Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Video Games Are Better Without StoriesA longstanding dream: Video games will evolve into interactive stories, like the ones that play out fictionally on the Star Trek Holodeck. In this hypothetical future, players could interact with computerized characters as round as those in novels or films, making choices that would influence an ever-evolving plot. It would be like living in a novel, where the player’s actions would have as much of an influence on the story as they might in the real world.It’s an almost impossible bar to reach, for cultural reasons as much as technical ones. One shortcut is an approach called environmental storytelling. Environmental stories invite players to discover and reconstruct a fixed story from the environment itself. Think of it as the novel wresting the real-time, first-person, 3-D graphics engine from the hands of the shooter game. In Disneyland’s Peter Pan’s Flight, for example, dioramas summarize the plot and setting of the film.… ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Google ramps up efforts to expand Indian market – CNETThe tech giant figures speaking more Indian languages will help it reach out to more Indian users. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Free yourself! How to unlock your phone from the icy hands of your wireless carrierDo you want to unlock your phone through your carrier or a third-party service like FonesZone? Regardless of which way you want to go, we've compiled a list of requirements and methods for doing so. The post Free yourself! How to unlock your phone from the icy hands of your wireless carrier appeared first on Digital Trends. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Forget solar panels, experts are making self-charging solar batteries that don’t need th...Scientists are in the early stages of creating a battery that uses molecular solar cells to charge, so it will never need plugging into the mains, or removing from the device it powers, and doesn't have actual solar panels attached. The post Forget solar panels, experts are making self-charging solar batteries that don’t need them appeared first on Digital Trends. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Xiaomi’s quietly ambitious new global boss sets his sights on the US – CNE...The new head of the company's international business doesn't have former exec Hugo Barra's boundless enthusiasm, but instead steers the Xiaomi ship with a calm and steady hand. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Xiaomi phones will be available in the US by 2019 – CNETXiaomi's new global head Wang Xiang lays down a new timeline for the Chinese manufacturer's US plans. ..... Read More.2 hours ago