Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- 2020 Ural Weekender Special Edition AnnouncedUral has announced its 2020 Ural Weekender Special Edition that is based on the 2WD Gear Up model. Changes between the models are cosmetic and also include a new configuration of accessories. MSRP is set at $21,079. From Press Release: Weekender SE is based on 2WD Gear Up model with two-tone paint, bright trim, and a slightly different configuration of accessories. This model features the standard 2/3 rider seat, fully equipped sidecar with the windshield, upgraded vinyl tonneau & apron set, universal spare wheel, as well as stainless steel sidecar bumper with auxiliary fog lights.Weekender SE can be ordered with the optional Ural Accessory Receiver. The receiver mounts on top of the sidecar frame, conveniently centered between the motorcycle and the sidecar without sacrificing ground clearance. Free up space in your sidecar for your co-pilot by adding more room out back. Add a cargo basket, bike carrier or even a… ..... Read More.7 days ago
- A Safe Place to Rest Your Head: Lodging in the Time of Covid-19In these strange times, close human contact is a risky proposition. Covid-19 restrictions have rendered many hobbies and activities off-limits. However, motorcycling is an experience that is, and has always been, all about social distancing. On the open road, conflicts, concerns, and global viruses are marginalized and rendered innocuous. The problem is that we must reenter the confines of society at the temporary intermission of a ride. Unless camping or back at home, that means a stay in a hotel. As a travel writer, even in the time of Covid, I am still doing some distance riding. Here is a first-hand look at what several types of lodging are doing to assuage customer concerns and minimize risk. The Boutique Mom and Pop The historic Park Hotel in Clarkdale, Arizona, is perfectly situated between the various mountain ranges of north-central Arizona. Winding roads head off in several directions from… ..... Read More.2 weeks ago
- 2021 Honda Trail 125 ABS Announced for U.S. MarketThe famed Honda Trail/CT is returning to the U.S. market. Honda has announced its new 2021 Honda Trail 125 ABS, based on the Super Cub CT125. The Honda Trail/CT series of motorcycles rose to popularity in the 1960s due to its light off-road capabilities and affordable price point. MSRP is $3,899. From Press Release: 2021 Honda Trail 125 ABS If there were ever a motorcycle made for casual trekking on- and off-road, one that harkens back to the golden era of motorcycling while incorporating the joys of modern design and technology, the 2021 Honda Trail 125 ABS is it. Debuted in 2019 as a concept model at the 46th Tokyo Motor Show, the CT125 received rave reviews, along with requests for a production model. That wish is now granted with the introduction of the 2021 Honda Trail 125. Much like Honda’s fun and nostalgic Monkey and Super Cub miniMOTO models,… ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Apple TV+ Reveals “The Long Way Up” Trailer Featuring Ewan McGregor and Charley BoormanApple TV+ has announced a trailer for Long Way Up, starring Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman. McGregor and Boorman have two other critically acclaimed motorcycle adventure series, entitled Long Way Round (2004) and Long Way Down (2007). The Long Way Up covers 13,000 miles and spans over 100 days as the two travel from the tip of South America to Los Angeles, California. In the past, the duo has relied on motorcycles featuring internal combustion engines. This time, McGregor and Boorman made the entire trek on Harley-Davidson LiveWire electric motorcycles. From Press Release: The trailer for “Long Way Up,” the epic, new Apple Original series from stars Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman is now available. The first three episodes of the 11-part unscripted series will premiere globally on Apple TV+ on Friday, September 18. New episodes will roll out weekly, every Friday. “Long Way Up” reunites McGregor and Boorman for the… ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- BMW Motorrad Announces Maintenance-Free M Endurance ChainBMW Motorrad has announced the M Endurance chain, which does not need to be lubricated like conventional motorcycle chains. The M Endurance chain uses a tetrahedrally amorphous carbon coating on the rollers that reduces friction and negates the need for lubricant. Currently, the BMW S 1000 RR and S 1000 XR are the only compatible models. From Press Release: For more than 90 years, the maintenance-free, environmentally friendly and comfortable shaft drive has been one of BMW Motorrad’s immovable technical cornerstones. With the M Endurance chain, BMW Motorrad now offers a maintenance-free chain with comparable characteristics for the first time. Like previous X-ring chains, the M Endurance chain has a resident permanent lubricant filling between the rollers and pins, enclosed by X-rings. What is completely new, however, is that the previously necessary additional lubricant addition for the rollers and thus the familiar “chain lubrication” is no longer necessary, nor… ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan AnnouncedRoyal Enfield North America has announced notable updates to the 2021 Himalayan. These updates include switchable ABS to help riders when riding off-road, a revised rear brake that is said to improve braking performance, a redesigned side-stand and new hazard lights switch. MSRP is $4,999. From Press Release: Royal Enfield, the global leader in the middleweight motorcycle segment, announced today the launch of the 2021 Himalayan with new features adding to the already impressive legacy of the 411cc adventure motorcycle. Since its introduction in 2016, the Himalayan has earned the respect and admiration of discerning motorcyclists and aspiring adventure riders. Starting September 1, 2020 interested consumers may reserve a 2021 Himalayan at www.RoyalEnfieldNA.com. Quantities are limited and are only available through the website. Once reserved, consumers will present a unique buyer’s code at participating Royal Enfield dealers within seven days of receipt to confirm the reservation. The 2021 Himalayan retains… ..... Read More.4 weeks ago