Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Jury sides with California university in fight over breeding the perfect strawberrySAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Jury sides with California university in fight over breeding the perfect strawberry . ..... Read More.14 mins ago
- Trump wants $108M for deeper ports; Corps adds $56M boostSAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — President Donald Trump wants $108 million to help two U.S. seaports deepen their harbors, while ports not included on his wish list will still benefit from a $56 million boost already approved by Congress. Ports across the U.S. East and Gulf coasts are racing to accommodate bigger cargo ships now arriving […] ..... Read More.15 mins ago
- Manchester terror attack: UK officials ‘furious’ over investigation leaks from...British Prime Minister Theresa May will meet with President Trump on the sidelines of this week's NATO Summit in Brussels to discuss a series of leaks related to the investigation into Monday's deadly terror attack in Manchester, England. ..... Read More.18 mins ago
- UN envoy: South Sudan seeing military action as rains arriveUNITED NATIONS (AP) — The U.N. envoy for South Sudan says the conflict-torn African country is seeing significant military action and the last push to position combatant forces because the rainy season has arrived and roads will soon become unpassable for about four months. David Shearer told the U.N. Security Council that while the rains […] ..... Read More.20 mins ago
- Alton Sterling’s family seeks officers’ immediate dismissalNEW ORLEANS (AP) — The family of Alton Sterling is demanding the immediate firing of the two officers involved in the man’s death. In a letter Wednesday to Baton Rouge Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome and Baton Rouge Police Chief Carl Dabadie Jr., attorneys contend the officers violated the police department’s policy regarding de-escalation. It specifically […] ..... Read More.24 mins ago
- UC Berkeley professor fired nearly two years after sexual harassment claims substantiatedDismissal of Blake Wentworth – who sued the women who filed the harassment complaints – marks a rare instance of termination for sexual misconductThe University of California has fired a professor who was accused of sexually harassing multiple students, nearly two years after campus investigators first concluded he had made unwanted advances and violated school policies.The dismissal of assistant professor Blake Wentworth – who sued the women who filed harassment complaints against him – marks a rare instance of termination of a faculty member accused of sexual misconduct at the prestigious public university. Continue reading... ..... Read More.25 mins ago