Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Mueller castigates Trump’s decision to commute Roger Stone’s sentence – liveNancy Pelosi calls commutation a ‘threat to national security’Mueller breaks silence and condemns Trump for commuting sentenceSign up to our First Thing newsletterGlobal coronavirus liveblog: latest updates 3.53pm BSTA CBS News poll has found Donald Trump has lost ground to Joe Biden in battleground states that have become Covid-19 hotspots. Biden, the presumptive Democrat nominee for president, has a six-point lead in Florida, is tied in Arizona and trails by one point in Texas. Trump won all three states in the 2016 election.Most people polled in the three states said efforts to contain the virus in their states are going badly. The poll found that the more people are concerned about Covid-19, the more likely they are to vote for Biden. Most voters in all three states believed their state reopened too soon. Among those who do, they believe it was partly due to pressure from Trump’s administration. Related: Trump… ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Betsy DeVos won’t say if schools should listen to CDC reopening guidelinesEducation Secretary Betsy DeVos on Sunday refused to say whether schools should follow guidelines from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on reopening, saying those guidelines are meant to be "flexible." ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Iran report on downed Ukrainian jet blames misaligned air defence systemMissile defence operators had failed to recalibrate their systems, Tehran saysA report from Iranian investigators on the shooting down in January of a Ukrainian jet has blamed a misaligned air defence system giving wrong information to its operators, who did not seek authorisation to fire before killing all 176 people onboard.Iranian officials initially blamed the crash of Ukrainian Airlines flight 752 near Tehran on the morning of 8 January on technical problems with the aircraft, but days later admitted their own missiles had mistakenly downed it. Continue reading... ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Tottenham v Arsenal: Premier League – live!Minute-by-minute updates on the north London derbyJonathan Wilson: Why Spurs are stagnating under MourinhoArteta tells Arsenal teenager Saka to ‘enjoy the moment’Email email@example.com with any thoughts 3.43pm BSTThere’s a bit of a surprise in the Arsenal team, with Bukayo Saka only on the bench. Tottenham (4-2-3-1) Lloris; Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Davies; Sissoko, Winks; Lucas Moura, Lo Celso, Son; Kane.Substitutes: Gazzaniga, Vertonghen, Tanganga, Lamela, Sessegnon, Ndombele, Fernandes, Skipp, Bergwijn. 3.38pm BSTHello. Arsenal and Spurs are only a point apart in the table, but the mood around the clubs could barely be different. Arsenal are high on Bukayo Saka and four wins and a draw in the last five games; Spurs have regained their old status as a renewable source of banter. Much of the negativity around the club comes from the media, which loves a Jose Mourinho bad-news story, and Spurs have been desperately unlucky with VAR in the last few… ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Boris Johnson accused of plan to ’emasculate’ UK devolutionSenior figures in Scotland and Wales warn Brexit is bringing a ‘statutory fist crashing down’Boris Johnson has been accused of planning an “emasculation” of the devolution settlement, with senior officials and politicians warning that plans for a post-Brexit UK-wide internal market will put Scotland and Wales on a collision course with Westminster.As support for Scottish independence shows a sustained polling lead and the Welsh parliament prepares for a debate on Wednesday about holding an independence referendum, the UK government is accused of bringing a “statutory fist crashing down” as it attempts to regulate policy and standards across the four nations. Continue reading... ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- ‘Sensational’ Egypt find offers clues in hunt for Cleopatra’s tombExclusive: discovery of two ancient mummies filmed for Channel 5 documentaryShe was the fabled queen of ancient Egypt, immortalised over thousands of years as a beautiful seductress. But, despite her fame, Cleopatra’s tomb is one of the great unsolved mysteries.Some believe she was buried in Alexandria, where she was born and ruled from her royal palace, a city decimated by the tsunami of 365AD. Others suggest her final resting place could be about 30 miles away, in the ancient temple of Taposiris Magna, built by her Ptolemaic ancestors on the Nile Delta. Continue reading... ..... Read More.1 hour ago