Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Beasley Media Group Unveils Jammin’ 105.7 in Las VegasNaples, Florida (6/17/19): Beasley Media Group, LLC; a subsidiary of Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc.... Click link above for story ..... Read More.20 hours ago
- Telesouth Flips Two In TupeloEarlier this month Telesouth Communications executed a double format flip in Tupelo MS. Telesouth’s statewide “Supertalk Mississippi” moved from 95.9 WCNA Potts Camp to 101.9 WFTA Fulton replacing Classic Hits “Power 101“. That led the way for WCNA to flip to Hot AC as “Mix 95.9“. WCNA will feature a lineup led longtime Tupelo market personality Craig Horton in mornings and talent from Local Radio Networks the remainder of the day. The move places the Supertalk programming on the stronger Class C2 facility that city-grades Tupelo. The new “Mix 95.9” will rimshot both Tupelo and Oxford, home of the University of Mississippi. The post Telesouth Flips Two In Tupelo appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.21 hours ago
- KOAS Las Vegas Revamps As Jammin 105.7Beasley Media Group has relaunched Rhythmic AC “Old School 105.7” KOAS Dolan Springs AZ/Las Vegas NV as Urban AC “Jammin 105.7“. With the relaunch taking place at midnight, the move comes with a revamped on-air lineup featuring the addition of the Steve Harvey Morning Show from 5-9am and Keith Sweat Hotel from 9pm-2am. APD/MD/Morning host Connie Breeze moves to 6-9pm, while Zenja Dunn remains in middays. Also joining the station as afternoon host is former NIA Broadcasting Tampa Market Manager Paco Lopez. Lopez has bounced between both programming and on-air positions in his career that includes time at “102 Jamz” WJHM and “105.9 Sunny-FM” WOCL Orlando, “Hot 97” WQHT and “Mix 102.7” WNEW New York, “Snap 94.1 WSNA Memphis, WPGC Washington, and KKFR Phoenix. Musically, the revamp comes with the addition of more R&B currents to its playlist. The station is listing core artists as including “old… ..... Read More.24 hours ago
- FCC Report 6/16: WPAT-FM Tries Again For Permanent Move To Empire State BuildingFM Changes After running on STA from the Empire State Building since 2003 after losing its licensed facility on 9/11, Spanish Broadcasting Systems Spanish AC “93.1 Amor” WPAT-FM Paterson NJ is once again attempting to make the ESB its permanent facility. WPAT-FM has been operating with 4kW/415m with the STA, but seeks to increase power to 6kW. An identical application was filed in 2002 but was dismissed by the FCC and petition for reconsideration was rejected due to the increased interference the move would have created towards iHeartMedia’s 93.1 WHYN-FM Springfield MA. In its most recent filing to extend the STA, SBS states it has signed a lease for a permanent transmitter facility at the Empire State Building. This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit the site and log in/register to read. The post FCC Report 6/16: WPAT-FM Tries… ..... Read More.2 days ago
- WWBA Tampa Flips To Classic CountryNIA Broadcasting has dropped Conservative Talk on 820 WWBA/98.3 W252DF Largo and 96.7 W244EG Tampa FL. The company began operating WWBA and sister Sports 1040 WHBO in February via LMA from Genesis Communications to join a cluster that already included Rhythmic Oldies 1150 WTMP Egypt Lake/97.5 W248CA St. Petersburg and Regional Mexican “Caliente 96” 96.1 WTMP-FM Dade City/1470 WMGG Egypt Lake/101.9 W270DU Tampa. Focusing on Country hits of the 70s and 80s, the station is running sans imaging and with limited commercials. The post WWBA Tampa Flips To Classic Country appeared first on RadioInsight. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- StreamLicensing Shuts DownWith zero warning to its subscribers, music royalty licensing service StreamLicensing.com has ceased operations. The company claimed to provide music licensing for independent webcasters but ASCAP claimed in 2017 that the company breached its license and others have accused the company of fraud. Live365.com has made a deal with the company to promote its services on its homepage and offering 50% off the first month of new signups. Effective June 14, 2019, StreamLicensing.com has officially closed its doors and is no longer in business. This includes their licensing, players, and all other services. StreamLicensing notes that they have historically been “an advocate for the small webcaster.” However, “with the legislative changes in music royalties, the business model became unsustainable and therefore expensive to defend against the Music Pro’s.” StreamLicensing asks that all inquiries be sent via email to StreamLicensing@Yahoo.com. StreamLicensing is now directing all webcasters that need… ..... Read More.3 days ago