Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Cruz Show Departs Power 106The Cruz Show exited mornings at Meruelo Media Rhythmic CHR “Power 106” 105.9 KPWR Los Angeles. J Cruz has hosted mornings at KPWR since Big Boy exited for iHeartMedia’s “Real 92.3” KRRL in February 2015. Cruz previously hosted nights at KPWR and mornings at Kemp Broadcasting’s “Hot 97.5” KVEG Las Vegas as ‘J Noise’. Cruz and co-hosts DJ Lechero, Jeff ‘The Sports Dude’ Garcia and DJ E-Man have already been purged from the KPWR website with only co-host Cece Valencia remaining on what is now being called “LA’s Hip Hop Morning Show“. INSTANT INSIGHT: We really expect there to be another piece to this story to come out shortly. The post Cruz Show Departs Power 106 appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- Charley Connolly Heads To Cumulus Youngstown As OMCharley Connolly has joined Cumulus Media as Operations Manager of its Youngstown OH cluster and Program Director of Country “K105” 105.1 WQXK. Connolly exited iHeartMedia Cleveland in February where he programmed Country 99.5 WGAR since 2010 and Variety Hits “106.5 The Lake” WHLK since 2012. He has also programmed Cumulus Country 95.5 WSM-FM Nashville and AC 98.3 WKJY Long Island, Smooth Jazz 101.9 WQCD New York and AC 103.7 KVIL Dallas during his career. Connolly fills the opening created by the exit of John Crenshaw earlier this year. CUMULUS MEDIA announces that it has appointed veteran radio programming professional Charley Connolly as Operations Manager of the company’s eight radio stations in Youngstown, OH, and Program Director of Youngstown Country station WQXK-FM/K105. The appointment is effective Tuesday, April 16th. Connolly brings deep experience in radio programming and operations to Cumulus Youngstown, and was most recently Program Director of… ..... Read More.4 days ago
- WMXV Flips To Hot ACFollowing the completion of the sale of URBan Radio Broadcasters Florence/Muscle Shoals AL cluster to Singing River Media, the new owners have made their first major change. Urban AC “V101.5” WMXV St. Joseph TN flipped to Hot AC “My 101.5” on Friday afternoon following a few days stunting with a loop of Britney Spears’ “Baby One More Time”. Vincent ‘Mojo’ Wilson, who had exited the cluster in January to take afternoons at Beasley Media’s “105.1 The Bounce” WMGC Detroit, has returned to serve as Program Director of WMXV and sister Urban “Power 94.9” WMSR-FM. The post WMXV Flips To Hot AC appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- Univision Launches Vibe 107.5 San Antonio As KXTN Moves To AMUnivision has flipped Tejano 107.5 KXTN-FM San Antonio to Rhythmic AC “Vibe 107.5“. The new format is focusing on featuring popular Pop, Hip Hop and R&B artists from the 1990s and early 2000s with a focus on Classic Hip-Hop putting it up against Alpha Media’s “G103.3” K277CX. The Tejano format does continue on 1350 KXTN and 107.5 HD2. The new format debuted at 5pm with Mark Morrison’s “Return of the Mack”, Notorious B.I.G. “Going Back To Cali”, and Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch “Good Vibrations”. Original Report 4/5: Univision Tejano 107.5 KXTN-FM San Antonio TX has begun simulcasting on what had been “Univision Deportes 1350” KCOR San Antonio. New KXTN call letters are pending for the AM while the former Spanish Sports programming remains available on 92.9 KROM-HD2. INSTANT INSIGHT: Is this the prelude to a new format coming to 107.5? KXTN-FM registered a 3.1… ..... Read More.6 days ago
- Emmis Makes Pair Of Morning Changes In IndianapolisEmmis Communications has made morning show changes at two of its Indianapolis stations today. At Country “97.1 Hank-FM” WLHK, Dave O’Brien is out after fourteen years. In a statement to the Indianapolis Star, Emmis stated “Yesterday we notified Dave O’Brien that his contract was not being renewed. This was a difficult decision; Dave has been a valued member of the Emmis family for some time.” O’Brien has been a staple in the Indianapolis market since 1996 where he was paired with Ed ‘Wank’ Wenck at 103.3 WRZX, 93.1 WNOU, 97.1 WENS and WLHK until 2010. He had been the morning host at WLHK since its 2005 flip to Country. No word yet on who will fill the morning opening at WLHK. Across the hall at Sports “1070/107.5 The Fan” 1070 WFNI/107.5 W296BB, Jeff Rickard and Big Joe Staysniak will move from 10am to 12pm to 7am to… ..... Read More.7 days ago
- Jonathan Steele Heads To Afternoons At 105.1 The BounceBeasley Media Classic Hip-Hop “105.1 The Bounce” WMGC Detroit has announced the addition of “WAMO 100” 660 WAMO Pittsburgh PD/afternoon host Jonathan Steele as afternoon host. Steele will use the on-air name J. Steele in Detroit. He has also programmed “98.5 Kiss-FM” WPIA Peoria and Martz Communications’ upstate New York cluster including CHR “94.7 Hits-FM” WYUL Chateaugay NY/Montreal. WMGC had announced the addition of Vinny D as afternoon host in January, however he quickly returned to the Florence/Muscle Shoals AL market. Beasley Media Group, LLC; a subsidiary of Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: BBGI) announces J. Steele has been named as the new afternoon drive personality at 105.1 The BOUNCE in the Motor City. He will begin his new position on Monday, April 22, 2019. Steele most recently served as the program director and afternoon drive host at WAMO-FM in Pittsburgh. “We are very impressed with… ..... Read More.7 days ago