Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration deathMILWAUKEE (AP) — Prosecutors say Milwaukee County Jail officers cut off an inmate’s water for seven consecutive days before the man died of dehydration. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://bit.ly/2ptGUYv ) reports that Assistant District Attorney Kurt Bentley told jurors at an inquest Monday that Terrill Thomas was mentally unstable and unable to ask for help […] ..... Read More.12 mins ago
- Notre Dame philosopher Alvin Plantinga wins Templeton PrizeSOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Retired University of Notre Dame philosophy professor Alvin Plantinga has won one of the world’s leading religion prizes. Plantinga, whose writings over half a century made belief in god or a divine reality a serious option within academic philosophy, was announced Tuesday as the winner of the 2017 Templeton Prize. […] ..... Read More.13 mins ago
- Former US Ambassador Samantha Power writing a memoirNEW YORK (AP) — Former U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power is writing a memoir about her transition from Pulitzer Prize-winning critic of foreign policy to a leading government official. Dey Street Books, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishing, told The Associated Press on Tuesday it had acquired “The Education of an Idealist.” A release date hasn’t yet […] ..... Read More.16 mins ago
- To prevent a shutdown, Trump begins an…18 mins ago
- NYC firefighter’s widow gets help to pay off mortgageNEW YORK (AP) — The family of a New York City firefighter who died after falling five stories while battling a blaze in Queens last week has the support of the city and a charity in helping to pay its debts. The Stephen Siller Tunnels to Tower Foundation announced Monday that it intend to pay […] ..... Read More.18 mins ago
- Police: Wife’s Fitbit logs steps after husband says she diedELLINGTON, Conn. (AP) — Police in Connecticut have cited Fitbit records in an arrest warrant for a 40-year-old man charged with killing his wife in 2015. Richard Dabate (DAH-bayt) faces murder, tampering with evidence and making a false statement charges in the fatal shooting of 39-year-old Connie Dabate on Dec. 23, 2015. Authorities say the […] ..... Read More.32 mins ago