Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- J-Dub To Program WDJXAfter 15 years (the past 11 as Program Director) with Cumulus Media CHR “Hot 101” WHOT-FM Youngstown OH, Joe ‘J-Dub’ Dobbins has joined Alpha Media CHR 99.7 WDJX Louisville as Content Director/afternoon host. Dobbins joined WHOT-FM in 2004 as Music Director/night host and rose to PD/afternoons in 2008. He now fills the opening created by JD Garfield’s departure in May to join Impact Radio Group Boise to program Rhythmic CHR “Wild 101.1” KWYD and Rock “99.1 I-Rock” K256CZ/KQBL-HD2. The post J-Dub To Program WDJX appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.52 mins ago
- The End For Christopher K At 106.5 The End Sacramento“106.5 The End” KUDL Sacramento APD/MD/afternoon host Christopher K is the latest in Entercom’s series of talent cuts across the country. Joining then “107.9 The End” KDND months after its launch in 1998, Christopher served as Music Director and night host until 2002 when he moved to the afternoon slot he held until this week. He added Assistant Program Director duties in 2016 and also held roles at 106.5 KUDL under multiple formats until “The End” was forced to relocate in 2017. The post The End For Christopher K At 106.5 The End Sacramento appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Dennis Rodman Opens Up About His Bad Boy Image, Madonna, Donald Trump, Locker Room Stories...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpqMWiG6J_Y The post Dennis Rodman Opens Up About His Bad Boy... Click link above for story ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Bob Pittman Interviews Jeremy Zimmer, CEO/Co-Founder of United Talent Agency, on ‘Math &...In a recent episode of his podcast, Math & Magic: Stories From the Frontiers of... Click link above for story ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- The Things We Left UndoneThe HD Radio ads started nearly 15 years ago. They were hard to miss for a while, even when only broadcasters themselves and the most dedicated hobbyists owned an HD radio. The ads tried to explain “stations between the stations,” but to most people, the concept was nebulous, and so was the navigation of the radio, something confirmed when I went to buy an HD Radio. Then the Pandora app came to the iPhone and made clear which new technology was truly embraced by consumers. HD Radio’s most prominent role now is to feed FM translators — some of which fill needed niches and provide a valuable public service, some of which are just spoilers. Had America developed an easier-to-use and more robust HD Radio, we might now have the viable digital tier that exists in the U.K. or Australia (where usage of streaming audio alternatives… ..... Read More.12 hours ago
- Reacting When an Artist DiesGuest Post by Tony Lorino: As broadcasters, we tend to have a lot more memories about exactly where we were when major news events happened, based on the city we lived in or the station we worked for at the time. But perhaps for us, the sudden passing of prominent musicians is even more surreal, and catches us off-guard even more than major hard-news events. For me, the first that comes to mind is the afternoon of June 25, 2009. It was around 4:45 p.m. as I wrapped up putting tones on a couple of sweepers in my production room at WMYX (99.1 The Mix) in Milwaukee, and I was seconds away from hopping into my car to drive to a friend’s wedding six hours away. On Air with Ryan Seacrest was playing. Brian Kelly, our OM (and a great mentor of mine), walked into the… ..... Read More.12 hours ago