Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- E-commerce platform Whitebox raises $18MWhitebox, a startup that manages e-commerce logistics and fulfillment for a variety for brands, has raised $18 million in Series B funding. While discussing the new funding, CEO Marcus Startzel repeated a point he made after Whitebox raised its $5 million Series A last year — that the startup is differentiated by combining tools for managing e-commerce listings across a variety of marketplaces with the ability to store and ship products from its own warehouse spaces across the United States. “We really saw an opportunity for a platform that could both sell stuff and move stuff,” Startzel said. However, he suggested that more recently, “The thing that really shined for us through this period has been third layer of that platform, which is our decisioning layer.” That’s the layer that allows brands to use data to answer questions like, “Should I fulfill this big wholesale order or hold inventory… ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Google removes Uluru virtual walk from Street ViewParks Australia had requested user-generated images from the sacred site be immediately removed. ..... Read More.4 hours ago
- Facebook ‘Supreme Court’ to begin work before US Presidential voteThe company's oversight board - which can overrule Mark Zuckerberg - begins work in mid-October. ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Sequel to hit game Among Us cancelledThe developers of the space-themed mystery game now say they want to focus on making the original better. ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- NHS Covid-19 app: England and Wales get smartphone contact tracing for over-16sUsers are being urged to install the app to protect themselves and others against the resurgent virus. ..... Read More.17 hours ago
- Reddit Squashed QAnon by AccidentTwo years ago, most Americans knew nothing about QAnon, the ever-growing, diffuse, and violent movement devoted to a loosely connected set of conspiracy theories, most of which tie back to the idea that Donald Trump is leading a holy war against a high-powered cabal of child traffickers, some of whom drink blood. But at the time, it was a massive problem on Reddit, where conspiracy-minded members of the Trump-themed subreddit r/The_Donald had long stoked theories such as Pizzagate, and where a QAnon subreddit called r/TheGreatAwakening had racked up 70,000 subscribers, some of whom posted hundreds of times..Last week, new polling showed that nearly half of Americans have now heard of QAnon. But on Reddit, the movement no longer has any meaningful presence.Reddit is where QAnon first went to attract a mass audience when it left the dark, unnavigable threads of 4chan, and Reddit is where it found a new group… ..... Read More.22 hours ago