Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- This Week in Apps: Apple launches a COVID-19 app, the outbreak’s impact on social and vi...Welcome back to This Week in Apps, the Extra Crunch series that recaps the latest OS news, the applications they support and the money that flows through it all. The app industry saw a record 204 billion downloads and $120 billion in consumer spending in 2019, according to App Annie’s “State of Mobile” annual report. People are now spending 3 hours and 40 minutes per day using apps, rivaling TV. Apps aren’t just a way to pass idle hours — they’re a big business. In 2019, mobile-first companies had a combined $544 billion valuation, 6.5x higher than those without a mobile focus. In this Extra Crunch series, we help you keep up with the latest news from the world of apps, delivered on a weekly basis. This week, we’re continuing our special coverage of how the COVID-19 outbreak is impacting apps and the wider mobile app industry as more COVID-19… ..... Read More.1 day ago
- Coronavirus lockdown: Clubbers go online for musicWith the coronavirus lockdown bringing normal nightlife to an end, some enterprising DJs are going online. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- A 3D-printed ventilator designed for Spain’s coronavirus patientsA team took a week to design an emergency-use ventilator out of 3D-printed parts ..... Read More.2 days ago
- The cello playing robot and other tech newsBBC Click's Paul Carter looks at some of the best tech stories of the week. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- Coronavirus: Tesla donates hundreds of ventilators to New YorkNew York has the highest number of coronavirus cases in the US and a shortage of ventilators. ..... Read More.2 days ago
- Coronavirus: Peak District drone police criticised for ‘lockdown shaming’Derbyshire Police is accused of "nanny policing" after sharing aerial shots of Peak District walkers. ..... Read More.2 days ago