Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- People Moves 2/18: A Pair Of Programming Exits In TampaA pair of longtime Tampa program managers are out in much different operations. John Larson has departed his position as Director of Branding and Programming for Cox Media Group AC “Magic 94.9” WWRM and Classic Rock “107.3 The Eagle” WXGL. Larson has worked for Cox Tampa since 2003 and also served as Classic Hits format leader for the company. He has previously programmed in Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Phoenix, St. Louis, and Washington DC in his career. Rick Thomas, Operations Manager for Cox Media Tampa and Program Director of Top 40 “Hot 101.5” WPOI and Soft AC 105.5 WDUV, will add programming duties for WWRM and WXGL. After 40 years at Community 88.5 WMNF, which he was one of the co-founders of, Rob Lorei has exited his position as News Director and host of the midday “Radioactivity” that aired from 11am-12pm weekdays. Lorei told FloridaPolitics.com that his firing… ..... Read More.4 days ago
- KCML Rebrands As 99.9 Lite-FMLeighton Broadcasting has returned AC 99.9 KCML St. Cloud MN to a variant of its original branding. The station has dropped the “99.9 More-FM” name it has used since January 2016 and is now identifying as “99.9 Lite-FM“. The station had been known as “Lite Rock 99.9” from its original sign-on in 1998 until 2016. The station is now positioning as “The Most Music For Your Workday”. KCML has also replaced Tom Kent in nights with Delilah. The post KCML Rebrands As 99.9 Lite-FM appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- iHeart Ceases Operations Of 104.5 Kiss-FM HoustoniHeartMedia has ended its lease to operate Centro Cristiano de Vida Eterna’s 104.5 K283CH Houston bringing an end to Urban AC “104.5 Kiss-FM“. The translator is now operating with a mix of Urban Gospel and secular R&B as “iHopeRadio“. No indication yet who the new operator is or what station the translator’s programming is originating from. A listener in the market heard the station segue from a preaching segment cold into R. Kelly’s “Honey Love”. iHeartMedia began operating K283CH in September 2017. The format will continue to be heard on 93.7 KQBT-HD2. The post iHeart Ceases Operations Of 104.5 Kiss-FM Houston appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- Jason Kidd Joins 94.7 The Drive Washington For MorningsEntercom Classic Hits “94.7 The Drive” WIAD Bethesda MD/Washington DC has announced the addition of Jason Kidd for mornings starting Tuesday, February 18. Kidd joins WIAD from Cumulus Hot AC “Mix 107.3” WRQX where he hosted afternoons for the past three years until his exit at the end of January. Kidd has also also programmed Rhythmic CHR 95.5 WPGC in the Washington market as well as “102.7 Jack-FM” WQSR Baltimore, “104.3 The Beat” KQBT Austin, “96.1 Kiss-FM” WKST Pittsburgh and “Hot 107.9” WWHT Syracuse as well as on-air at “B102.7” WXYV “Mix 106.5” WWMX Baltimore and SiriusXM. He also runs the New Generation Radio consultancy. The post Jason Kidd Joins 94.7 The Drive Washington For Mornings appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- Breeze Goes Away Magically In Twin FallsIliad Media Group has completed the transition of Soft AC “95.1 The Breeze” K236BS/KYUN-HD3 Twin Falls ID to Classic Hits with the rebranding of the station as “Magic 95.1“. The station began its transition last summer when it repositioned as “Pop, Soul, Rock & Roll” with its playlist now focusing on hits of the late 60s through early 80s. The move positions K236BS up against Townsquare Media Classic Hits “Kool 96.5” KLIX. KLIX held a 4.8 share in the Fall 2018 Nielsen Audio ratings compared to K236BS’ 0.8 share. The post Breeze Goes Away Magically In Twin Falls appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.4 days ago
- KSQD Debuts In Santa CruzNatural Bridges Media launched Community “90.7 K-Squid” KSQD Santa Cruz CA on Friday, February 15. The station fills the market void created by Pataphysical Broadcasting Foundation flipping 88.9 KUSP Santa Cruz from Public News/Talk to AAA and then selling it and its translators to Educational Media Foundation for $605,000 in 2016. The group that would become KSQD agreed to purchase 90.7 KSRI from EMF for $265,000 in January 2017 with the deal not filed at the FCC until May 2018 once the group raised the necessary funds. The station will feature a mix of syndicated programming such as Democracy Now and Thom Hartman and local talk and music from an all-volunteer staff. The post KSQD Debuts In Santa Cruz appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.5 days ago