Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Dunlop Trailmax Mission Tires | Gear ReviewRather than producing yet another pair of DOT 50/50 knobbies that wear like soft cheese, Dunlop’s Trailmax Mission tires take an innovative approach to providing good on- and off-road traction with longevity, claiming as much as 8,000 miles for a rear.Adventure-bike tires are always a compromise, so they’re often categorized by their intended “mix of usage,” e.g. 50/50 for a tire that is good for someone who rides 50% on-road and 50% off. Know anyone like that? Neither do I, especially among riders who pilot larger ADV machines. For most of us spending even 10% of our time off-road would be a challenge, but few riders want a “90/10” tire that just barely cuts it in the dirt. We could just run 50/50 tires all of the time, but the good ones wear out too fast, and the bad ones suck on the street. What we really need is a… ..... Read More.3 weeks ago
- Arai Regent-X Full-Face Helmet | Gear ReviewArai Regent-X in Sensation Yellow FrostArai Helmets’ premium full-face and open-face motorcycle helmets stand out for a lot of reasons. Chief among them are impeccable hand craftsmanship and materials, comfort, a custom-like fit and an unwavering devotion to the company’s stringent definition of head protection, which generally exceeds U.S. Snell certification standards. These qualities have helped Arai build a large fan base among both regular on- and off-road riders as well as a heap of successful racers. That base might also point out that — because of all of the above — Arai helmets tend to be pricy, and for some wearers the design of the shell, neck roll and cheek pads can make the helmets difficult to put on and take off. Once an Arai is on your head, it’s hard to imagine a cozier, more secure lid, but for some getting it over the largest part of their… ..... Read More.4 weeks ago
- National Cycle VStream Touring Screen and ZTechnik Stabilizer | Gear ReviewNational Cycle VStream Touring Screen and ZTechnik Stabilizer installed on a 2019 BMW R 1250 GS. When it comes to personalizing one’s adventure/luxury/sport/cruiser touring motorcycle, windscreens and seats are among the more popular upgrades. National Cycle, maker of OE windscreens for leading manufacturers, also produces replacement screens. And ZTechnik, National Cycle’s in-house brand of bits and bobs for BMWs (“Zubehör Technik” is German for “technical accessories”), provides trim pieces, guards and other farkles. For BMW’s popular R 1200/1250 GS/GSA models, National Cycle and ZTechnik offer two complementary upgrades — VStream windscreens in three heights and a windscreen stabilizer. When BMW gave its mighty GS a major makeover for 2013, one of the many improvements was a knob for on-the-fly, one-hand manual height adjustment of the windscreen. But, especially with larger aftermarket windscreens, some GS owners have complained that the OE mounting system allows too much windscreen flutter. The VStream screen… ..... Read More.4 weeks ago
- 2020 Ducatis: Streetfighter V4, Panigale V2, Multistrada 1260 S Grand Tour | First Look Re...Ducati has announced its entire 2020 motorcycle lineup, which includes new models such as the Streetfighter V4 and V4 S and the Panigale V2, updates to its Panigale V4 and V4 S, a new version of the Multistrada 1260 S called the Grand Tour and the Scrambler Icon Dark. Check out Rider’s Guide to New 2020 Street Motorcycles 2020 Ducati Streetfighter V4 and V4 S 2020 Ducati Streetfighter V4 SAfter a four-year absence, the Streetfighter returns for 2020 and is now a naked version of the Panigale V4 with an upright handlebar. Its 1,103cc Desmosedici Stradale V4 makes a claimed 208 horsepower at 12,750 rpm and 90 lb-ft of torque at 11,500 rpm. Features include “biplane wing” aerodynamics, a full IMU-based electronics package with riding modes, fully adjustable suspension (Showa Big Piston Fork, Sachs shock), a Sachs steering damper, Brembo Stylema monoblock front calipers, Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa II tires,… ..... Read More.4 weeks ago
- The Quail Gathering XIThe weather was wonderful, the motorcycles beautiful (mostly), the food delicious, and more than 3,000 people came to enjoy the show. Photos by the author and David FairchildThe Quail Motorcycle Gathering has been going on for 11 years now, and I’m happy to say it was just as good the 11th time around. You ride along Carmel Valley Road, going east from Carmel, and signs soon indicate the Quail Lodge is off to the right (on Valley Greens Drive, in case you need that for your GPS). Ride past the lodge, cross a little bridge, then you see a lot of white tents off to your right and a straight road ahead — lined with hundreds of parked motorcycles. Find a slot to back your bike into, and then walk over to the entrance. For 11 years I’ve left my gear on the bike and never lost anything, but there… ..... Read More.4 weeks ago
- New Gear: ScorpionEXO Abrams Riding ShirtScorpionEXO Abrams Riding Shirt.ScorpionEXO’s tough new Abrams riding shirt lives up to its name, with a combination of internal, abrasion-resistant Rhino-Mesh and 600D reinforcement panels at the shoulders and elbows, plus pockets for optional CE level 1 Sas-Tec Flex armor and a back protector pocket. Keeping you comfortable are adjustable under-arm vents and bicep and forearm straps to dial in fit. The Abrams has five external pockets plus a conceal carry pocket, and comes in men’s sizes S-5XL in Black or Gray (4XL and 5XL Black only) for $129.95. See your dealer or visit scorpionusa.com ..... Read More.4 weeks ago