Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Atlassian launches new serverless cloud development platformAtlassian has a portfolio of developer tools like Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence. It also has a marketplace with hundreds of add-ons, but what it lacked was a development platform to call its own. Today, that changed when the company announced the Forge platform. “Forge will empower developers to more easily build and run enterprise-ready cloud apps that integrate with Atlassian products,” the company wrote in a blog post announcing the new tools. The platform consists of three main components. For starters, it’s providing a serverless Function as a Service (FaaS) for developers to build hosted applications on Forge without worrying about the underlying infrastructure resources required to run the applications. The tool is actually built on AWS Lambda, AWS’s FaaS. This should allow more developers to get involved because it strips away a layer of complexity around managing infrastructure. “A FaaS platform also lets us eliminate common pain points… ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Twitter is bringing back Election Labels to identify 2020 U.S. election candidatesWith just under a year until U.S. Election Day, Twitter is bringing back its Election Labels, which provide information about political candidates — including what office they’re running for and their state and district number. The labels will also have a small ballot box icon to accompany this information. The feature was first launched during the 2018 U.S. midterms, where the labels were seen 100 million times per day by Twitter users in the week before Election Day. In addition, 13% of U.S. election-related conversations on Twitter included a tweet with an Election Label, the company says. Now the labels are making a return ahead of the 2020 U.S. elections. The labels will appear on accounts of candidates who are running for the U.S. House of Representatives, U.S. Senate, or Governor in the 2020 election who have qualified for the general election ballot, says Twitter. And they will begin… ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Rocket Lab cuts the ribbon on its US launch facility, with the Air Force as its first cust...Launch provider Rocket Lab has opened the doors on LC-2, its first launch facility in the U.S., adding capacity and versatility for providing trips to orbit. And LC-2 already has its first customer: the U.S. Air Force’s Space Test Program. The company had a little shindig today at the facility, located on Wallops Island in Virginia — home to NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility as well. There they took the wrapper off LC-2, which has been under construction since it was announced last October. The team breaks ground back in 2018. It’s not some wild new concept, just a typical launchpad and support facilities where the rockets live, get checked, fueled, and so on. The most important difference with this one, for Rocket Lab, is that it’s here in the U.S.; So far, all its 10 commercial launches have been from Launch Complex 1 in New Zealand, where the company… ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- There’s a stitched rose garden in this Rolls-Royce Phantom – RoadshowAnd it took one million stitches. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Best Nintendo Switch deals for 2019: Switch Lite for $180, Switch v2 with $20 to $30 in cr...That's $15 to $20 less than everywhere else. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Stylish wine and whiskey decanters for every occasion – CNETForm and function for every price point and personality. ..... Read More.2 hours ago