Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- DC enacts emergency regulations to stop migrant kids shelterWASHINGTON (AP) — Washington, D.C., has enacted emergency regulations to stop the federal government’s plan to house unaccompanied migrant children there. The Washington Post reports the regulations by Mayor Muriel E. Bowser’s administration were adopted Friday and prohibit licensing facilities housing more than 15 residents. They also require the director of the city’s child welfare […] ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Venezuela crisis: President Maduro admits secret talks with USPresident Maduro says he has been talking to US officials even as new sanctions were planned. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Spain: Island wildfire eases, lets evacuees return homeMADRID (AP) — Authorities in the Canary Islands say cooler temperatures and weaker winds are helping firefighters to progress in bringing Spain’s biggest wildfire so far this year under control, permitting just under half of the more than 10,000 people evacuated to return home. The islands’ emergency service tweeted Wednesday that the “favorable development of […] ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- McCain’s family fights to define legacy of civility, serviceWASHINGTON (AP) — John McCain’s family is asking Americans to reach out to one another and agree to disagree in honor of the late senator’s commitment to civility in public life. The family is making the request near the anniversary of McCain’s death from brain cancer. It’s part of the family’s effort to define his […] ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Here’s what it could cost for America to buy GreenlandGreenland insists it's not for sale, despite President Donald Trump musing about buying it. But just how much could the world's largest island be worth to America? ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Coal workers fight for benefits as industry struggles under TrumpCoal workers have been among the president's strongest supporters, but their pensions remain at risk as industry barons thrive. ..... Read More.1 hour ago