Searchable News & Info From Reliable Online Sources.
- Russia moves closer to pulling out of arms treaty with USMOSCOW (AP) — Russia has moved closer to suspending its participation in a key nuclear arms treaty. The State Duma on Tuesday voted overwhelmingly to support President Vladimir Putin’s decree to suspend Russia’s obligations under the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty with the United States. The move comes after the U.S. gave notice of its […] ..... Read More.52 mins ago
- Opinion: The real goal of Jared Kushner’s peace planIn the past several days, a few new wrinkles have appeared in the Trump administration "deal of the century" peace plan conceived by first son-in-law Jared Kushner: CNN broke the news that the political portion of the self-described Ultimate Deal would be delayed again, this time until after the September 17 Israeli elections. ..... Read More.53 mins ago
- China suspends imports from Canadian pork companyBEIJING (AP) — Chinese state media say the country will halt imports from a Canadian pork company after food safety issues were detected in one batch. The Xinhua news agency reported Tuesday that customs authorities in the eastern city of Nanjing found traces of ractopamine, a feed additive banned in many countries, in pork products […] ..... Read More.53 mins ago
- Analysis: McConnell’s blockade of House legislation is about to face its toughest te...In the struggle between Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and the Democratic-controlled House, the immovable object may finally have met an irresistible force. ..... Read More.55 mins ago
- ‘Like the centre of a wheel’: the eternal influence of Joy DivisionForty years after their debut album, the Manchester band continue to influence not just music, but graphic design, literature, film and more. Moby, the Killers, Jon Savage and others explain whyI initially saw Joy Division when they were known as Warsaw in 1977, but the first time I thought they were something extraordinary was watching them supporting John Cooper Clarke in June 1979. Live, Joy Division were heavy. Performers – and David Bowie is a good example – know exactly what to give and what to withhold, but [singer] Ian Curtis didn’t have that stagecraft. He just came on and gave everything. That is something that’s not infinitely reproducible. Continue reading... ..... Read More.56 mins ago
- What China, North Korea are looking to achieve with summitChinese President Xi Jinping travels to North Korea to meet leader Kim Jong Un this week looking to strengthen their sometimes shaky bond at a time when both are locked in dispute with the United States — Xi over trade and Kim over nuclear weapons. ..... Read More.58 mins ago