Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- WLRN: Miami-Dade School Board Postpones Vote On Management Of WLRN Radio, TV StationsThe post WLRN: Miami-Dade School Board Postpones Vote On Management Of WLRN Radio, TV Stations appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.6 days ago
- Fresh Listen: Christmas At Lite-FM, B101, CHFISince our First Listen to the Christmas format at four of the format’s first arrivals, most of the format’s major outlets have arrived, prompting another series of Fresh Listens. WLTW (106.7 Lite FM) New York, like its previously monitored sister station WNIC Detroit, is the most conservative/traditional/based in ‘60s MOR. The station’s ‘80s CHR jingles and p.m. driver Rich Kaminski keep up the energy. WBEB (B101) Philadelphia was the most elaborately produced of the three stations I heard with jingles that recalled the Phil Spector Christmas records. It also had the best sweeper, “When you listen to B101, Santa is your co-worker.” (That’s followed by Santa grumbling about changing the toner.) As it is during the rest of the year, CHFI Toronto is one of the format’s most contemporary outlets. Canada’s Christmas canon—35-40% Canadian Content depending on the station—relies more heavily on recent, non-standards from… ..... Read More.6 days ago
- Has 107.3 The Wave Cleveland Crested?Has the last big market Smooth Jazz station met its end? Rubber City Radio Group Smooth Jazz “107.3 The Wave” WNWV Elyria/Cleveland went all Christmas on November 15 and signs are growing that the station will soon debut a new identity. Cleveland Scene reported yesterday that WNWV is “abandoning the format on Friday”. We have independently confirmed that the WNWV airstaff will be exiting on Friday. Whether the Christmas format runs until the end of the month, or the station jumps the gun on its competition and debuts a new format beforehand is still unknown. In addition to the potential Country format (perhaps simulcasting sister 94.9 WQMX Medina/Akron?) reported by Cleveland Scene, our sources have indicated Soft AC as a possible new format for the station. WNWV was originally Smooth Jazz from 1987 until flipping to AAA in December 2009. Upon its acquisition by Rubber City in… ..... Read More.7 days ago
- First Listen: Magic At The MusicalsOne of the benefits of an infinite dial has been having the ability in the New York area to button punch between two Broadway channels since early 2019. Sirius XM’s showtunes channel has always been willfully deep, similar to its approach with other gold-based channels. iHeart Broadway doesn’t go as far, but it also turned out to be not just megahits, especially as time has gone by. Now streaming brings another interesting take. The U.K.’s relatively robust digital radio dial has been responsible for a slew of recent launches. Bauer’s successful AC, Magic Radio, which last year grabbed headlines as the first U.K. broadcast outlet to go all-Christmas, has just unveiled their new DAB/streaming channel, Magic At The Musicals. On First Listen, Magic At The Musicals differs from its U.S. counterparts most notably in its willingness to mine movie music, not just the West End. There’s still… ..... Read More.7 days ago
- SiriusXM/Pandora To Launch U2X RadioSiriusXM and Pandora have announced they are partnering with U2 to launch “U2X Radio” in 2020. U2 will join SiriusXM’s suite of artist branded channels alongside Phish, Garth Brooks, The Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Pearl Jam, Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra. The channel programming is described as “the band themselves taking to the airwaves and will feature music from U2’s acclaimed decades-long career; never before heard interviews and live concert recordings; favorites and surprises from the archive; band curated playlists sharing personal influences both new and old; plus content celebrating their Dublin roots and much, much more.” The channel’s launch was announced during a concert in Toyko. SiriusXM today announced a new creative partnership with U2 to launch U2X RADIO, which will include a dedicated SiriusXM channel and exclusive content available only to SiriusXM subscribers and Pandora listeners. The announcement was made by U2, live… ..... Read More.7 days ago
- Skyview Networks To Launch Nick Cannon Into Daily SyndicationSkyview Networks is partnering with Meruelo Media to bring “Power 106” KPWR Los Angeles morning host Nick Cannon into syndication. Cannon will host “Nick Cannon Radio” as a daily afternoon show starting January 27, 2020 and “Nick Cannon Weekends” starting in February. The shows will be targeted towards Hip-Hop and Rhythmic CHR stations with Skyview Networks will handle production, affiliation and advertising sales. Cannon previously hosted the weekly “Cannon’s Countdown” for CBS Radio and Citadel Media Networks in the early 2000s. In addition to his radio shows, Cannon serves as Creator, Host, and Executive Producer of MTV’s “Wild ‘N Out”, hosts and EP of The Masked Singer on Fox and will debut a daily syndicated talk show to air on Fox owned stations starting in September 2020. Entertainment mogul Nick Cannon, Skyview Networks and Meruelo Media announced today an agreement to develop Nick Cannon Radio for afternoon… ..... Read More.7 days ago