Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Kirill Serebrennikov: Russian protesters demand director’s releaseProtesters in Russia believe the charges against director Kirill Serebrennikov are political. ..... Read More.6 mins ago
- Opinion: Why ESPN and Robert Lee are rightIn the testosterone-laced world of sports, sometimes your name means everything. Think not? I've seen men beaten by mobs just for having the gall to scream out "let's go Cowboys" at an Eagles game. Think of all the racial epithets we've heard, of how one football player, Colin Kaepernick, silently taking a knee during the national anthem in personal protest of injustice in America has divided the nation. ..... Read More.13 mins ago
- Chicago Police Superintendent getting new kidney from sonCHICAGO (AP) — Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson is poised to receive a new kidney — from his son. The superintendent who disclosed in January after suffering a public dizzy spell that he’s on a waiting list for a kidney transplant told reporters on Wednesday that 25-year-old Daniel Johnson would be the donor of the […] ..... Read More.19 mins ago
- Dutch police detain driver of Spanish van near cancelled gigTHE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — Police in the Dutch port city of Rotterdam detained the driver of a van with Spanish license plates and a number of gas tanks inside after a concert by an American rock band was cancelled Wednesday night following a threat, the city’s mayor said. Rotterdam Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb said at […] ..... Read More.22 mins ago
- Liverpool return to big time after early flurry sinks HoffenheimJulian Nagelsmann, Hoffenheim’s bright young thing of a coach, proclaimed he was not in awe of Anfield but his team were overawed by the attacking prowess of Liverpool. Overrun and overpowered too as Jürgen Klopp’s side advanced into the Champions League group stage with an emphatic defeat of Hoffenheim. The likes of Barcelona will not be competitors only in the transfer market this season.A mesmerising display from Sadio Mané, Mohamed Salah and the Hoffenheim old boy Roberto Firmino in particular helped to give Liverpool a commanding early lead against the European debutants. Emre Can profited twice with Salah and the outstanding Firmino also on the scoresheet. Hoffenheim fought back valiantly through Mark Uth and Sandro Wagner but a Liverpool victory was never in doubt. Klopp’s team seized the opportunity to shape their season for the better. Continue reading... ..... Read More.27 mins ago
- Ryan’s warning: Don’t shut down government over border wallSpeaker Paul Ryan Wednesday rejected a threat by President Donald Trump to shut down the government to force Congress to approve funding for a border wall with Mexico. ..... Read More.33 mins ago