Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- McCarthy Says He ‘Loved Every Minute’ Of His 269 Days As SpeakerRep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) spoke to reporters just hours after being removed as speaker of the House on Tuesday, telling reporters he “loved” his tenure as speaker, which lasted 269 days. The former speaker was ousted after Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) filed a motion to vacate the chair, thus triggering a vote of the full House as to the fate of McCarthy’s future. Just eight Republicans voted to remove McCarthy, but with 208 Democrats also voting in favor, the motion carried. McCarthy recalled being rejected for an internship at the congressional office he was later elected to. “I got elected to the seat I couldn’t get an internship for,” he said. “I ended up being the 55th speaker of the House – one of the greatest honors. I loved every minute. And the one thing I will tell you is, doing the right thing isn’t always… ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Michael Cohen Predicts ‘Petulant Child’ Trump Will Violate Gag Order By Tomorrow MorningMichael Cohen, the former attorney to Donald Trump, predicted on Tuesday that the former president would violate his newly-imposed gag order by Wednesday morning. Asked by MSNBC host Katie Phang, “How quickly will Donald Trump violate this gag order?” Cohen said: Probably before we all wake up. You know, the problem with Donald is he’s like a petulant child. As soon as you tell him, “You cannot do this,” he’s going to figure out a way to do it. It becomes his nature. If you tell him no, he wants to turn around and say, “I can do whatever I want. I’m more important, I’m bigger, I’m stronger than you, I’m going to do anything that I want.” I would have liked to have seen from Judge Engoron what type of penalties that he would impose. Rest assured, before this trial is over, there are going… ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Fox’s Ari Fleischer Straight Up Says ‘The Republican Party Today Just Can’t Govern’ After Mc...Fox News contributor Ari Fleischer threw in the towel on behalf of Republicans, declaring the GOP unable to govern after Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) was removed as the top lawmaker in the House on Tuesday. Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) filed a motion to vacate the chair, thus triggering a vote on McCarthy’s fate. Eight Republicans joined 208 Democrats in voting to give the speaker the heave-ho. Meanwhile, 210 Republicans voted to keep the speaker in his post. The drama led to condemnations of the GOP hardliners from conservatives including former President Donald Trump to Fox News host Greg Gutfeld. Fleischer piled on during Tuesday’s Special Report on Fox News. “Look at what’s happened today,” he said. “I wanna step back for some perspective. I was at the White House when Senator Trent Lott – then the Senate majority leader – had to resign under pressure. And… ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- BREAKING: McCarthy Will NOT Run for Speaker AgainAP Photo/Alex Brandon Former Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) announced that he will not run for the office again during a Republican conference meeting on Tuesday, according to Punchbowl News’ Jake Sherman. McCarthy was ejected from his position in a historic vote late Tuesday afternoon when a small number of Republicans joined the entirety of the Democratic caucus to oust him. BREAKING NEWS — KEVIN MCCARTHY will not run for speaker again. He is about to make the announcement in closed GOP meeting w @bresreports — Jake Sherman (@JakeSherman) October 3, 2023 The effort was led by Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), who also helped organize the opposition to McCarthy’s ascension to the speakership in January, which resulted in a 15-round, multi-day marathon voting session to elect the California Republican. Per Sherman, McCarthy announced his decision to his colleagues on Tuesday night, expressing his gratitude to those… ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Gabrielle Union Dunks on Kevin McCarthy After He Quoted Her 2000 Cheerleading Film in Spat With Matt...AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite Actor Gabrielle Union tweeted a gif of her character from the 2000 cheerleading film Bring It On shortly after news broke that Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) had lost his seat as Speaker of the House. Union included McCarthy’s original tweet to rival Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) that stated the movie’s title: “Bring it On.” https://t.co/RYjmECb5e5 pic.twitter.com/6dbUb9WSqB — Gabrielle Union (@itsgabrielleu) October 3, 2023 The movie’s premise revolved around a fierce cheerleading rivalry that pitted Union’s character against one played by Kirsten Dunst. McCarthy posted his tweet Monday, as Gaetz threatened to push a vote to vacate the speaker’s seat. The MAGA Republican continued to troll McCarthy by agreeing with posts declaring McCarthy broke his promises to the GOP that won him the speakership in the first place. Some notable media figures piled on Union’s tweet. Perfect — Mehdi Hasan (@mehdirhasan)… ..... Read More.6 hours ago
- Gutfeld Thrashes ‘Pathetic’ Republican Drama Over McCarthy’s Ouster: ‘Sound and Fury Signify...Greg Gutfeld chided the handful of Republicans on Tuesday who voted to remove Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) from his position. Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) filed a motion to vacate the chair, which triggered a vote on whether to oust McCarthy. Eight Republicans joined 208 Democrats in voting for the motion, thus booting McCarthy from the speakership. The move has been roundly criticized by most prominent Republicans, who view the drama as an unnecessary distraction from running the House with a divided government. The last straw for Gaetz appeared to be a 45-day stopgap funding bill that averted a shutdown at the end of September. More Democrats voted for the package than Republicans. On Tuesday’s edition of The Five, Gutfeld seemed fed up with the ordeal. “It’s kind of sad because nobody bothered to bring any clarity to this,” he said. “If you can’t explain or persuade… ..... Read More.6 hours ago