Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- State of the Art: The Rise of the Fat Start-UpA service called Opendoor, which will make an offer on your house sight unseen, illustrates a new breed of start-up and Silicon Valley’s ever-widening ambitions. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- This ultra-twee soft robotic gripper was inspired by Venus flytrapsThe problem with tiny robots, if there can really be said to be one, is that you can’t put enough stuff on them. Cameras and motors don’t shrink down very well, meaning if you want your robot to grab something, you’d better come up with a new way to see it and hold onto it. And that’s just what Finnish researchers have done with this bio-inspired, super-small gripper! Read More ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- WGAW, WGAE Members Ratify New AMPTP Contract2 hours ago
- Riding a Wave of OTT Options2 hours ago
- Flexible retail startup Bulletin raises $2.2MBulletin, the startup that describes itself as “WeWork for retail space,” is announcing that it has raised $2.2 million in seed funding. The idea is to give businesses — particularly online brands — access to brick-and-mortar retail space without the cost or commitment of a traditional lease. Read More ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- New Smart Fortwo EV: fewer dollars, more milesMercedes-Benz announced the price of its new electric 2017 Smart Fortwo: $23,800 for the hard top coupe and $28,000 for the cabrio with a sliding canvas roof. The new cabrio’s price is $1,200 less than the outgoing model, but the cabrio’s price is exactly the same. Besides the price, there are some practical improvements for the new Fortwo EV. There are a few more batteries on… Read More ..... Read More.3 hours ago