Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- iHeartMedia Launches 97.5 Kiss-FM IndianapolisAfter three weeks of running a redirect loop, iHeartMedia has launched CHR “97.5 Kiss-FM” W248AW/WOLT-HD3 Indianapolis. The new format is launching commercial free with a promotion that if you hear a commercial the station will give away $10,000. The move brings the number of CHRs in the Indianapolis market back up to three as the station goes up against Cumulus Media’s 99.5 WZPL and Radio One’s “Radio Now 100.9” WNOW-FM. iHeartMedia Indianapolis announced the debut of the new 97.5 KISS FM, All the Hits, beginning today at 5 p.m. As part of the launch, 97.5 KISS FM will broadcast commercial-free. The new station will also broadcast a blend of Contemporary Hit Radio music from top artists including Halsey, Jonas Brothers, Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, Shawn Mendes, Post Malone and Drake. Listeners can also tune in to hear an array of on-air personalities including KD, Rucker,… ..... Read More.6 days ago
- Domain Insight 8/15: A Rhythmic Launch In Northern ColoradoIs Townsquare Media planning a Rhythmic launch in Fort Collins? Will the Latin Rhythmic format boom come to Albuquerque? Does Binnie Media have multiple changes planned in Northern New England? This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit the site and log in/register to read. The post Domain Insight 8/15: A Rhythmic Launch In Northern Colorado appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.6 days ago
- Entercom Expands Channel Q To Nine More MarketsEntercom’s LGBTQ+ Talk/Dance “Channel Q” has or will soon expand to nine additional markets bringing the brand to 28 in total. Channel Q is currently heard on 103.1 KQPS Palm Springs, 1550 KGMZ San Francisco, 103.3 K277AE Seattle and on HD Radio subchannels in the rest. The brand has recently launched on 98.7 WDZH-HD3 Detroit, 103.3 WXSS-HD3 Milwaukee, 97.1 WEZB-HD2 New Orleans, 104.5 WNVZ-HD2 Norfolk, 96.5 WTDY-HD3 Philadelphia, and 107.9 WDSY-HD3 Pittsburgh. By the end of this month it will debut on 101.9 WQMP-HD2 Orlando and 102.3 WMQX-HD2 Wilkes-Barre, while 94.1 WSTR-HD3 Atlanta will follow in September. Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company and one of the two largest radio broadcasters in the U.S., today announced the continued growth of CHANNEL Q, a RADIO.COM Original Station. The premiere LGBTQ+ Talk Radio Network will be available in a total of 28 markets nationwide. The network brings the… ..... Read More.6 days ago
- Delana Bennett Promoted To APD/Afternoon Host At KMYI San DiegoiHeartMedia Hot AC “Star 94.1” KMYI San Diego has promoted morning co-host Delana Bennett to APD/afternoon host. Bennett has co-hosted mornings alongside Jesse Lozano since 2012 after previously holding the same spot with AJ Machado and Jeff & Jer at KMYI. She also previously served as Music Director and midday host at former sister Country “US 95.7” KUSS. Bennett first came to San Diego to co-host mornings at Rhythmic AC “Magic 92.5” XHRM with Greg Cook from 1997-2004 after previously working with Cook at KWRM Seattle. Bennett, who also currently voicetracks the 2-4pm slot at KMYI, will have that shift extended to 2-6pm taking the other two hours from KMYI/KHTS Program Director Joe Haze. Star 94.1 FM, San Diego’s More Music, More Variety Station, has named Delana Bennett as Afternoon Drive Host, effective September 3. Bennett will broadcast weekday afternoons from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.… ..... Read More.6 days ago
- Steve Gorman To Host Nightly Classic Rock Show For Westwood OneCumulus Media’s Westwood One syndicator will launch a nightly Classic Rock show hosted by Black Crowes and Stereophonics drummer and former Fox Sports Radio host Steve Gorman. Steve Gorman Rocks! will debut on September 9 on over 20 stations with Cumulus VP/Rock Programming Troy Hanson overseeing the show and 92.5 KQRS Minneapolis PD Scott Jameson programming the music. The show will also feature audio and video content from former Maxim, Playboy, CSN Chicago and MTV host April Rose. Rose also worked at former Cumulus Classic Rock “97.9 The Loop” WLUP Chicago as the “Loop Rock Girl” face of the station in the mid 2000s and again from 2015 until the sale of the station in 2017. Gorman hosted afternoon drive and then early evenings for Fox Sports Radio from 2014 until his exit in September 2018. CUMULUS MEDIA’s Westwood One, America’s largest audio network, announced… ..... Read More.6 days ago
- Immaculate Heart Media Acquires Nine More Stations In Eight Markets From SalemWeeks after acquiring four AMs and three translators in Miami and Tampa from Salem Media for $8,218,875, Immaculate Heart Media has struck another deal to purchase nine more AMs and four translators in eight markets for $8,732,125. The Catholic “Relevant Radio” operator will add presently unknown stations from Salem in Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Houston, San Antonio, and St. Louis as well as “The Word” 1440 WHKZ/107.5 W298CX Youngstown OH. Following the closing of these deals, Immaculate Heart Media will have a national reach of 220,000,000 people over 163 owned or affiliated stations. This is the third acquisition Immaculate Heart Media has made from Salem this year as the company also purchased 1260 WSPZ Washington DC (now WQOF) for $750,000 in March. Relevant Radio® has entered into an agreement with Salem Media Group (NASDAQ: SALM) to purchase nine AM stations and four FM translators in eight markets.… ..... Read More.6 days ago