Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- 2021 Polaris Slingshot Lineup AnnouncedThe 2021 Polaris Slingshot range. From left to right R Limited Edition, R, SL and S. Taking a stroll through any big-box dealership these days is an exciting experience, with a cornucopia of motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, personal watercraft and other toys destined to make the weekend that much enjoyable. Well, we can add the three-wheel 2021 Polaris Slingshot lineup to the list of enticing offerings that feature more options, accessories, an updated optional automatic transmission and optional paddle shifters. The 2021 Polaris Slingshot autocycle lineup includes the S, SL, R and range-topping R Limited Edition. Of course, their main differences are reflected in standard features and accessories, while the chassis and 1,997cc 4-cylinder ProStar 2.0L engine are shared between them all. The base-model Slingshot S shown in White Lightning. Pricing starts at $19,999 for manual and $21,699 with AutoDrive.The biggest news for 2021 is the updated AutoDrive automatic transmission, first… ..... Read More.5 days ago
- Rider Magazine Best of Greece Tour with Edelweiss Bike TravelTired of the pandemic? Ready to get out and see the world? With vaccinations rolling out at a brisk pace, life should return to normal this summer. What better way to celebrate than a 14-day motorcycle tour in GREECE! Rider Magazine has teamed up with Edelweiss Bike Travel for a special “Best of Greece” tour, October 10-23, 2021. Information about the tour is included below, and a special booking page is accessible HERE. Pricing starts at $7,190 per person. And you can book without worry — if things change, you can rebook or get a refund. See the Edelweiss coronavirus policy for more information. Ancient Greece is the cradle of our civilization, our culture and society. Countless words that we use every day are derived from Greek, such as car, cosmos, democracy, atmosphere, politics, telephone, anesthesia and panorama, to name just a few. The ancient Greeks not only influenced science,… ..... Read More.7 days ago
- Honda, KTM, Piaggio and Yamaha Motor Announce Swappable Battery AgreementThe Vespa Elettrica electric scooter. Vespa is part of the Piaggio Group. Many have said that it is not a matter of if, but when, electric vehicles will dominate our city streets and highways. Today, we may be one step closer to that inevitability with a letter of intent jointly signed by Honda, KTM, Piaggio, and Yamaha to create the Swappable Batteries Consortium for motorcycles and Light Electric Vehicles. The goal of the Swappable Batteries Consortium is to help standardized technical specifications of swappable battery systems for vehicles in the L-category: mopeds, motorcycles, tricycles and quadricycles. In addition, the Consortium will work with interested stakeholders, as well as national, European and international governing bodies to create international technical standards for batteries. With standardized swappable battery systems available on the market, it would allow LEVs produced by a variety of manufacturers to have replacement batteries readily available on a widespread scale,… ..... Read More.7 days ago
- Silver Shotgun: Italian Motorcycle Design of the 1970s1971 Ducati 350 Desmo. Story by Paul d’Orleans. Photos by TED7.Like a glitter blast from a time-warp disco cannon, the “Silver Shotgun” exhibit at the Petersen Automotive Museum celebrates the amazing period of the 1960s and 1970s in Italian design, with a unique selection of motorcycles, cars and art objects. The exhibit’s name refers to the paint scheme of the 1971 Ducati 350 Desmo, a factory café racer with enormous chunks of silver metal flake embedded into its fiberglass gelcoat, that proved to be the herald of a new era. “Silver Shotgun” explores the relationship between cutting-edge Italian motorcycles, their connection to automotive design and an avant-garde artistic thread that made Italian industrial design explode with color, energy and competitive vigor. The Italian motorcycle industry, much like its automotive industry, has long been characterized by elegance in design balanced against obsession with racing. Those trends reached a pinnacle in the… ..... Read More.1 week ago
- 2020 MV Agusta Brutale 800 Rosso | Road Test ReviewThe 2020 MV Agusta Brutale 800 Rosso is a canyon-ripping sportbike that oozes style no matter the setting, although the dramatic scenery doesn’t hurt. Photos by Kevin Wing.Society owes a sizable debt to the boot-shaped nation of Italy. As if delicious food, modern fashion and hot-blooded passion weren’t contributions enough, Italy has bestowed upon the world a disproportionate number of lust-worthy motorcycles. Perhaps it’s the Mediterranean climate or a well-fostered love of competition, but when you’re talking about a brand that regards itself as the curators of “motorcycle art,” nothing says Italian sportbike quite like a 2020 MV Agusta Brutale 800 Rosso. Part of a three-bike middleweight Brutale 800 lineup that includes the RR and RR SCS, the Rosso is the affordable option but still drains $14,500 from your bank account. If I know one thing about art, it’s that it can get a little pricey, although wheelieing around on… ..... Read More.2 weeks ago