Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Drug companies fail to reach settlement ahead of opioid crisis trialSix drug companies accused in thousands of lawsuits over their role in the nation's opioid epidemic failed to reach a settlement with governments across the country, setting the stage for a high-profile trial Monday. ..... Read More.51 mins ago
- Chicago’s top cop was drinking before officers found him asleep on his car, mayor sa...Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson had "a couple of drinks with dinner" before he was found asleep on his car, the mayor says. ..... Read More.54 mins ago
- Football player surprises his step-dad with a new jerseyOffensive lineman George Grimwade is a force on the football field. So when he decided to surprise his step-dad by changing his last name, he made sure to change his jersey too. Steve Hartman has their story on the road. ..... Read More.57 mins ago
- Indonesia’s Widodo faces daunting goals in final termJAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — In fisherman Saimin’s fly-strewn riverside slum, less than an hour’s drive from Indonesia’s presidential palace, much of the age-old problems President Joko Widodo has promised to fix are a stark day-to-day reality. Well-paved avenues crisscrossing the capital, Jakarta, end at the entryway to his squalid fish port village, where ramshackle huts […] ..... Read More.60 mins ago
- 10/18/19: CBSN Evening NewsMattis and McRaven roast Pres. Trump; Fmr. Football player changes last name to honor stepdad. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Suicide attempts among black teens increase at alarming ratesDeaths by suicide have increased among young people in recent years, according to new data released by the Centers for Disease Control. But a different study published this week in the journal Pediatrics shows suicide attempts are specifically increasing among black teens, despite decreasing among all other racial groups. Lead researcher of the study Michael A. Lindsey, PhD, joined CBSN to discuss his findings. ..... Read More.1 hour ago