Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Sunderland businessman’s second wife website ‘benefits women’Azad Chaiwala says the website came about because of his own desire for a "second wife". ..... Read More.10 hours ago
- Winnow raises further $7.4M for its smart kitchen tech that reduces commercial food wasteWinnow, the U.K. startup that has developed smart kitchen tech to help commercial kitchens reduce food waste, continues to be on a roll. It counts the likes of IKEA, Compass Group, and AccorHotels as customers, and estimates its 600-plus clients are saving 4,300 tonnes of food waste annually through the use of the Winnow system. Read More ..... Read More.10 hours ago
- Essential Phone gets a $200 price drop, existing customers get creditEssential has an offer that’s honestly very hard to refuse: The price of the Essential Phone (PH-1, going by technical model number), is now $200 cheaper, so $499 off-contract and unlocked. That’s an amazing price for their debut smartphone, which remains my favorite in terms of straight up industrial design (and it has one of the best color-tuned displays in devices right now in… Read More ..... Read More.11 hours ago
- Defensible strategies for food tech entrepreneurs facing the Amazon juggernautEver since Amazon’s acquisition of Whole Foods became official in August, food tech entrepreneurs have been holding their collective breath in anticipation of what comes next. First prices dropped; now, apparently, they’re on the rise. Without knowing Bezos’ ultimate vision for an Amazon-owned Whole Foods, food tech companies must decide whether and how to compete. I offer… Read More ..... Read More.11 hours ago
- Oliver Cabell raises $1.2 million to slip into the shoe businessOliver Cabell, a Los Angeles-based startup selling bags and other accessories, has raised $1.2 million to slip into the shoe business. The company’s high end canvas and leather bags caused a bit of a stir around TechCrunch’s offices a few years ago (we were too busy using the bags to review them) — and now the company’s ready to try on footwear to see how the new… Read More ..... Read More.12 hours ago
- Advertising: With Literary Support, Xerox Asserts Its Modern RelevanceXerox, in collaboration with the 92nd Street Y, gathered essays from writers like Gary Shteyngart and Joyce Carol Oates to help reinforce its role in the workplace. ..... Read More.12 hours ago