Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- African incubator MEST has a new MD and 11 fresh startup investmentsPan-African incubator MEST announced investments in 11 startups from its 2019 cohort that will each receive $100,000 in financing. The $1.1 million backing for a graduating class is the largest to date for the Accra-based organization — which operates as a training program and seed fund for African innovators to build successful commercial tech companies. By country presence and membership, MEST is one of Africa’s largest tech hubs, and has a new managing director — Ashwin Ravichandran — who succeeded Aaron Fu in July. This year’s investment recipients come from four countries: Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana and South Africa. The startups offer goods and services across diverse sectors, from agtech to fintech to beauty and entertainment (see full list below). Ghanaian fintech startup Bezo Money will use the funding from MEST to launch its app aimed at formalizing and digitizing West Africa’s traditional savings groups, founder Mubarak Sumaila told TechCrunch… ..... Read More.19 mins ago
- Xiaomi launches Mi A3 Android One smartphone with 48MP rear camera in India for $181Google has found a committed partner for Android One in Xiaomi. The Chinese electronics giant today announced the launch of Mi A3, an Android One smartphone, in India as the company looks to expand its handset offering in its most important market. The Mi A3, which is the third Android One handset from Xiaomi, features mid to high-end hardware modules at an affordable price point. It sports a 6.088-inch HD+ (1560X720 pixels) AMOLED display, a trio of 48MP, 8MP and 2MP camera sensors on the back to take detailed and sharp photos, and a 32MP selfie shooter. The Mi A3 comes in two variants: one that bundles 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage that is priced at Rs 12,999 ($181). The second variant, which features 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage, is priced at Rs 15,999 ($223). Both of them are powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor. A lot about… ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Sony comments on Spider-Man possibly leaving the Marvel Cinematic Universe – CNE...Sony is "disappointed" but respects Disney's decision. ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Space’s mysterious fast radio bursts: What the heck are they? – CNETWe've entered a new era of research into one of the newest phenomena in all of space. Here's what you need to know. ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- It Chapter 2 early reviews: ‘Probably scarier’ than part 1 – CNETBill Hader's already getting Oscar buzz as early social reactions come out for the latest Stephen King adaptation. ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Netflix horror series I-Land is like Fyre Festival with murder – CNETLost meets Battle Royale meets Fyre Festival in this trailer for the new Netflix series I-Land, debuting Sept. 12. ..... Read More.5 hours ago