Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Boston Dynamics debuts the production version of SpotMiniLast year at our TC Sessions: Robotics conference, Boston Dynamics announced that SpotMini will be its first commercially available product. A revamped version of the product would use the company’s decades of quadrupedal robotics learnings as a basis for a robot designed to patrol office spaces. At today’s event, founder and CEO Marc Raibert took to the stage to debut the production version of the electric robot. As noted last year, the company plans to produce around 100 models this year. Raibert said that the company is aiming to start production in July or August. There are robots coming off the assembly line now, but they are betas being used for testing, and the company is still doing redesigns. Pricing details will be announced this summer. New things about the SpotMini as it moves closer to production include redesigned components to make it more reliable, skins that work better… ..... Read More.12 hours ago
- Homecoming review: Beyoncé brings fireworks to Netflix – CNETBeychella will stand the test of time as the definitive and declarative Beyoncé performance, and now we can witness history being made in our homes. ..... Read More.12 hours ago
- All Marvel franchises ranked, from Avengers to Daredevil – CNETHow do the X-Men movies stack up to Iron Man, Spider-Man and *shudder* Ghost Rider? Just so happens we made a list. ..... Read More.12 hours ago
- Galaxy S8, LG V35 and V30 flagship phones now available for under $400 – CNETWe found three older flagship phones with top of the line features that come with a bargain price. ..... Read More.12 hours ago
- Netflix to open a production hub in New York and invest up to $100 million in the cityStart spreading the news. Netflix is coming to New York City in a big way. The streaming media service has committed to invest up to $100 million to build a production hub and hire hundreds of new staffers in the Big Apple, according to a statement from Governor Andrew M. Cuomo. Netflix’s new production hub will include an expanded Manhattan office and six sound stages in Brooklyn that could bring in hundreds of executive positions and thousands of production crew jobs to New York within the next five years, according to a statement from the Empire State Development Corp. “New York has created a film-friendly environment that’s home to some of the best creative and executive talent in the world, and we’re excited to provide a place for them at Netflix with our production hub,” said Jason Hariton, Director of Worldwide Studio Operations & Real Estate at Netflix, in… ..... Read More.13 hours ago
- Russian hacked ‘at least one’ Florida county prior to 2016 electionRussian operatives successfully targeted and hacked “at least one” Florida county government in the run up to the 2016 U.S. presidential election, according to new findings by the Special Counsel Robert Mueller. The report, published Thursday by the Justice Department, said the county was targeted by the Russian intelligence service, known as the GRU. The hackers sent spearphishing emails to more than 120 email accounts used by county officials responsible for administering the election, the report said. According to the findings: In August 2016, GRU officers targeted employees of [REDACTED], a voting technology company that developed software used by numerous U.S. counties to manage voter rolls, and installed malware on the company network… the spearphishing emails contained an attached Word document coded with malicious software (commonly referred to as a Trojan) that permitted the GRU to access the infected computer. The findings are a significant development from previous reporting that said… ..... Read More.13 hours ago