Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- 2021 Honda ADV150 ‘Adventure Scooter’ | First Look Review2021 Honda ADV150. Images courtesy Honda North America.This is not an April Fools joke…. American Honda has announced that the ADV150 “adventure scooter” will be coming to the U.S. market as early as June 2020, as a 2021 model year machine. The unique scooter has a rugged look, with Showa suspension, aggressive tires, an adjustable windscreen, under-seat storage and a Smart-Key system with built-in theft deterrents. U.S. retail pricing is $4,299. To quote Chris Cox, American Honda’s Manager of Experiential Marketing/Public Relations, “What do you get when you combine an Africa Twin and a PCX150? We weren’t sure, but we knew it sounded like fun!” We agree, Chris. We could use a little fun right now, and we can’t wait to get a ride on one. More info can be found on Honda’s website here. Keep scrolling for more photos…. ..... Read More.1 day ago
- Ural Announces Parts Drop ShipmentsIn response to the current COVID-19 crisis, Ural Motorcycles has announced a new drop shipping service for parts, with free home delivery (in the U.S. market only). Customers may order parts from their local (or any open) Ural dealership and the parts are directly drop shipped to their home. A list of Ural dealers and service centers can be found here, or customers can call (425) 702-8484 x100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone looking to buy a new Ural can still do so at any dealership that’s still open. Trade-in values can be estimated online using Ural’s Get My Trade In Value tool. ..... Read More.1 day ago
- New Gear: Continental ContiRoad TiresContinental has announced a new German-engineered sport-touring tire for the demanding rider, the ContiRoad. This tire features zero-degree steel belted construction for excellent high-speed stability, a proprietary RainGrip silica compound for wet conditions and a new MultiGrip compound that promises great dry traction with long-lasting tread. The ContiRoad is available in two front and seven rear sizes; see website for pricing. See your dealer or visit continental-tires.com ..... Read More.2 days ago
- Retrospective: 1977-1981 Yamaha DT125 MX1977 Yamaha DT125 MX. Owner: Don Carver, Creston, California.The Japanese were selling a lot of “street-scramblers” in the late 1960s, but these were merely street bikes with upswept pipes. Yamaha, in particular, was advertising three twin-cylinder “scramblers” in 1968, the same year it brought out the DT-1 Enduro 250 single, soon followed by the AT-1 Enduro 125. That enduro nomenclature made a bike a little more serious about bad roads, but still, it was a compromise, doing neither street nor dirt extremely well. Despite its imperfections, the 125 changed the world for a lot of Americans. With a gallon of gas in the small 1.8-gallon tank this little charmer weighed in at about 220 pounds, light enough that just about anybody could pick it up. When buyers scooped up all the AT units that first year Yamaha understood it was on to something profitable. Move along to 1974, minor improvements… ..... Read More.2 days ago
- New Gear: D.I.D. VX ChainD.I.D’s 120-link VX Series chains ($122.80) are high-performance, low-friction, long-life X-Ring chains that fit numerous street and off-road motorcycles ranging from 350 to 1,100cc. The increased rigidity of VX Series chains reduces pin flex for a smoother ride and better throttle response. Compared to D.I.D’s VO Series O-ring chains, the VX Series offers 32% to 41% (depending on size) longer life thanks to D.I.D’s patented X-Ring seal. See your dealer or visit didchain.com ..... Read More.3 days ago
- HJC i10 Helmet | Gear ReviewI see a lot of HJC lids when I’m out and about with other riders, which is no surprise: they’re attractive, functional and easy on the wallet. Its CL-17 has been a bestseller and a workhorse of the lineup for years, and for 2019 HJC released a new model to replace it, the i10. Its advanced polycarbonate composite shell has a fresh, modern look, with crown, forehead and chinbar intake vents and always-open exhaust vents at the rear, and the Taze graphic we tested (shown above) also features subtle silver reflective striping on the front, top, back and sides. The liner is removable and washable and the Pinlock-ready visor snaps on and off easily. The i10 is also ready to accept the optional built-in SmartHJC 20B or 10B Bluetooth communication system, or it can be used with a separate system from a manufacturer like Cardo or Sena. My i10 was… ..... Read More.3 days ago