Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Nissan stakes its EV future on the 300-mile range Ariya crossoverNissan unveiled today the Ariya, an all-electric SUV with an estimated 300 miles of range and a starting price tag of $40,000 that marks the beginning of a four-year plan aiming for growth and profitability. The Nissan Ariya will first be sold in Japan in mid-2021, before heading to dealerships in the U.S. and Canada later in the year, the company said in digital event in Yokohama, Japan. The unveiling is a milestone for a company that has been embroiled in controversy for more than year, following the arrest and subsequent escape of Carlos Ghosn, the former chairman of the Nissan Group and the Renault–Nissan–Mitsubishi Alliance. Image Credits: Nissan It’s also the first all-electric to come out of Nissan since the early EV pioneer introduced the Leaf hatchback a decade ago. Nissan was an early EV pioneer and has sold nearly 500,000 Leaf vehicles since 2010. But any early… ..... Read More.7 hours ago
- Layer gets $5.6M to make joint working on spreadsheets less hassleLayer is not trying to replace Excel or Google Sheets. Instead the Berlin-based productivity startup wants to make life easier for those whose job entails wrangling massive spreadsheets and managing data inputs from across an organization — such as for budgeting, financial reporting or HR functions — by adding a granular control access layer on top. The idea for a ‘SaaS to supercharge spreadsheets’ came to the co-founders as a result of their own experience of workflow process pain-points at the place they used to work, as is often the case with productivity startups. “Constantin [Schünemann] and I met at Helpling, the marketplace for cleaning services, where I was the company’s CFO and I had to deal with spreadsheets on a daily level,” explains co-founder Moritz ten Eikelder. “There was one particular reference case for what we’re building here — the update of the company’s financial model and business case… ..... Read More.8 hours ago
- OnlyFans: ‘I started selling sexy photos online after losing my job’The number of people signing up to sell adult content online has spiked during coronavirus. ..... Read More.13 hours ago
- Could the US or UK be the next countries to ban TikTok?With the short-video app already banned in India, Sophia Smith Galer looks at whether the UK or the US could be next. ..... Read More.14 hours ago
- Huawei 5G kit must be removed from UK by 2027The government is also banning telecoms firms from buying new Huawei 5G kit after 31 December. ..... Read More.16 hours ago
- Rare Super Mario becomes highest-selling video gameThe auctioned game, still in its original 1985 packaging, sold to an anonymous bidder for $114,000. ..... Read More.20 hours ago