Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Florida man guilty of killing his mother sentenced to lifeNAPLES, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man who was found guilty of killing his mother has been sentenced to life in prison. News outlets report 33-year-old Yuzo Nishi was sentenced Tuesday in the 2016 death of 51-year-old Maria Bertalmio. Nishi was found guilty in June of second-degree murder. A Collier County Sheriff’s Office report says […] ..... Read More.40 mins ago
- Spider-Man out of Marvel Cinematic Universe after Disney split with SonySony expresses disappointment over push by Disney – the parent company of Marvel – for greater share of the profitsSony Pictures, the studio which owns the rights to comic book character Spider-Man, has spoken out about the split with Disney that will see the webslinger booted out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. A statement released by Sony on Tuesday night said they were “disappointed” by Disney’s demand for a greater stake in the Spider-Man films, and by their proposal to scale down the involvement of Marvel president Kevin Feige in the movies. Continue reading... ..... Read More.45 mins ago
- China says it has detained a UK consulate employeeAn employee of the British consulate who has been missing for almost two weeks has been detained in mainland China, the country's ministry of foreign affairs confirmed Wednesday. ..... Read More.50 mins ago
- Are smartphones holding back tennis’s next generation?As every parent knows, smartphones and screens can be a huge distraction for young children and teenagers. ..... Read More.52 mins ago
- Trial delayed in alleged threats to anti-LGBT delegate caseCHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A trial has been delayed for a Virginia man accused of threatening a West Virginia delegate who equated the LGBTQ community to the Ku Klux Klan. The Charleston Gazette-Mail reports the Monday bench trial for Jonathan George Benfer was delayed over several oversights. The absent Republican Delegate Eric Porterfield said he […] ..... Read More.55 mins ago
- German authorities find 46 guns linked to politician’s deathBERLIN (AP) — German authorities say they have found 46 guns in the possession of three men suspected in the killing of a regional official from German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s party. A spokesman for Germany’s interior ministry on Wednesday confirmed a report in daily Tagesspiegel, adding the investigation of the weapons is still ongoing. Walter […] ..... Read More.59 mins ago