Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Special Report: Texas officials say “wrong decision” delayed school shooting responseThe director of the Texas Department of Public Safety acknowledged a delay in officers breaching the classrooms at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde where a gunman shot and killed 19 children and two teachers, calling it the "wrong decision." Inside, children were calling 911 to plead for help. Watch his briefing in this CBS News Special Report anchored by Margaret Brennan. ..... Read More.6 mins ago
- Prescribed burns caused massive New Mexico fire, report findsThe fire has destroyed at least 330 homes as flames raged through nearly 500 square miles. ..... Read More.19 mins ago
- 19 officers stood in the hallway waiting. Now, 19 children are dead...... Read More.31 mins ago
- Gov. Abbott says he was “misled” about police response to Texas school shootingDuring a press conference Friday afternoon, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said he was "misled" when initially briefed about the police response to the Uvalde, Texas, school shooting. ..... Read More.40 mins ago
- Delay in breaching classroom during school shooting was “wrong decision,” official saysNearly 20 officers were in a hallway for more than 45 minutes before agents used a master key to open a door and confront the gunman, authorities said. ..... Read More.46 mins ago
- Participants prepare for Taps Across America traditionOn Memorial Day at 3 p.m. local time, musicians nationwide will take part in the third annual performance of Taps. CBS News originally started Taps Across America to shift focus back to the real purpose of Memorial Day -- to honor. By the thousands, musicians have answered the call. Steve Hartman shares more in "On the Road." ..... Read More.51 mins ago