Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Twitter tests out ‘annotations’ in MomentsTwitter is trying out a small new change to Moments that would provide contextual information within its curated stories. Spotted by Twitter user @kwatt and confirmed by a number of Twitter product team members, the little snippets appear sandwiched between tweets in a Moment. Annotations adding context https://t.co/ks6TUw8uYF — Gasca (@gasca) October 18, 2018 Called “annotations” — not to be confused with Twitter’s metadata annotations of yore — the morsels of info aim to clarify and provide context for the tweets that comprise Twitter’s curated trending content. According to the product team, they are authored by Twitter’s curation group. In our testing, annotations only appear on the mobile app and not on the same Moments on desktop. So far we’ve seen them on a story about the NFL, one about Moviepass and another about staffing changes in the White House. While it’s a tiny feature tweak,… ..... Read More.47 mins ago
- MIT researchers say memory splitting breakthrough could prevent another Meltdown or Spectr...Virtually every modern computer processor was thrown under the bus earlier this year when researchers found a fundamental design weakness in Intel, AMD and ARM chips, making it possible to steal sensitive data from the computer’s memory. The Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities — which date back to 1995 — punched holes in the walls that keeps apps from accessing other parts of the system’s memory that it doesn’t have permission to read. That meant a skilled attacker could figure out where sensitive data was stored, like passwords and encryption keys. While the companies mitigated some of the flaws, they acknowledged that their long term plan would require a core redesign in how their computer processors work. Now, a team of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) researchers say they have found a way to prevent a similar range of flaws like Meltdown and Spectre… ..... Read More.55 mins ago
- Orange Is The New Black will end after season 7 – CNETIt's been one hell of a ride. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- YC grad Oh My Green gets $20M seed investmentIn its first institutional funding round, Oh My Green has raised $20 million from Initialized Capital, Powerplant Ventures, Backed VC, ZhenFund, Talis Capital and the Stanford StartX Fund to bring healthier foods to offices around the U.S. The concierge-style startup, which completed Y Combinator’s startup accelerator in 2016, provides businesses in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Austin, Denver, Boston, New York City and Nashville nutritional snacks and meals. It stocks office snack pantries — a staple at tech startups — caters events, manages cafes and provides wellness programming. Its goal is to be a one-stop shop for corporate nutritional wellness. The San Francisco-based company was founded in 2014 by Michael Heinrich. Based off my conversation with him earlier this week, I’m guessing he wouldn’t approve of the TechCrunch snack cupboard, which includes a year-long supply of Skittles, M&Ms and Fruit by the Foot. “I wanted to do something more… ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Sean Bean is tired of dying in movies, now he’s going to die in a video game ...Hitman 2 just roped Sean Bean into being an assassination victim in a video game. Genius! ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Facebook reportedly believes spammers were behind massive hack – CNETSecurity breach exposed personal information for 29 million users. ..... Read More.3 hours ago