Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Countingup, a startup from founder of Clear Books, raises $750K to merge banking and ac...Countingup, a new fintech startup from Tim Fouracre, who previously founded cloud accounting software Clear Books, wants to simplify the life of sole traders by reinventing the business bank account. Specifically, Fouracre’s vision is that for one-person enterprises, business banking and accounting software should be merged so that book keeping and filing accounts can be automated. Read More ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- SoFi held acquisition talks with Charles SchwabSoFi, the online lending giant, held conversations with Charles Schwab about a potential acquisition by the brokerage firm, according to a source with knowledge of the discussions. The M&A talks were first reported by the Financial Times and were said to take place earlier this year. In addition to Charles Schwab, the FT reported that there were discussions with several other unnamed… Read More ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Apple, Samsung to face off at another patent damages trial – CNETJudge Lucy Koh also details how to determine what "article of manufacture" actually infringed. ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- Unboxing Stitchfix’s S-1When Zuiily went public in 2013, it sparked a resurgence of interest in an otherwise lagging e-commerce market. Quickly trading up to reach an $8B market cap — valuing the company at over 10 times revenues — Zulily became the poster child of the flash sales boom. Over the ensuing months and years, concepts such as curated commerce, conversational commerce, flash sales,… Read More ..... Read More.8 hours ago
- Essential Phone is now a more reasonable $499 – CNETThe phone is now $200 cheaper, with the company saying it chose the price drop over spending money on marketing. ..... Read More.8 hours ago
- Hololens tech used in bowel cancer surgeryThe surgeon is able to communicate with colleagues in the US and India during the operation. ..... Read More.9 hours ago