTIE As Morning Co-HostSalem Media Conservative Talkers “870 The Answer” KRLA Glendale/Los Angeles and “590 The Answer” KTIE San Bernardino have announced the addition of Grant Stinchfield as morning co-host. Stinchfield will join Jennifer Horn for “The Morning Answer” starting Tuesday, May 18. Stinchfield will continue to anchor for Newsmax TV in addition to his new role for Salem. He previously hosted evenings at Cumulus Media’s 570 KLIF Dallas, was an investigative reporter for NBC owned television stations in Dallas and Hartford, and a host for NRA TV. Stinchfield fills the co-host slot that had been held by Brian Whitman until last December. Salem Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: SALM) announced today that after an extensive and exhilarating months-long search for a new co-host to team with Jennifer Horn on The Morning Answer for Talkers AM 870 in Los Angeles and AM 590 in Riverside and San Bernardino, broadcast veteran Grant… ..... Read More.17 hours ago
- Xana Oregon to Acquire Three Spokane WA StationsXana Oregon LLC, a Washington limited liability company, has agreed to purchase 0.023kW Regional Mexican KYOZ-AM (1330) andamp; K239CL (95.7)/Spokane, WA and 87kW Classic Country KNHK-FM (104.5)/Newport, WA from Legend Broadcasting LLC, a Delaware limited liability company. The purchase price is ..... Read More.18 hours ago
- Brian Oake Returns To Mornings At Cities 97.1iHeartMedia Hot AC/AAA “Cities 97.1” KTCZ Minneapolis has announced the return of Brian Oake to the station as morning host. Oake previously spent sixteen years at KTCZ, hosting afternoons from 2001 to 2012 and then mornings until 2016. He then moved to Minnesota Public Radio AAA “89.3 The Current” KCMP until exiting in August 2019 following a Facebook rant after he and his daughter were kicked out of a concert. He hosted mornings at Alternative “Rev 105” from 1994-1997 and successor “Zone 105” from 1997 to 2001. With the return of Oake to the station, Paul Fletcher moves back to afternoons. Fletcher has filled in on mornings since the layoff of Hunter Quinn last fall. Also joining the KTCZ lineup will be “Mix 96.9” KMXP Phoenix morning host Matthew Blades. Blades, a native of Minneapolis suburb Coon Rapids, will remotely track nights. He's back… Please… ..... Read More.18 hours ago