Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- WFLI Chattanooga Flips To OldiesAfter eight months with Conservative Talk, Tri-State Radio has flipped 1070 WFLI Lookout Mountain/Chattanooga TN to Oldies. Positioning as “The Legends of Pop, Soul, and Rock N’ Roll”, the new format is playing off WFLI’s heritage as the defacto Top 40 station in Chattanooga in the 1960s and 70s. The station will continue to simulcast the morning news block originating at co-owned 1420 WKWN Trenton GA and its translators. Out with the move are the syndicated Rick & Bubba, Laura Ingraham, Dave Ramsey, Eric Metaxas and Todd Starnes. The post WFLI Chattanooga Flips To Oldies appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.55 mins ago
- WFAN Confirms Mike Francesa TalksWFAN has released a brief statement confirming their talks with Mike Francesa to return to the station: WFAN confirms that we are in ongoing discussions with Mike Francesa about the possibility of him returning to the station,” a statement read. “We also confirm that we are very proud of our current line-up at WFAN and that any potential future engagement with Mike will not result in any talent departures. As a matter of policy, we do not comment on pending negotiations and have nothing further to add at this moment.” Original Report 11:30am: Just four months after completing a two year “retirement” tour at Entercom Sports 660 WFAN/101.9 WFAN-FM New York, Mike Francesa is set to return to the station. The New York Daily News, New York Post, and Newsday all report that Francesa is in negotiations through CAA for a deal which will likely see him… ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Josh Martinez Rises To WKFS Program DirectoriHeartMedia CHR “Kiss 107.1” WKFS Milford/Cincinnati OH has promoted Josh Martinez from APD/MD/Night Host to Program Director. Martinez joined WKFS last year from sister “Channel 99.9” WCHD Dayton and Country “B94.5” WYDB Englewood where he served as Program Director. He has also programmed CHR “Hot 95.7” KOSY Cedar Rapids and worked on-air in Des Moines since starting his career at WKTU New York. Martinez fills the opening created by Bo Matthews exit last year. iHeartMedia announced today that Josh Martinez has been named Program Director for Kiss 107.1, Cincinnati’s No. 1 Hit Music Station, effective immediately. iHeartMedia Cincinnati has a strong cross-platform presence and includes a number of iconic brands and franchises — both broadcast and digital — encompassing more than seven stations comprised of music, talk and news formats. iHeartMedia has the leading consumer reach and influence across multiple platforms and delivers more live programming… ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Google takes aim at privacy law after Facebook lobbying failedAlphabet Inc. is pushing efforts to roll back the most comprehensive biometric privacy law in the U.S., even as the company and its peers face heightened scrutiny after the unauthorized sharing of data at Facebook Inc.While Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg were publicly apologizing this month for failing to protect users' information, Google's lobbyists were drafting measures to de-fang an Illinois law recognized as the most rigorous consumer privacy statute in the country. Their ambition: to strip language from a decade-old policy that regulates the use of fingerprints, iris scans and facial recognition technology, and insert a loophole for companies embracing the use of biometrics.Google is trying to exempt photos from the Illinois law at a time when it's fighting a lawsuit in the state in which billions of dollars of damages may be at stake. The world's largest search engine is facing claims that it violated the privacy of… ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Amazon’s next stop: the back seat of your carWho can use it?For now, anyone who has a 2015 or newer Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac with an active OnStar account, or a 2015 or newer Volvo with an active Volvo On Call account. The service will initially roll out to 37 cities and surrounding areas.But I have a Subaru Continue reading at AdAge.com ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Amazon’s next stop: the backseat of your carWho can use it?For now, anyone who has a 2015 or newer Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac with an active OnStar account, or a 2015 or newer Volvo with an active Volvo On Call account. The service will initially roll out to 37 cities and surrounding areas.But I have a Subaru Continue reading at AdAge.com ..... Read More.3 hours ago