Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Bag Week 2018: Mission Workshop’s Radian rolltop starts simple but grows piece by pieceWelcome to Bag Week 2018. Every year your faithful friends at TechCrunch spend an entire week looking at bags. Why? Because bags — often ignored but full of our important electronics — are the outward representations of our techie styles, and we put far too little thought into where we keep our most prized possessions. I’ve always been wary of modular, rail-based bag systems. They’ve always struck me as rather military and imposing, which I suppose is kind of the point. Even Mission Workshop, whose other bags I have always enjoyed, put out one that seemed to me excessive. But they’ve tempered their style a bit and put out the Radian, a solid middle ground between their one-piece and modular systems. The Radian is clearly aimed at the choosy, pack-loving traveler who eschews roller bags for aesthetic — which describes me to a tee. Strictly rolltop bags (originating in cyclist… ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- YouTube launches paid subscription membership, merch shelves – CNETMore ways to get paid. ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Moto Z3 Play brings the battery back for $500, or $450 with Amazon Prime – CNETThe Moto Z3 Play and Moto G6 Play are now available for pre-order as Prime Exclusive phones. ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- YouTube introduces channel memberships, merchandise and premieresYouTube creators are gaining a number of new tools to generate revenue from their videos outside of traditional advertising, as well as those that will help them better engage their fans, according to news the video streaming site announced today at the VidCon conference in Anaheim, California. This includes the rollout of channel memberships, merchandising, marketing partnerships via FameBit, and the launch of “Premieres,” which offers a middle ground between pre-recorded, edited video and live streaming. Memberships Before today, YouTube had offered a Twitch-like “Sponsorship” model on YouTube Gaming. This gave fans the ability to sponsor a channel for $4.99 per month, which also gave them access to exclusive digital goods, like a custom badge and emoji. YouTube started testing this program across its larger video network last fall, it said. Those tests led to YouTube channel memberships. Unlike on YouTube gaming, Channel memberships have additional requirements. Creators will need to… ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Apple wants four Qualcomm patents declared invalid – CNETIn the latest move in the legal spat between the companies, Apple has turned to the US Patent and Trademark Office. ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Valve’s new ‘Knuckles’ VR controller knows where your fingers are – CNETValve tells CNET it'll announce shipping info "soon." ..... Read More.4 hours ago