Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Uber’s financials show company is still growing, despite the dramaUber’s past six months have been tumultuous with lawsuits and allegations of harassment. The company doesn’t even have a CEO right now, but newly released financials suggest that most users don’t care. First reported by Axios, Uber has confirmed to us that Uber’s $8.7 billion in gross bookings were up 17 percent in the second quarter. Global trips increased 150… Read More ..... Read More.7 mins ago
- Ojo wants to be the electric scooter for commuters, but it’s not there yetCommuting in a busy city like San Francisco can be annoying — between all the cars, bikes, Boosted Boards and other electric gizmos zipping and weaving through lanes. The Ojo Electric scooter, while it might help with your personal traffic woes, won’t do much to help reduce the overall annoyance commuters experience. The Ojo is designed to be an alternative mode of transportation… Read More ..... Read More.7 mins ago
- Does it really matter how much your startup raises?“How much money does it take to get a startup off the ground?” Entrepreneurs and venture capitalists are faced with this question all the time, and the only right answer — it depends — is also the least satisfying. For any particular startup to succeed, it might take a lot of outside funding or very little. It’s contingent on the business a team is trying to build. Read More ..... Read More.13 mins ago
- FTC approves of Amazon and Whole Foods dealThe U.S. Federal Trade Commission is allowing Amazon to move forward in the process of purchasing Whole Foods. The $13.4 billion acquisition, which was announced in June, combines the e-commerce behemoth with a major grocery chain. The FTC then investigated whether this would decrease competition and ultimately concluded that it was not a problem. Whole Foods shareholders have also now… Read More ..... Read More.19 mins ago
- Samsung smart speaker reportedly on the way – CNETThe company's mobile chief confirms to CNBC that Samsung is close to joining the crowded field of voice-activated smart home speakers. ..... Read More.47 mins ago
- CNET asks: Are you impressed with the new Samsung Galaxy Note 8? – CNETBoom! The new Samsung flagship phone has finally been revealed! Are you impressed or disappointed? Are you going to buy it? We want to know. ..... Read More.50 mins ago