Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Japan’s PM Suga arrives in Indonesia to affirm deeper tiesJAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Japan’s Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga arrived Tuesday in Indonesia on the second leg of his first overseas trip as premier to underscore his government’s aims of countering China in the region. Suga arrived from Vietnam in the middle of a four-day ..... Read More.44 mins ago
- ‘A lot of the beach is gone’: erosion closes Byron Bay’s main beachAuthorities step up sandbagging amid drop of several metres from top of crumbling dunes down to the beach in NSW tourist town Australia’s famous Byron Bay beach has been closed to swimmers and surfers as authorities carry out emergency sandbagging to prevent further damaging erosion. Escalating ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- China revamps a law that now bans ‘addictive’ content online to protect kidsTo ensure that minors have a safe and controlled experience on the internet, China's top legislature has voted to amend a law recently. The law says that no internet product or service provider will be able to offer children anything that may lead to addiction. According to a report by state-owned news agency Xinhua, online services, which include gaming, live streaming, audio and video uploading, and ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Philippines President Duterte says he can be held responsible for drug killingsManila, Philippines: The Philippine president has said he has no problem with being held responsible for the many killings under his anti-drugs crackdown, adding that he was ready to face charges that could land him in jail, though not charges of crimes against humanity. President Rodrigo Duterte's televised remarks Monday night were among his clearest acknowledgement of the prospects that he could face a deluge of criminal charges for the bloody campaign he launched after taking office in mid-2016. Nearly 6,000 killings of drug suspects ..... Read More.3 hours ago
- Jeff Bridges: Oscar-winning US actor reveals he has lymphomaThe Big Lebowski actor acknowledges it "is a serious disease" but says his prognosis is good. ..... Read More.5 hours ago
- Rule change: Donald Trump and Joe Biden will be muted for parts of this week’s final debateThis time, the candidates will get the silent treatment. The microphones of President Donald Trump and Joe Biden will be muted during portions of the final presidential debate Thursday, the organisers said late Monday, in an unusual effort to avoid the unruly spectacle of the candidates' first meeting in Cleveland last month. The debate's rules remain the same: Each candidate will be allotted two minutes to initially answer the moderator's questions. But the Commission on Presidential Debates said it would turn off each candidate's audio feed while his rival had the floor. Once each candidate has delivered his two-minute reply, Trump and Biden, the Democratic nominee, will be allowed to ..... Read More.5 hours ago