Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- IoT ‘conversation’ and ambient contextualityA few years back, I wrote about the way we communicate with our technology. It was obvious even then that a big game-changer would be enabling a reliable conversational interaction with technology in order to overcome the friction humans experience when we use our modern tools, be they apps, phones, cars or semi-autonomous coffee makers. Too much typing and swiping and app management crowds our experiences with our connected “things.” To some degree, this game-changer has come to pass. Voice interaction is now a big part of technology interface in everything from smartphones to virtual assistant/smart speaker products to connected home and vehicle solutions — and so it will be going forward. While this is marked progress, it is not really “conversation.” For the most part, the state of voice interaction is more akin to commanding a four-year-old to do your bidding than having a useful, rich conversation with a friend or… ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Digit’s first move beyond saving money is a feature to pay down credit card debtDigit, the developer of a wildly popular automatic savings mobile app, is moving beyond its core business with a new feature enabling users to pay down credit card debt from their Digit account. Announced earlier today the new Digit Pay service, which uses savings in a Digit account to pay off credit card debt for any registered account. The new feature works by enabling users to create a “credit card debt” goal in their Digit settings and activate the Digit Pay service. Digit automatically will begin to save money from a linked checking account — and use those funds to pay off credit cards. Credit card payments can even be prioritized through Digit’s boost feature. So far, the Digit app has been used to save roughly $1 billion for its customers according to chief executive officer Ethan Bloch . Bloch says that Digit has been focused on solving the… ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- New numbers illustrate how fast fundraising has changed for young startupsFundraising is never easy, but it’s even harder when the goal posts are being moved around. Such is the challenge facing today’s youngest startups, which are looking at very different fundraising metrics than new startups did just six or seven years ago. We explored the issue yesterday with Peter Wagner, who spent more than 14 years with Accel as a managing partner before cofounding the early-stage firm Wing Venture Capital in 2013 with another veteran investor, Gaurav Garg, formerly of Sequoia Capital. Wagner has an obvious interest in how rounds are changing. Wing has to know how much is reasonable to expect to invest in a company, even while it prefers to invest in companies that don’t yet have revenue or customers. In a competitive funding landscape, its now four-person investing team is also looking to raise the firm’s profile by publishing smart industry research, including, not so long ago, on the… ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Otterbox drops Avengers: Infinity War phone cases ahead of movie opening – CNETOtterBox's Avengers: Infinity War Symmetry and Defender Series cases are available for the latest iPhones and Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Cambridge Analytica: We didn’t use Facebook data in Trump campaign – CNETThe company says it didn't use improperly handled data on millions of Facebook users in the 2016 election because of its "effective uselessness." ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Garlic bread sent to edge of space comes back less appetizing – CNETBallooning a chunk of garlic bread into the stratosphere probably won't become the next hot culinary trend. ..... Read More.3 hours ago