Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- South Africa hit by deadly Easter church collapseAt least 13 worshippers are killed when a wall collapses at the start of an Easter service. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Expats vote on giving Egypt president 8 more years in powerCAIRO (AP) — Egypt’s state news agency says expats have started voting on constitutional amendments that would allow President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi to stay in power until 2030. MENA reported that Egyptians living abroad lined up outside their country’s diplomatic missions to vote on Friday, a day before the referendum starts in Egypt. The voting is […] ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Snakes in office force Liberia’s president to work from homeMONROVIA, Liberia (AP) — A spokesman says Liberia’s president is working from home after two snakes were found in the building that contains his office. Deputy press secretary Smith Toby tells The Associated Press that former international soccer star and President George Weah was told to stay away until the Foreign Affairs building can be […] ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Sri Lankans Accuse Him of Wartime Atrocities. California May Decide.Gotabaya Rajapaksa oversaw the final stages of a civil war that ended in 2009. He could be liable for civil damages if American judges find him guilty of murder and torture. ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Aussie doctors bestowed Thai royal honors for cave rescueBANGKOK (AP) — Two Australian doctors in Thailand to receive royal honors for helping rescue a boys soccer team from a flooded cave say they are looking forward to a reunion with the people they helped save. Richard Harris and Craig Challen were given the award at a ceremony Friday presided over by Thai Prime […] ..... Read More.1 hour ago
- Wave of police suicides sparks protests in FrancePARIS (AP) — French police officers are calling for an urgent meeting with Interior minister Christophe Castaner after two of their colleagues killed themselves this week, taking the number of suicides in police ranks to 28 since the start of the year. According to the Interior Ministry’s numbers, 68 officers took their own lives in […] ..... Read More.1 hour ago