Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Trial to start in case of fatal shooting over parking spotCLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) — Jurors are set to hear opening arguments in the trial of a white man who is accused of fatally shooting an unarmed black man during a dispute over a parking space in Florida. Opening arguments were set Wednesday for a Clearwater courtroom. Five men and a woman were seated as jurors […] ..... Read More.14 mins ago
- DC enacts emergency regulations to stop migrant kids shelterWASHINGTON (AP) — Washington, D.C., has enacted emergency regulations to stop the federal government’s plan to house unaccompanied migrant children there. The Washington Post reports the regulations by Mayor Muriel E. Bowser’s administration were adopted Friday and prohibit licensing facilities housing more than 15 residents. They also require the director of the city’s child welfare […] ..... Read More.24 mins ago
- Spain: Island wildfire eases, lets evacuees return homeMADRID (AP) — Authorities in the Canary Islands say cooler temperatures and weaker winds are helping firefighters to progress in bringing Spain’s biggest wildfire so far this year under control, permitting just under half of the more than 10,000 people evacuated to return home. The islands’ emergency service tweeted Wednesday that the “favorable development of […] ..... Read More.25 mins ago
- McCain’s family fights to define legacy of civility, serviceWASHINGTON (AP) — John McCain’s family is asking Americans to reach out to one another and agree to disagree in honor of the late senator’s commitment to civility in public life. The family is making the request near the anniversary of McCain’s death from brain cancer. It’s part of the family’s effort to define his […] ..... Read More.31 mins ago
- Here’s what it could cost for America to buy GreenlandGreenland insists it's not for sale, despite President Donald Trump musing about buying it. But just how much could the world's largest island be worth to America? ..... Read More.33 mins ago
- The new rules of socks: novelty ones are out – but yes you can wear them with sandalsSocks are the new fashion statement, but are white ones in? Is cotton best? And should they always be pulled up? Here is the long and short of itYou may have noticed that socks aren’t what they used to be. Think back: for a long time socks were just something you used to cover your feet. Possibly black, probably ankle-height and definitely an afterthought. Socks are now an important part of your outfit at the least, the making of an outfit at most.Socks have become an area of diplomacy and woke-signalling – the Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau is perhaps the biggest name to use socks in this way, choosing pointedly themed ones for public occasions. Or a telling insight into a political mind: Boris Johnson was criticised recently for not washing his lucky socks, emblazoned with a ruler of the Neo-Assyrian empire King Ashurbanipal, often enough. Continue reading... ..... Read More.41 mins ago