Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Northwestern Suspends SAE Fraternity, 5 Weeks After Loyola DidCHICAGO (CBS) — Five weeks after being suspended from Loyola University Chicago, the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity chapter at Northwestern University has been barred from campus. The suspension also comes about three weeks after school officials closed an investigation into an alleged sexual assault at the Evanston frat house, and marks the latest in a series of controversies surrounding SAE chapters across the country in recent years. According to Northwestern spokesman Bob Rowley, SAE had been on probation for serving alcohol to minors at a party last fall, and was prohibited from hosting any gatherings during the 2017 calendar year. “With blatant disregard for the terms of that probation, SAE planned and hosted social events with alcohol in January 2017,” Rowley said in an email. Administrators on Friday suspended the chapter from campus until Sept. 1, 2018. A spokesman for SAE’s national organization, which is based in Evanston, did not… ..... Read More.11 mins ago
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration deathMILWAUKEE (AP) — Prosecutors say Milwaukee County Jail officers cut off an inmate’s water for seven consecutive days before the man died of dehydration. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://bit.ly/2ptGUYv ) reports that Assistant District Attorney Kurt Bentley told jurors at an inquest Monday that Terrill Thomas was mentally unstable and unable to ask for help […] ..... Read More.12 mins ago
- Notre Dame philosopher Alvin Plantinga wins Templeton PrizeSOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Retired University of Notre Dame philosophy professor Alvin Plantinga has won one of the world’s leading religion prizes. Plantinga, whose writings over half a century made belief in god or a divine reality a serious option within academic philosophy, was announced Tuesday as the winner of the 2017 Templeton Prize. […] ..... Read More.13 mins ago
- Former US Ambassador Samantha Power writing a memoirNEW YORK (AP) — Former U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power is writing a memoir about her transition from Pulitzer Prize-winning critic of foreign policy to a leading government official. Dey Street Books, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishing, told The Associated Press on Tuesday it had acquired “The Education of an Idealist.” A release date hasn’t yet […] ..... Read More.16 mins ago
- Former Fox News anchor Nauert named State Dept. spokespersonThe State Department named former Fox News journalist Heather Nauert as its official spokesperson. ..... Read More.17 mins ago
- To prevent a shutdown, Trump begins an…18 mins ago