Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Ancient Egyptians predicted a baby’s gender with pee and barley – CNETPapyrus manuscripts from thousands of years ago reveal some very unusual parenting advice. ..... Read More.57 mins ago
- Amazon reportedly looking into launching UK insurance comparison site – CNETIt's been talking to some major European insurers, the report says. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Fortnite Season 5, week 6 challenges and how to complete them – CNETSome of this week's challenges are a little different, but you'll get them quickly if you know where to go. ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Crypto firm Pantera Capital is looking to raise up to $175 million for a new venture fundPantera Capital, which has made its mark in recent years by investing early and often in a wide variety of digital assets, is looking to raise up to $175 million for its third venture fund — an enormous jump from the $25 million it deployed for its second venture fund and its $13 million debut venture fund, which it closed in 2013. Firm partner Paul Veradittakit says the target amount is a “function of how fast the space is moving, the talent coming in, the opportunities, and the sizing of rounds. With more interesting later-stage investments [on our radar], too, we want to be flexible and able to move with the market.” Whether the firm closes with $175 million or another number is an open question. A newly processed SEC filing shows it has so far rounded up more than $71 million in capital commitments from 90 investors, an amount that Veradittakit… ..... Read More.6 hours ago
- Messaging firm Line launches a dedicated crypto fundMessaging company Line is continuing to burrow deep into the crypto space after it announced the launch of a $10 million investment fund. The fund will be operated by Line’s Korea-based blockchain subsidiary Unblock Corporation, which is tasked with research, education and other blockchain-related services. The fund will be called Unblock Ventures and it’ll initially have a capital pool of $10 million but Line said that is likely to increase over time. The company said the fund will be focused on early-stage startup investments, but it didn’t provide further details. Line is listed in Tokyo and on the NYSE. This fund makes it one of the first publicly traded companies to create a dedicated crypto investment vehicle. The objective, it said, is “to boost the development and adoption of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.” Line claims nearly 200 million users of its messaging app, which is particularly popular in Japan, Taiwan, Thailand and Indonesia.… ..... Read More.6 hours ago
- Amazon said to consider purchase of movie theater chain – CNETThe e-tailer is vying to buy Landmark Theatres, a chain owned by Mark Cuban, Bloomberg reports. ..... Read More.7 hours ago