Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- US awards $3M to fill gaps in medical marijuana researchThe U.S. government is spending $3 million to find out if marijuana can relieve pain, but none of the money will be used to study the part of the plant that gets people high. Nine research grants announced Thursday are for work on CBD, the trendy ingredient showing up in cosmetics and foods, and hundreds […] ..... Read More.19 mins ago
- 3 politicians sorry for using, defending anti-Semitic tropeTRENTON, N.J. (AP) — Three city council members in New Jersey’s capital city have now apologized for using or defending anti-Semitic language while discussing actions taken by the city’s Jewish attorney. Councilwoman Robin Vaughn apologized in a statement on Wednesday, saying her comments defending Council President Kathy McBride were wrong and that she was “sincerely […] ..... Read More.22 mins ago
- Israel defends checkpoint shooting as video raises concernJERUSALEM (AP) — Israeli police say security guards at a checkpoint near Jerusalem were in “immediate danger” when they shot and killed a Palestinian woman carrying a knife, after a widely circulated video of the shooting raised concerns about excessive force. The video of the shooting early Wednesday appears to show a private security guard […] ..... Read More.22 mins ago
- Court suspends key permits for planned Minnesota copper mineST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — The Minnesota Court of Appeals has handed environmental groups a victory by suspending two key permits for a planned PolyMet copper-nickel mine ahead of a hearing next month. The appeals court put PolyMet’s dam safety permit and its permit to mine on hold, ruling Wednesday that the Department of Natural […] ..... Read More.26 mins ago
- Mexico still has much rebuilding to do from 2017 quakeMEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico marked the Sept. 19 anniversaries of 2017 earthquakes that killed more than 500 people and a devastating 1985 temblor that left at least 9,500 dead. President Andrés Manuel López Obrador presided over a ceremony Thursday in which the flag was raised to half-staff in memory of the victims. Mexico still […] ..... Read More.30 mins ago
- Sex crime suspect says underage girl’s family attacked himMONROE, La. (AP) — A Louisiana man accused of having sex with a 13-year-old said he was beaten by the girl’s family after they caught the two together. News outlets report 18-year-old Javionne Thomas is charged with felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile. A Monroe sheriff’s arrest report says deputies responded to a call of […] ..... Read More.32 mins ago