Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Gleeful Laura Ingraham Claps While Reporting Gen. Milley Has Covid-19Laura Ingraham took particular delight in the fact that Gen. Mark Milley, the chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, tested positive for Covid-19. In June, the Fox News host accused Milley of spreading “far-left Marxist racist ideology” in the U.S. military. During Monday’s show, Ingraham introduced a recurring segment with Raymond Arroyo called “Positively Boosted,” during which the two highlight Covid-positive cases in people who are fully vaccinated and boosted. While vaccinated people can test positive for Covid, they are far less likely to be hospitalized or die because of the virus. This fact, of course, was omitted from the “Positively Boosted” segment. “All right, the triple vaxxed Joint Chief[s] chairman Mark Milley – our favorite, Mark Milley! – tested positive for Covid yesterday,” she said while clapping. “And who else? General David Berger, the Marine Corps commandant, also positively boosted.” The aim of the… ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Steve Schmidt Compares Trump to George Wallace, Asks if Supporters Are Prepared to ‘Execute Poli...Steve Schmidt compared former President Donald Trump to segregationists, and also questioned whether the former president’s supporters are willing to kill for him. Schmidt joined MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell on The Last Word Monday to discuss the Trump rally in Arizona over the weekend. O’Donnell aired a number of clips from the rally in which speakers questioned the results of the 2020 election. “That’s what we’re going to be seeing at all of these Trump rallies,” O’Donnell said. Schmidt responded that he feels Trump is comparable to notorious segregationists, Gov. George Wallace and Sheriff Bull Connor: We sure are, and it will only going to get crazier. Look, I think that the great deficiency, Lawrence, in this moment in America’s life and in the public square in American life is this singular fact: nobody knows what to call that. That thing that we just watched.… ..... Read More.6 hours ago
- WATCH: Fan at Knicks Game Shouts ‘Shut the F*ck Up!’ As Mayor Eric Adams Honors MLKMike Vorkunov/Twitter Someone at Monday’s New York Knicks game shouted an expletive at Eric Adams as he paid homage to late civil rights icon Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on the holiday that bears his name. Adams, who was sworn in on New Year’s Day, was in attendance at Madison Square Garden as the home team prepared to face off against the Charlotte Hornets. The mayor addressed a rowdy crowd before tipoff by honoring King’s legacy and connecting it to the Knicks. “When the civil rights battle was on the line, Dr. King wanted the ball in his hand, and he gave his life to ensure that our country would be a better place for all of us.” Adams told fans. One fan who was apparently ready to watch the action shouted, “Shut the fuck up!” NYC mayor Eric Adams gave speech at MSG before Knicks game. (Laughter in video after… ..... Read More.6 hours ago
- NH Libertarian Party Celebrates MLK Day By Tweeting, ‘America Isn’t In Debt to Black People… I...Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images The Libertarian Party of New Hampshire tweeted and deleted a Martin Luther King Jr. Day post on Monday that – to put in the most charitable terms conceivable – did not exactly meet the moment. It all began when Nikole Hannah-Jones of New York Times Magazine its 1619 Project took exception to an MLK-themed tweet by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL). She quoted part of King’s 1963 “I Have a Dream” speech in which he said, “It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the Negro people a bad check which has come back marked ‘insufficient funds.'” Missing smthg: It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation,… ..... Read More.6 hours ago
- Mehdi Hasan Slams Republicans Who Reduce ‘Socialist’ MLK’s Legacy to ‘One Line in One Speech...MSNBC’s Mehdi Hasan claimed that Republicans who quote or otherwise claim to support the mission of Martin Luther King Jr. are distorting his legacy and ignoring his progressive beliefs. Filling in for Chris Hayes on All In, Hasan slammed former President Ronald Reagan, who signed off on designating Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a holiday, for using his words out of context and to further “right-wing” causes. He then accused modern conservatives of using Reagan’s playbook: Today, conservatives and Republicans who decried MLK during his lifetime for his civil rights activism, his anti-war speeches, and his very open support for socialism and socialist economic policies want to pretend he wasn’t a man of the left, wasn’t a radical who stood up to and loudly critiqued both economic injustice and racial inequity in America. And so they have enthusiastically pushed what Cornel West has called… ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- Joy Reid Equates Republicans with Jim Crow Dixiecrats: ‘Tell Us How Many Jelly Beans are in This J...MSNBC’s Joy Reid compared Republicans who celebrate Martin Luther King Jr., but also oppose President Joe Biden on voting reforms, to segregationists on Monday. On The ReidOut, the host opened her show by sharing a number of statements from prominent elected Republicans from across the country on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Reid said, “Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a day when people who would have stood four square against everything Dr. King fought for — equal rights, civil rights the elimination of poverty, and especially voting rights — soberly repeat that one partial quote they memorized in high school.” She then shared statements from people such as Govs. Greg Abbott (R-TX) and Glenn Youngkin (R-VA) and Sens. Tom Cotton (R-AR), Rand Paul (R-KY) and Marco Rubio (R-FL). Each had quoted King in either in-person remarks or on social media. Reid accused them all of either… ..... Read More.9 hours ago