Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Get to know the CNET family: Q&A with Katie Collins – CNETMeet our UK reporter who loves CNET so much she worked for our site twice! ..... Read More.8 hours ago
- These high-speed ‘nano-cranes’ could form molecular assembly linesThings aren’t going well down at the ol’ nano-factory. They’re having trouble getting all those tiny workers to synchronize and move quickly together. But leave it to the Germans to get things running smoothly! All it took was a careful application of that newfangled technology “electricity.” Tiny nano-scale machines formed from DNA could be the future of… Read More ..... Read More.8 hours ago
- Tim Cook: I keep my tween nephew away from social networks – CNETCommentary: Speaking to students in the UK, the Apple CEO also says learning coding is more important than learning a foreign language. ..... Read More.8 hours ago
- Facebook to Prioritize ‘Trusted,’ ‘Quality’ News..... Read More.8 hours ago
- Sundance doc Our New President presents psychedelic vision of US election through a fake n...9 hours ago
- NASA’s Lovely Tribute to the Teacher Who Perished on ChallengerIn the summer of 1985, Christa McAuliffe was preparing to fly aboard the space shuttle Challenger to become the first private citizen in space. McAuliffe had been selected from more than 11,400 applicants for the government’s Teacher in Space program. While in orbit, she planned to film science lessons that would be distributed to classrooms around the country after she returned.McAuliffe was never able to carry out those plans. The 37-year-old social-studies teacher and her six crewmates were killed during liftoff at Cape Canaveral in Florida in 1986. But now, a pair of NASA astronauts are hoping to finish what McAuliffe started.Joe Acaba and Ricky Arnold will carry out some of McAuliffe’s original lesson plans on the International Space Station over the next several months. Acaba announced the news during a video call Friday with students at Framingham State University in Massachusetts, where McAuliffe graduated in 1970.“We look forward to… ..... Read More.9 hours ago