Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Instagram Tests Direct Response Ads in StoriesInstagram is testing direct response ads inside its Stories section, allowing sign-up and app-install pitches, among other salesy formats.On Wednesday, Instagram served an ad in Stories from SumUp, an e-payment device company, that prompted people to swipe up to sign up for its service.Until now, Instagram Stories ads have only offered broad "reach" objectives for branding purposes and not more targeted marketing goals. It's experimenting with ads encouraging app installation, sign-ups on websites and other goals that are already part of the main Instagram ad offering, according to people familiar with the testing. Instagram Stories will eventually accomodate all the same marketing objectives that are available from buying ads in the main feed, they said. Continue reading at AdAge.com ..... Read More.32 mins ago
- Detroit Pistons Move To 97.1 The TicketFrom RadioInsight The NBA’s Detroit Pistons are returning to Downtown Detroit at the new Little Caesars Arena next season and will now also return to CBS Radio Sports “97.1 The Ticket” WXYT-FM Detroit. The Pistons had departed WXYT-FM following the 2012-2013 season for Greater Media’s now-defunct “Detroit Sports 105.1” WMGC and after spending a season on Classic Hip-Hop “105.1 The Bounce” will return to The Ticket for the upcoming 2017-2018 season. WXYT-FM will carry pre and post game coverage as well as play-by-play as well as additional coverage throughout the daily schedule. Any broadcast that overlaps with MLB’s Detroit Tigers or NHL’s Detroit Red Wings will be bumped to News 950 WWJ. The Detroit Pistons announced today that the club has agreed to a multi-year broadcast agreement with 97.1 FM The Ticket (WXYT), making the station the team’s radio flagship partner beginning with the 2017-18 season. Charlie… ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- MARC Radio Buys & Sells In GainesvilleFrom RadioInsight MARC Radio is selling 101.7 WDVH-FM Trenton FL and acquiring 100.9 WXJZ Gainesville. MARC will pay $500,000 to purchase Classic Hits “Wow 100.9” WXJZ from JVC Broadcasting. Michael J. Berger of Bergner and Co. served as the broker. In order to fit WXJZ in their ownership cap, MARC Radio has divested rimshot 101.7 WDVH-FM Trenton to Radio Training Network for $230,000. WDVH-FM has been simulcasting Classic Country “I Am Country 94.1” 980 WDVH/94.1 W231DH Gainesville. Radio Training Network will flip the station to its non-commercial Christian AC “The Joy FM” network. Following the transactions, MARC Radio will add WXJZ to its Gainesville/Ocala cluster consisting of Alternative “100.5 The Buzz” WHHZ, Urban “Magic 101.3” WTMG, Christian AC “106.9 The Pulse” WPLL, Christian “The Shepherd” 720 WRZN/1430 WTMN/96.3 W242CS/103.5 W278CI, and 980 WDVH/941W231DH. JVC Broadcasting will retain CHR “Q92” 92.9 WMFQ, Country/Classic Rock “US 102.3” WXUS, and… ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- VW Marketer Shaping Comeback Attempt Leaves for ToyotaVinay Shahani, who helped shape Volkswagen's messaging in the wake of the automaker's emissions scandal, is leaving for Toyota.Shahani, who was VW of America's senior VP-marketing, will take over as Toyota Motor North America's VP for integrated marketing operations, overseeing media strategy, digital and social media, vehicle incentive strategy, motorsports, engagement marketing, auto shows and other consumer events throughout the U.S. He fills a position formerly held by Ed Laukes, who in March was promoted to VP for Toyota division marketing. Shahani will report to Laukes.At VW, Shahani took a leading role in crafting a new marketing approach as the automaker tried to put the emissions scandal in the rearview mirror and adopt a family-friendly ad approach for its expanded lineup of larger vehicles, including the just-introduced Atlas seven-passenger crossover. Continue reading at AdAge.com ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Chris Berry Promoted To iHeartMedia SVP/News, Talk & Sports ProgrammingFrom RadioInsight iHeartMedia has promoted Chris Berry to Senior Vice President of News, Talk and Sports Programming. Berry will continue to serve as SVP/GM for iHeart’s NBC News Radio and 24/7 News Network. In his career Berry has served as Executive Producer of CBS News Radio, Director of News & Programming for 780 WBBM Chicago, VP and GM of ABC News Radio, President/General Manager of News/Talk 630 WMAL Washington DC and Sports “ESPN Los Angeles” 710 KSPN. He has been with iHeartMedia since 2011 when the company purchased Metro Networks and placed him in charge of the newly named 24/7 News Network. Wanted to share that iHeartMedia recently named Chris Berry as Senior Vice President of News, Talk and Sports Programming, effective immediately. Berry will oversee our News, Talk and Sports brands, where he’ll provide strategic guidance for our spoken word formats and connect key advertisers… ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- WSMV Nashville GM Doreen Wade Calling It Quits..... Read More.3 hours ago