Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Amber Mobility to launch self-driving service in the Netherlands by 2018Waymo isn’t the only self-driving company with on-demand autonomous car service news today: Dutch startup Amber Mobility, which designed a new vehicle specifically for shared commuter use, is putting a firm timeline on its plans to add self-driving capabilities to its fleet. Amber will provide self-driving vehicles for user with its business-to-business car sharing platform in Eindhoven… Read More ..... Read More.15 mins ago
- Dave wants to save you from expensive overdraft feesMeet Dave: an AI dressed up in a bearsuit that’s just launched to save you from the evils of expensive overdraft fees. Hand Dave access to your checking account and the app’s machine learning algorithms will get busy crunching your spending data so the bear can warn you about pending transactions which might push you into the red and incur an expensive bank penalty. Read More ..... Read More.39 mins ago
- Apple’s Carpool Karaoke has been delayed to ‘later this year’The end of April (and also my birthday in case you care) is coming really soon, which means that Apple only has a few more days to release its first original video series for Apple Music. In a statement sent to Reuters, Apple said that Carpool Karaoke has been delayed until “later this year.” Apple originally announced at Recode’s Code Media conference that Carpool Karaoke… Read More ..... Read More.41 mins ago
- Waymo begins first public on-demand self-driving service test in ArizonaWaymo has already been offering members of the public access to its self-driving fleet – for two months, during a limited trial in Phoenix, Arizona. The Alphabet-owned company quietly kicked off public availability of its Fiat-Chrysler Pacifica minivans and other autonomous vehicles, equipped with self-driving hardware and software, with a small group of testers who live in the Phoenix… Read More ..... Read More.43 mins ago
- SeedPlus closes $18M early-stage fund backed by Cisco, Eight Roads and othersSeedPlus, the early-stage investment firm backed by Singapore’s Jungle Ventures, has closed its debut fund at a total of SG$25 million, or approximately $18 million. The firm also announced that Cisco and Eight Roads Ventures, the investment arm of Fidelty, have joined IFC and Indian business magnate Ratan Tata among the fund’s LPs. It added that the fund was over-subscribed.… Read More ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Google driverless cars free to public in PhoenixHundreds of people are being invited to test out Google's robot car service in Phoenix for free. ..... Read More.1 hour ago