Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Lindsey Graham changes tune on Trump’s strategyPresident Donald Trump has agreed to keep about 400 US troops in Syria after the withdrawal of most US forces there this spring, a senior administration official said. CNN's Barbara Starr reports. ..... Read More.41 mins ago
- ‘We won’t be war profiteers’: Microsoft workers protest $480m army contr...Workers say augmented reality headsets provided to US army risk ‘turning warfare into a simulated video game’Microsoft workers are calling on their employer to cancel a $480m contract to provide the US army with augmented reality (AR) headsets, saying they “do not want to become war profiteers”.“We did not sign up to develop weapons, and we demand a say in how our work is used,” reads a petition being circulated inside the company, a copy of which was published on Twitter on Friday afternoon. More than 50 employees had signed the letter as of Friday afternoon, according to an employee. Continue reading... ..... Read More.41 mins ago
- Black woman replacing Alabama editor who endorsed KKKBIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A white Alabama newspaper editor who advocated for a revival of the Ku Klux Klan is turning over control to a black woman. The Democrat-Reporter of Linden, Alabama, announced Friday that Elecia R. Dexter is taking over as the paper’s publisher and editor from Goodloe Sutton. That comes after Sutton published […] ..... Read More.45 mins ago
- How major US stock indexes fared FridayTechnology and health care companies led U.S. stocks higher Friday, giving the S&P 500 index its fourth straight weekly gain. The broad rally came as investors grew hopeful that talks between the U.S. and China would defuse a costly trade war between the two countries. High-level talks between U.S. and Chinese negotiators were slated to […] ..... Read More.47 mins ago
- Disabled greeter meets with Walmart about job; no resolutionA beloved Walmart greeter with cerebral palsy has met with store management in a bid to keep his job but came away with no guarantees, and his family is girding for a fight. Adam Catlin uses a walker and is legally blind. He is worried he’ll be out of work after store management in Selinsgrove, […] ..... Read More.48 mins ago
- Police: Suspect fires at people in mall sporting goods storeNORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a man shot at specific people inside a sporting goods store in a South Carolina mall, though no one is believed to have been injured. North Charleston Deputy Police Chief Scott Decker says officers are still seeking the gunman and the people he was shooting at Friday afternoon […] ..... Read More.49 mins ago