Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Motorway’s auction platform for second-hand cars raises $67.7M Series B led by Index VenturesMotorway, is a UK startup that allows professional car dealers to bid in an auction for privately-owned cars for sale. The startup has had rapid success by removing a lot of friction in the process. It’s now raised £48m / $67.7m in a Series B round led by Index Ventures, along with new investors BMW i Ventures and Unbound. Existing investors Latitude and Marchmont Ventures also participated. The funding will be used to extend its platform and grow the current 160-strong team. The startup allows consumers to sell their car for up to £1,000, by uploading its details via a smartphone. Over 3,000 professional car dealers then bid for the vehicle in a daily online auction. The highest offer wins the car, which is then collected for free by the winning dealer inside 24 hours. Motorway says it has sold 65,000 cars since its launch in 2017 and seen sales hit £50m… ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Today at E3: Halo returns and Starfield first lookToday at E3: Halo returns and Starfield first look ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Cyber security training platform Immersive Labs closes $75M Series C led by Insight PartnersImmersive Labs, a platform which teaches cyber security skills corporate employees by using real, up-to-date threat intelligence in a “gamified” way, has closed a $75 million Series C funding round led by new investors Insight Partners alongside Menlo Ventures, Citi Ventures and existing investor Goldman Sachs Asset Management. The investment will be used to scale Immersive’s offering in the US and take advantage of the new wave of interest in cyber threats caused by so many people working remotely, post-pandemic. Founded in 2017, Immersive Labs now has 200 people, with joint operations HQs in Bristol, UK, and Boston, US. It plans to raise headcount to over 600 in the next two years and establish operations in new regions throughout APAC and Europe. Immersive’s ‘Cyber Workforce Optimization’ platform claims to offer board-level metrics and benchmarking to gauge how the skills inside organizations are coping. Immersive has now raised a total of… ..... Read More.8 hours ago
- WhatsApp launches privacy campaign after backlashThe head of WhatsApp says governments should "demand more security" as encryption comes under fire. ..... Read More.9 hours ago
- Tech firms use remote monitoring to help honey beesFrom Ireland to Israel, companies are coming to the aid of the environmentally critical insect. ..... Read More.9 hours ago
- Gillmor Gang: Déjà VuThe Gang or a subset did a Clubhouse, longer than a regular show by a good third. The audio only structure lacked the visual cues that distinguish between irony and bad manners, but otherwise it felt familiar if not comfortable. I can’t remember what we talked about, only that I seemed a little more emphatic about my opinions than usual. We recorded the meeting, which is close to what it was. Not really a show, more a rally of a political platform with no policies. A few friends joined in, several listeners drifted in and out. All in all, about what I expected. The following day, I called around to get others’ reactions. Also about what I expected. That evening, someone hosted a Twitter Spaces event that apparently peaked at 22,000 listeners. The subject matter was crypto. I remember walking around below the stage at Woodstock early on the… ..... Read More.9 hours ago