Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Facebook aims to shake up finance with its Libra cryptocurrency – CNETThe social network’s new cryptocurrency could fuel its e-commerce ambitions. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Everything you need to know about Facebook’s Libra cryptocurrency – CNETThe social network is a founding member of a consortium that's designing a global digital coin. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- The rise of the gig economy helps London-based insurtech Zego to raise $42MA couple of years ago London-based startup Zego realised gig-economy workers would need insurance, and went on to raise a very healthy £6 million in Series A funding, led by Balderton Capital. Its first products were pay-as-you-go scooter and car insurance for food delivery workers. It’s now announced a $42million raise in one of the largest funding rounds for a European insurtech start-up, in a Series B investment was led by pan-European investment firm Target Global, specialists in the fintech and mobility space, with other backers including TransferWise founder Taavet Hinrikus. The proceeds will be used to for Zego’s expansion across Europe and to increase the workforce from 75 to 150. The raise takes the firm to a Toal of $51million in funding, with new investors Latitude joining existing backers Balderton Capital and Tom Stafford of DST Global. The investment comes as the company claims a whopping 900% growth over… ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Instagram boss Adam Mosseri: ‘We can’t solve bullying on our own’The company's boss Adam Mosseri tells Radio 1 Newsbeat he wants Instagram to be "less pressurised". ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Fairjungle is a modern take on corporate travel managementFrench startup Fairjungle wants to make it easier to book a flight or a hotel room for corporate purposes. The company just raised a $2 million funding round (€1.8 million) from Thibaud Elzière, Eduardo Ronzano, Bertrand Mabille and Whitestones Ventures. If you work for a big company, chances are you book corporate flights through GBT, CWT or BCD Travel. And let’s be honest, the web interface usually sucks. It’s often hard to compare flights, change dates or even get a fair price. Fairjungle is betting on a modern user experience and a software-as-a-service business model to change this industry. The idea is to make it feel more like you’re using a flight comparison service instead of a travel agency with a website. “The value proposition [of legacy competitors] was historically around finding the best travel options for the business traveler, which has become obsolete today when you have tools like… ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Wacom Bamboo Ink Plus adds tilt, rechargeable battery to its repertoire – CNETWacom's second generation of its Windows Ink stylus offers some refinements that should make it better and more reliable than before. ..... Read More.6 hours ago