Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Covid cases continue to flatten with just 10% increase over last month as US records 3,393 deathsOn Thursday, the U.S. recorded 157,957 cases of Covid with a seven-day average of 140,567, a 10% rise from the 137,058 average one month ago, but a decline from the 212% rise seen in August. ..... Read More.22 mins ago
- Apple and Google under fire for political meddling as they both remove Navalny’s app under pre...Allies of opposition leader Alexei Navalny, President Vladimir Putin's fiercest domestic opponent, planned to use the mobile app to organise a tactical voting campaign to deal a blow to United Russia. ..... Read More.24 mins ago
- Plane departs Kabul for Doha carrying 170 foreigners and AfghansThe third chartered flight bringing civilians from Afghanistan to Qatar since U.S. forces withdrew last month took off on Friday with around 170 passengers on board, including U.S. and European citizens as well as Afghans, a Qatari official said. ..... Read More.24 mins ago
- The FDA is expected to vote on booster shots today. The decision will affect all three vaccines auth........ Read More.25 mins ago
- Web host Epik was warned of a critical website bug weeks before it was hackedHackers associated with the hacktivist collective Anonymous say they have leaked gigabytes of data from Epik, a web host and domain registrar that provides services to far-right sites like Gab, Parler and 8chan, which found refuge in Epik after they were booted from mainstream platforms. In a statement attached to a torrent file of the dumped data this week, the group said the 180 gigabytes amounts to a “decade’s worth” of company data, including “all that’s needed to trace actual ownership and management” of the company. The group claimed to have customer payment histories, domain purchases and transfers, and passwords, credentials, and employee mailboxes. The cache of stolen data also contains files from the company’s internal web servers, and databases that contain customer records for domains that are registered with Epik. The hackers did not say how they obtained the breached data or when the hack took place, but timestamps… ..... Read More.27 mins ago
- Final Emmy Predictions: ‘Ted Lasso,’ ‘The Crown’ Feel Like Locks, While Limited Series Is a ...There will almost certainly be several winners clutching their first-ever Emmys the night of Sept. 19 — some of whom are practically shoo-ins, like “Ted Lasso” star Jason Sudeikis, who had never been nominated before this year. (Actually, that’s true of his fellow “Ted Lasso” co-stars as well.) Others have been nominated before but are […] ..... Read More.28 mins ago