Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- New Yorkers Fume Over News de Blasio May Run For Congress: ‘No no no no no no no no….’The New York Post’s Bernadette Hogan reported on Tuesday that former New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is eyeing a run for New York’s newly drawn 10th Congressional District. De Blasio reportedly spoke with New York state Assemblyman Simcha Eichenstein and told him that “he is committed to running in the race.” “He’s in, he’s running — he’s calling people,” said Eichenstein, according to The Post. “Based on the conversation that I had with him earlier today, he is running for Congress in the new NY-10 Congressional District,” Eichenstein added. Vanity Fair’s Chris Smith wrote about de Blasio’s “lukewarm legacy” in December 2021 as the term-limited mayor was on his way out of office. “The outgoing mayor’s stubbornness produced a string of controversies—including around fundraising, and his visits to the Park Slope YMCA. He fumbled police reform, observers say. But with time, his tenure might look a lot… ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Rand Paul Concerned About ‘Sexually Promiscuous’ Coked-Up Quails Getting Federal FundingSen. Rand Paul (R-KY) revived one of his favorite talking points about runaway federal spending on Tuesday – the one about coke-fueled sex among Japanese quails. Speaking on the Senate floor in opposition to a $40 billion aid package to help Ukraine in its fight against Russia, the senator suggested existing federal funds be diverted to pay for it. Instead, he stated, the money consists of new spending. “If the defense of Ukraine is really in our national security interests, shouldn’t the gift come from our military budget?” Paul asked. “What about cutting wasteful spending? My office cataloged over $50 billion in waste.” Paul referenced several unusual spending items, including money to fund studies on selfies, Panamanian frogs, and sneezing in cafeterias. Then came the crème de la crème. “Couldn’t we maybe cut the money spent on Japanese quail studying whether or not they’re more… ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Scorched Earth, Plane Wrong, Carlson Letter | Winners & Losers in Today’s Green RoomTHE DAILY NEWSLETTER – THURSDAY, MAY 17, 2022 MEDIA WINNER: Patrick Beverley Minnesota Timberwolves star Patrick Beverley went off on Chris Paul on Monday, saying the Phoenix Suns all-star point guard “can’t guard nobody.” Appearing on ESPN’s Get Up on Monday, one day after the Suns were humiliated in Game 7 of the NBA Semifinals against the Dallas Mavericks in Phoenix, Beverley blasted Paul. “Ain’t nobody worried about Chris Paul when they play Phoenix Suns,” said Beverley. “Ain’t nobody in the NBA.” Beverley went on to say that Paul “gets all the petty calls, all the swipe throughs at the end” and that “he should’ve fouled out.” “He should’ve fouled out. The last game too,” he continued, lamenting Paul making contact with players that should’ve been called a foul. He should’ve fouled out. He can’t guard. He literally can’t guard.” “CP can’t guard nobody man.… ..... Read More.1 week ago
- WATCH: Tucker Carlson Whined About Pete Davidson’s Dan Crenshaw Eyepatch Joke Years Before Making ...Tucker Carlson was against blasting Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) for wearing an eyepatch to cover up an injury sustained while serving in the U.S. military, long before he was for it. Carlson grabbed headlines after he insulted the Texas Republican Monday evening. However, it did not take long before a video was unearthed that showed the Fox News host slamming someone on the left for doing that very thing. On Tucker Carlson Tonight, he targeted Crenshaw’s stance on Russia’s war in eastern Europe. He called him “eyepatch McCain” — a glib reference to the late Sen. John McCain who also suffered from long-term injuries sustained while fighting for the United States. “You know, the more I think about it, it takes a lot of gall for or eyepatch McCain to attack moms who are worried about baby formula as pro-Russia,” he told former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI). Crenshaw had recently told Fox… ..... Read More.1 week ago
- WATCH: Former Chicago Bear Injures Himself Badly During Livestream WorkoutLeon Halip/Getty Images A freak accident during a livestream workout Tuesday may have left a former Chicago Bear Tarik Cohen in the dumps after he fell to the ground in a heap of pain during a drill, clutching at his right leg. Cohen, currently a free agent, spent four seasons with the Chicago Bears, the last on the reserve/physically unable to perform list, recovering from a different injury (torn ACL) sustained in 2020. He was released in March by the organization. Take a look at the scary video as you can literally hear something pop in Cohen’s leg. This sucks. Free agent RB Tarik Cohen seems to have suffered a pretty bad injury while working out on Instagram Live. Poor guy can’t catch a break. pic.twitter.com/zysFSHxKeQ — uSTADIUM (@uSTADIUM) May 17, 2022 Ouch, not good. The all-purpose running back had been a key contributor for the Bears… ..... Read More.1 week ago
- Johnny Depp and the Dark Side of Celebrity FandomA shadow box above Rebecca’s dining-room table, hanging there since 2006, displays an autographed copy of the Pirates of the Caribbean script—signed by Keira Knightley, Orlando Bloom, and Johnny Depp. Though Rebecca, at age 36, is emphatically no longer a Depp fan, she said she keeps the script on her wall as a conversation starter. If someone asks about it, maybe she’ll go into the full story, rather than pretending she never liked Depp. “Also it’s not like it’s his smug little face,” she told me.That face is everywhere right now, on account of Depp’s ongoing and highly public lawsuit against his ex-wife Amber Heard. The case is complicated, and the testimony is rife with sordid, disturbing details. In short, Depp has taken Heard to court for defamation over a 2018 essay she published in The Washington Post that identified her as a victim of domestic abuse and sexual violence.… ..... Read More.1 week ago