Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Iran post office delivers box to minister in drone testTEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran’s post office has used a drone to test fly a box to the country’s telecommunications minister. Officials say using drones might one day reduce air pollution and traffic in the capital Tehran. Telecommunications Minister Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromi, in video posted on his Twitter account, shows Thursday how he received […] ..... Read More.30 mins ago
- Republicans lose sight of their own impeachment standards33 mins ago
- Hope, worry, lawsuits as NY enacts immigrant license lawALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — A new law allowing New Yorkers to get driver’s licenses without having to prove they are in the country legally is set to take effect Monday, though immigrants might still face hurdles in some parts of the state. Some county clerks ideologically opposed to the law have challenged it in court […] ..... Read More.33 mins ago
- Pentagon: Defense official sexually harassed female staffWASHINGTON (AP) — A Pentagon report has found that a senior Defense Department official sexually harassed several women on his staff, touching them and making inappropriate comments. The department’s inspector general said in a report Thursday that Guy Roberts, the former assistant defense secretary for nuclear programs, made “deliberate, unwelcomed physical contact of a sexual […] ..... Read More.38 mins ago
- Warren gets campaign effort going in PennsylvaniaHARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Elizabeth Warren’s campaign is moving to become the first in the Democratic presidential primary to hire field staff and open field offices in Pennsylvania, early moves in a late primary state that could become an important prize if the nominee remains in doubt past March. Warren’s campaign said it has hired […] ..... Read More.41 mins ago
- General election 2019: voters queue for ‘most important poll in a generation’ ...Both Labour and Conservatives say vote offers stark choice between the two parties. Follow the latest developments – liveWho to vote for: bite-size guide to the manifestosWhat time will we know who won? Election night guideHave you experienced any voting issues?As they happen: full election results tracker 5.36pm GMTSpeaking at an EU leaders’ summit in Brussels, the Irish taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, said he hoped that the general election would not produce a hung parliament.He told reporters: The best thing for Ireland, for the UK and for Europe would be an end to the uncertainty, so whether that’s prime minister Johnson winning with a large majority, or remain parties winning a majority, we’ll work with whatever the outcome is.What has been very hard to work with was a hung parliament that wasn’t able to come to a majority decision on anything. I just hope we’re not in that position tomorrow.Brexit doesn’t… ..... Read More.46 mins ago