Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Watch: Iconic Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio turns pinkThe 40-metre (130ft) monument was lit bright pink on Tuesday to mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- HS2: how the costly rail project ran out of trackIt started out with high hopes and a higher budget. Helen Pidd explains why the government has lost faith in the ambitious – and controversial – rail projectIt’s been more than a decade in the making – and was supposed to help connect English cities like never before. Now, delayed, over budget and more controversial than ever, HS2 ambitions have hit the buffers.Rumours have been swirling for weeks that the Manchester to Birmingham leg would be scrapped – and that the fate of the line between Euston and Old Oak Common was hanging in the balance. Now as the Conservative party conference is in full swing – ironically in a former Manchester railway station – the speculation that Sunak is finally going to confirm the rumours has hit fever pitch. And it has caused an outpouring of anger from politicians in the North and Midlands, such as Manchester’s mayor, Andy… ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- New Mexico attorney general charges officer in shooting of a Black manNew Mexico Attorney General Raúl Torrez on Tuesday announced that Las Cruces Police Officer Brad Lunsford has been charged with voluntary manslaughter in the shooting of Presley Eze in 2022. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- Barcelona’s Sagrada Familia Inches Closer to Being DoneAfter 140 years, Antoni Gaudí’s unrealized masterpiece is finally nearing completion. But hurdles still remain, with construction to last until at least 2026. ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- NSW fires: prime minister warns of challenging summer as homes destroyed on NSW south coastEmergency downgraded but RFS warns residents not to be complacent amid fire across more than 5,000 hectares Follow our Australia news live blog for latest updatesGet our morning and afternoon news emails, free app or daily news podcastThe prime minister, Anthony Albanese, has warned Australia is in for a challenging summer ahead of a visit to the New South Wales south coast, where homes were lost during a large blaze overnight.The NSW Rural Fire Service confirmed reports properties had been lost but were not able to say the exact number or location as field assessment teams were yet to arrive to undertake a review. There were no reports of people missing. Continue reading... ..... Read More.2 hours ago
- 10/3: Prime Time with John DickersonJohn Dickerson reports on the ousting of Kevin McCarthy as House speaker, growing tensions in the Democratic Party over immigration and a bipartisan Senate trip to China. ..... Read More.2 hours ago