Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Ireallydocare.com set up to counter Melania Trump’s jacket stuntIn the wake of Melania Trump's Thursday "I REALLY DON'T CARE, DO U?" stuntwhich her husband confirmed was a stunt, not long after an attempt was made by Melania's spokesperson to claim, implausibly, that the stunt was not a stunt ("#ItsJustAJacket")Chicago-based Upworthy/Good writer Parker Molloy grabbed the ireallydocare.com web domain. She then created a social-media splash image for it (as seen below) and initiated a redirect to an existing donation page titled Support Kids at the Border ("Chip in to critical groups working to protect kids separated from their families by ICE") set up by Run for Something co-founder Amanda Litman. And by Thursday evening, a benefit "I REALLY DO CARE, DON'T U?" T-shirt was introduced (scroll further down) by Upworthy/Good's Public Service Apparel Co. Continue reading at AdAge.com ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Puma strikes another basketball deal, but what’s the end game?Puma has struck yet another basketball deal as it throws more money into a game that's been dominated by Nike, Under Armour and Adidas. The brand will sponsor The Basketball Tournament, a $2 million winner-take-all summer hoops tourney broadcast on ESPN that comprises 72 teams of ex-NBA players, former college stars and international players.The pact caps a week of headline-grabbing basketball deals. They include Puma endorsements with several players expected to be high draft picks in Thursday night's NBA Draft: Deandre Ayton, Marvin Bagley III and Michael Porter Jr. They mark Puma's first NBA player deals since the late 1990s. To help make hoops noise, Puma also named Jay-Z as creative director.The Basketball Tournament, now in its fifth season, begins June 29, and attempts to fill a summer hoops void by spotlighting players known well by hoops junkies. One team that includes ex-Syracuse players such as Hakim Warrick is named… ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Watch the newest ads on TV from Old Navy, Hims, Hotwire and moreEvery weekday we bring you the Ad Age/iSpot Hot Spots, new TV commercials tracked by iSpot.tv, the real-time TV ad measurement company with attention and conversion analytics from more than eight million smart TVs. The ads here ran on national TV for the first time yesterday.A few highlights: Hotwire serves up another one of its Monty Python-esque animated ads illustrating how it can offer deals on "four-star hotels at two-star prices." Hims, "the wellness brand for men," pitches E.D. (erectile dysfunction) treatment to guys under 40. And Old Navy hypes its sale on summer stylesincluding what it calls a "One Dolla Holla" special on flip-flops (on sale for $1 in-store only on Saturday, June 23). Continue reading at AdAge.com ..... Read More.8 hours ago
- Radioplayer is expanding into SwitzerlandRadioplayer Worldwide is making a push into Switzerland. The online radio service is projected to launch this summer, and is expected to host about 150 stations in French, German, and Italian. It will be available on several platforms, including an industry-wide web player, mobile apps for iOS and Android, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Smart Device Link, Chronecast, smartwatches, and Sonos. Swiss Radioplayer will serve both Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein through a license agreement uniting the Swiss Association of Private Radios, the Union of Local Non-commercial Radio Stations, and the Regional Radio Union of the French part of Switzerland alongside the Swiss Broadcasting Corp. “I am glad that so many radio stations have joined this industry project in such a short time,” said Jürg Bachmann, president of the Swiss Association of Private Radios and chairman of Swiss Radioplayer. “This joint appearance and integration into a European solution will do… ..... Read More.9 hours ago
- TuneIn announces Adobe ad partnership to target audiences through smart speakersTuneIn has partnered with Adobe Advertising Cloud to expand how advertisers can reach their audiences on smart speakers and other new devices. The on demand marketplace from Adobe Advertising Cloud allows advertisers to automate their ad buys across TuneIn’s content. It can also target digital audio ads on smart speakers on TuneIn’s owned-and-operated stations. “With so many smart devices and more than 180 million Americans streaming music, live radio and podcasts every month, smart marketers are beginning to follow suit,” Keith Eadie, vice president and general manager of Adobe Advertising Cloud, said. “But with so many options, it can be hard for advertisers to plan, buy and measure digital audio advertising in all of its forms and incorporate it into a holistic cross-channel strategy. That’s why Adobe Advertising Cloud’s DSP launched automated, data-driven buying of digital audio ads on smart speakers with TuneIn.” “Given the high caliber of our owned… ..... Read More.9 hours ago
- Cadence13 teams with talent agency for a podcast network of digital stars and influencersCadence13 has teamed with United Talent Agency to create a new podcast network centered on developing influential digital talents. The network is called Ramble, and it will encompass podcasting as well as social media, events, and merchandise for a multipronged approach to cultivating audience connections. When it officially launches in September, Ramble will include programming such as Rhett and Link’s Ear Biscuits, Natalie Alzate’s #Viral with Natalie Alzate, Josh Peck’s Curious with Josh Peck, Hannah Hart’s Hannahlyze This, and Flula Borg’s Boom Time. “Ramble is going to be an incredibly exciting hub for the fans of these digital stars, by expanding their audiences into original podcast content in a very authentic and relatable way,” Cadence13 Chief Content Officer Chris Corcoran said. “Ramble will be a community of digital stars that core fans will want to feel and be a part of, as well as a discovery platform to find new… ..... Read More.10 hours ago